laylalex

Happy Women's Equality Day!

34 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: England
Timeline
2 minutes ago, laylalex said:

What do you suggest I get instead? We have an anniversary coming up in October, and we'll be in the UK (and in Scotland no less) then. I'd love to get him something really special, especially since we will both have to be in the same room with the dreaded ex at a wedding (😱) and he'll deserve a treat.

And as for how it tastes, well it tastes lovely. It is also very sentimental to me, since it's what I was drinking the first night I met him. ❤️ And I have two ice cubes at most, thank you.

For something in your price range and easier to find in the local shops, a Glenlivet 15 is a good place to start. If you can find a Oban Bay Reserve, it's pricier but very nice. Glenfiddich and any Oban are solid choices, the older the better. Glen Grant, Dalmore, and Craigellachie are all wonderful too, but pricier. You only live once though, splurging on a good scotch wouldn't be the worst decision you could make.

1 minute ago, Steeleballz said:

Not sure why people do this. As if your taste in something should translate to everyone else. Someone questioned my choice of vodka like this once. My response was who the hell cares. I wasn't asking him if he wanted a drink. It was for myself. I like, I drink it. That's all that matters. 

If you have been eating a well done steak with ketchup and saying you like it because that's the way you've always eaten it, then I cook a prime cut for you, perfect medium rare, seasoned with nothing but sea salt and black pepper, you will understand why you've been eating it wrong your whole life.

If you're just drinking to get drunk, then by all means go for the bottom shelf. But if you're drinking to really enjoy the labour, love, and skill that went into your bottle, it's worth doing it right.

-

“He’s in there fighting,” the president said. “Boris knows how to win.”

Timeline
28 minutes ago, laylalex said:

I think Boris wants us all to recognize that he can afford the best whiskies known to humanity. :P 

Hardly. Just passing on some wisdom that's been passed to me.

-

6 minutes ago, Boris Farage said:

For something in your price range and easier to find in the local shops, a Glenlivet 15 is a good place to start. If you can find a Oban Bay Reserve, it's pricier but very nice. Glenfiddich and any Oban are solid choices, the older the better. Glen Grant, Dalmore, and Craigellachie are all wonderful too, but pricier. You only live once though, splurging on a good scotch wouldn't be the worst decision you could make.

Looking for something not too peaty (personal preference) for myself, but that Oban Bay Reserve looks decent and very much in my price range (thank for assuming to know what I can afford :rolleyes:) for him. 

29 minutes ago, Boris Farage said:

If you have been eating a well done steak with ketchup and saying you like it because that's the way you've always eaten it, then I cook a prime cut for you, perfect medium rare, seasoned with nothing but sea salt and black pepper, you will understand why you've been eating it wrong your whole life.

If you're just drinking to get drunk, then by all means go for the bottom shelf. But if you're drinking to really enjoy the labour, love, and skill that went into your bottle, it's worth doing it right.

Sure, but that wasn't what you did. You didn't duggest an alternative until I mentioned it.

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

Sure, but that wasn't what you did. You didn't duggest an alternative until I mentioned it.

I suggested an alternative because @laylalex asked. I didn't see your request for an alternative until after I'd posted it. Apologies if I've offended, my intention was only to share something I have some knowledge of.

-

12 minutes ago, Boris Farage said:

I suggested an alternative because @laylalex asked. I didn't see your request for an alternative until after I'd posted it. Apologies if I've offended, my intention was only to share something I have some knowledge of.

And I thank you for it. (F) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
1 hour ago, theresaL said:

I like my vodka martinis dirty, dry, and straight up with 2 olives. Definitely shaken not stirred. Does that count???🍸🍸🍸

Just like your women?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
9 minutes ago, theresaL said:

I'm not a bloke. Quite the opposite actually.

Never said you were.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

1 hour ago, Boris Farage said:

I like Ketchup on my steak and baked potato

As for Bourbon 

Image result for rebel yell bourbon

5 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Never said you were.

I just spit tea 🤣

Just now, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

I like Ketchup on my steak and baked potato

As for Bourbon 

Image result for rebel yell bourbon

Ew, ketchup. But that bourbon looks lovely. 😍

Okay, I've messed around at work today too much and should go home to drink in peace! :D 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, theresaL said:

ah, but it was implied. at least in my hetero world.

Here in VJ we are very accepting of diversity.

Unlike some:

MSNBC Calls Republican’s Belief in Only Two Genders ‘Incendiary’

Filed: Timeline
4 hours ago, Boris Farage said:

No offense, but you might as well be drinking bathtub mash. Ten years old is, at a minimum, four years too young. Your fiance ought to be charged with scotch pedophilia. Also, unsure of your definition of "on the rocks," but a good scotch only needs a little water, a single cube, two at the most, to open it up and let it breathe. Although for what you're drinking, maybe the water is a good dilution. 😉

No offensense, but those who choose scotch over rum are a bit bonkers at best.

Don Papa FTW!!