lisaonnet

I-751 Cluster - help needed

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi All, I’m filling in my I-751 and this form is a nightmare..I checked the instructions on the USCIS site and they don’t match the form.

So, here’s where I’m at...and I need some verification from someone who ha done this already before I lose my mind, ha ha

I am the permanent resident and my husband is the us citizen.

Part 1 is my information

Part 2 is more about me

Part 3 is me again

Part 4 is about by US husband??

Part 5 I don’t have any, so I’m leaving this blank

Part 6 I am also leaving blank

Part 7 I ticked 1a and filled in my contact info, printed my name. On the other page, I signed and dated

Part 8 is my US citizen husband, ticked, inputted his info and on the other page, he signed

Part 9 I left blank

Part 10 I left blank

Part 11 I added previous address info and the page number references

Any help would be hugely appreciated!!!!!!

Thank you so much

Lisa xx

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
8 minutes ago, lisaonnet said:

Hi All, I’m filling in my I-751 and this form is a nightmare..I checked the instructions on the USCIS site and they don’t match the form.

So, here’s where I’m at...and I need some verification from someone who ha done this already before I lose my mind, ha ha

Part 1 is my information

Part 2 is more about me

Part 3 is me again

Part 7 I ticked 1a and filled in my contact info, printed my name. On the other page, I signed and dated

Part 8 is my US citizen husband, ticked, inputted his info and on the other page, he signed

Part 9 I left blank

Part 10 I left blank

Thank you so much

Lisa xx

Looks correct to me !! You are the petitioner for this application .. unlike the previous steps that you’ve already completed. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
13 minutes ago, lisaonnet said:

Part 1 is my information

Part 2 is more about me

Part 3 is me again

Part 9 I left blank

Part 10 I left blank

Thank you so much

Lisa xx

Looks correct.  That's what we did......other than putting "NA" in the children area. 

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, lisaonnet said:

So part 4 is for the US citizen (not the permanent resident).

ok...that helps!

Yes.  Part 4 is for the spouse of the petitioner.....in this case, you are the petitioner.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Often times during the immigration process, it can be confusing as to what role are we doing, or which hat are we wearing at this time.

For example, when my family was in the middle of getting their state IDs, we were meeting with a licensing examiner (who very obviously didn't want me in the office with my family). The examiner snidely asked me who and what was I doing at the hearing. So, I started listing off the many hats (titles) that I had worn since starting this immigration journey......petitioner, fiance, spouse, stepfather, sponsor, chauffeur, citizen, US taxpayer.  That was all I could think of at that moment, I think that there may be others...lol...  Just keep yourself in the present, and your current task, maybe that will help you determine your primary role at that moment.

BTW, I got to stay for their hearings.....

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline
5 minutes ago, NilsaNAnil said:

Quick question... who signs Part 7 1a? The US Citizen who is the petitioner or the green card holder who is the spouse?

For the I-751, the US citizen is NOT the petitioner........part 7 1a is completed by the Green Card holder.

Edited by missileman

Timeline
5 minutes ago, lisaonnet said:

Did you send one check for the fee and biometrics or two separate checks?

I sent one check for $680.00

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.