dims1

After over a year.... here she comes!

27 posts in this topic

Thanks everyone for your kind words and prayers.

Lorna is now sleeping at a Manila hotel. When she gets up she will go to the airport and fly to Toyko. Getting real close now!! hehehe!

I went there middle of may last year and married her. So this makes for a great anniversary present! :dance:

Lorna & Mike (F)

2_us1.JPG

May 1,2006 Went to Philippines and married my sweety.

----------------------------------

Case completed at NVC 12-01-06 Yaaaaay

Received Interview date notice Feb 6

Physical Feb 20-21 (Went well!)

Interview date March 19"

Be sure to print out a copy of silly girls famous ST. Lukes step by step story.... Its fantastic and made it incredibly easy for my wife to go through the 2 day procedure. I will go find it and put a link.... here it is:

http://www.raymonddouglas.com/visa/medical.pdf

Do yourself a favor and print this out and take it with you to your physical....You'll be glad you did!!

Entered USA 06/06/2007

-----------------------------------------

Naturalization

Sent N-400 on 3/11/10

They received 3/15/10

Cashed Check 3/19/10

Received NOA 3/29/10

Received bio notice 4/05/10

Early biometrics 4/14/10 different from

the date assigned (Original BIO date was 4/27)

Received interview date notice 5/19

Interview 6/24

Oath 8/13 Done.... and DONE!!!! :-)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

:dance: Congrats! It's so great once you're finally together! :dance:

She's flying through Tokyo? Sorry. :whistle: I did not like that airport. It's big and confusing and warm. My flight from Tokyo to Manila was almost an hour late and the people at the gate were clueless. They did announcements in Japanese and Japanenglish (impossible to hear/understand) despite the fact that 99% of the passengers were Filipino and American. Our return flight from Tokyo to New Jersey was also delayed - not something you want when it's your POE. I'll be avoiding Tokyo on future flights at all costs. :yes:

Married on 11/21/06 in her hometown city Tumauini located in the Isabela province (Republic of the Philippines)

I-129 Timeline

12/12/06 - Mailed I-129 package to Chicago Service Center

12/14/06 - Received by Chicago Service Center

12/18/06 - NOA1 notice date from Missouri (NBC)

12/21/06 - NOA1 received in mail

12/27, 12/29, 12/31 - Touches

01/06/07 - Transfered to California Service Center

01/11/07 - Arrived at California Service Center

1/12, 1/16, 1/17, 2/6 - Touches

02/06/07 - NOA2 from California Service Center

02/11/07 - Received NOA2 in mail

02/15/07 - Arrived at the NVC - MNL case # assigned

02/20/07 - Sent to US Embassy in Manila

02/26/07 - Received at Embassy

03/30/07 - Packet 4 received

05/09/07 - Medical scheduled (did early)

05/16/07 - Interview

05/23/07 - Visa Delivered

05/25/07 - POE in Newark, NJ

I-130 Timeline

11/27/06 - Mailed I-130 package to Texas Service Center

11/29/06 - Package received by Texas Service Center

12/06/06 - NOA1 notice date from California Service Center

12/09/06 - Touch

12/11/06 - NOA1 received in mail

02/06/07 - NOA2 from California Service Center

02/11/07 - Received NOA2 in mail (I-130 held at CSC)

--------------------

Pinoy Info Forum - For the members of Asawa.org in diaspora

Congrats.

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

Congratulations and goodluck :thumbs:

--------------------------------------------------------------

Naturalization

Aug. 05, 2009......sent N-400

Aug. 06, 2009......delivered at 11:45

Aug. 17, 2009.....NOA

Sept.01, 2009.....biometric appointment

Sept.12, 2009.....rcved interview letter

Oct. 19, 2009.....date of interview....passed!!!!!

Nov. 18, 2009.....Oath Ceremony...yahooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

Hi everyone,

Finally after a year+ of immigration stress, Lorna leaves Cebu today for Manila.

She'll spend the night there and leave in the morning for Tokyo.

Then to Portland, Oregon. Then finally arrive in Medford, Oregon Wed. afternoon.

The positive for taking so long is I have been able to add a master bedroom and a brand new bathroom as well as MAJOR cleaning, hehehe!

I just wanted to thank everyone at this site for all the great info and help and friendship to help get us through all of this.

I can't imagine how we would have done all of this without this site and you folks.

Thank a bunch and good luck and God Bless everyone going through the journey!

Love and peace!

Lorna & Mike

Congratulations and goodluck :thumbs:

My wife left Cebu 28 months ago to come to North Carolina. I can not imagine my life without her. Love her always and

forever. Remember she loves the food from home...so lots of rice and fish for her!! Ingat..enjoy your life together

Congratulations Mike and Lorna!!! It is such a relief to have all of this finished, isn't it? A big load lifted, huh? Now you can get along with living and learning. I must admit since Milah Jean arrived here a bit over 2 months ago, I've had very little time to browse VJ or do anything else internet related. We've just been so busy, and I absolutely love it!!! We're praying that Lorna's adjustment is as easy and amazing as Milah Jean's. Sometimes she thinks she's never left her place since we can find nearly everything here she is used to eating there. She's a great cook, so I'd say that 8 of 10 meals we enjoy are totally Filipino food. The negative side effect...we have both added a few pounds...but it's oh my soooo good!!!We thank God every night for this amazing miracle and the blessings He continues to bestow upon us. What a fantastic adventure. Good luck!!!

Michael and Milah Jean

Michael and Milah Jean

04/24/2006 | Married in Leyte
06/16/2006 | Mail I-130 petition to NSC
03/15/2007 | INTERVIEW - 6:30 am - APPROVED!!!!
04/05/2007 | ARRIVED IN AMERICA!!! (Detroit)
04/14/2007 | Received SSN card in mail
04/23/2007 | Received 2 yr green card
04/24/2007 | CELEBRATE FIRST ANNIVERSARY!!!
11/16/2007 | We're pregnant!!!
07/01/2008 | Ester Faith born at 11:49 pm
02/12/2009 | Mail I-751 petition to remove conditions
04/16/2009 | Approved - Letter recd 4/21/2009
06/29/2009 | Received 10 yr green card
07/11/2009 | Received Ohio driver's license - passed road test 1st try!!
01/29/2011 | We're preggie...again!!!
09/21/2011 | Eugene Filip born - 7:55 am

02/29/2016 | Mail N-400 application

05/19/2016 | Naturalization interview

06/16/2016 | Oath ceremony

Thanks Mike,

I'm happy your sweety is adjusting so easily.

Lorna has been here about 4 days and time is flying... She is doing well here in Oregon. I live in the woods and she loves the quietness, birds and squirrels.

A couple of issues....

She is cold until about 70 degrees. so she dreeses warmer than usual right now. I'm sure she will adjust.

All I have is american tv.... she has trouble with the speed of talk sometimes and slang. Again she will adjust and I'm thinking about getting the Filipino channel(I have directv)

One problem is her skin is getting very dry.

We asked around and it seems it could be because of the dryness in the air here compared to PI. I bought her some stuff for her face and one lady recommended drinking a lot of water because her body is used to absorbing the wetness in the air in PI.

If anyone has suggestions on how to remedy Lornas dry skin, please post.

But otherwise its great! She is delightful and easy to be around!!

And YES! It's FANTASTIC to have all the immigration stuff behind us!!!! Thank you LORD!!

Lorna & Mike

Congratulations Mike and Lorna!!! It is such a relief to have all of this finished, isn't it? A big load lifted, huh? Now you can get along with living and learning. I must admit since Milah Jean arrived here a bit over 2 months ago, I've had very little time to browse VJ or do anything else internet related. We've just been so busy, and I absolutely love it!!! We're praying that Lorna's adjustment is as easy and amazing as Milah Jean's. Sometimes she thinks she's never left her place since we can find nearly everything here she is used to eating there. She's a great cook, so I'd say that 8 of 10 meals we enjoy are totally Filipino food. The negative side effect...we have both added a few pounds...but it's oh my soooo good!!!We thank God every night for this amazing miracle and the blessings He continues to bestow upon us. What a fantastic adventure. Good luck!!!

Michael and Milah Jean

Edited by dims1

2_us1.JPG

May 1,2006 Went to Philippines and married my sweety.

----------------------------------

Case completed at NVC 12-01-06 Yaaaaay

Received Interview date notice Feb 6

Physical Feb 20-21 (Went well!)

Interview date March 19"

Be sure to print out a copy of silly girls famous ST. Lukes step by step story.... Its fantastic and made it incredibly easy for my wife to go through the 2 day procedure. I will go find it and put a link.... here it is:

http://www.raymonddouglas.com/visa/medical.pdf

Do yourself a favor and print this out and take it with you to your physical....You'll be glad you did!!

Entered USA 06/06/2007

-----------------------------------------

Naturalization

Sent N-400 on 3/11/10

They received 3/15/10

Cashed Check 3/19/10

Received NOA 3/29/10

Received bio notice 4/05/10

Early biometrics 4/14/10 different from

the date assigned (Original BIO date was 4/27)

Received interview date notice 5/19

Interview 6/24

Oath 8/13 Done.... and DONE!!!! :-)

Congrats! This is a wonderful time for you. It's the beginning of a new journey and new experiences that further bond the love and dedication that you share. I'm so happy for you both.

Cheers!!!

Sheriff Uling

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Yes, Milah Jean had the same problems when she arrived here. I'm in Ohio, so it's going to be chilly for much of the year here. She wore her winter coat inside the house nearly all day for a couple of weeks after she arrived in April. I had the thermostat set for about 67-68 F, and like you say, she's used to it NEVER being under 70-75 degrees. She was very cold for a while. Last weekend while we were attending a huge local outdoor festival here it was very sunny, humid and hot. We were walking in the crowds and she looks up at me and says..."Sweetie...I'm hot"...so, she's loving aircon in the car and in the house now. We keep it constant about 78-80 degrees and she's fine.

She also had problems with headaches and dryness for about 2 weeks after arriving, especially her sinus. She was taking Advil cold and sinus pills for probably a month while she adjusted to the dry air in the house. She also bathes in Avon Skin So Soft lotion, too. Her lips were also hurting. I've been after her to drink water water water. She has had no problems with tap water here (city water), but she prefers mineral water (Meijer). She also cut her finger really good on a very sharp knife the second week she was here. That was fun. She's not used to SHARP knives.

I'm planning to switch to Direct TV after my current Dish Network deal expires in October. I upgraded to the big dish Oct 2006 and have the Mabuhay Channel and the 3-channel Viva Pinoy package, four channels total. She watches channel 713 constantly, movies mostly. Mabuhay has been unavailable for about a month now, so I'm planning to call Dish to cancel that and ask for a refund. I was told that they knew the signal was not available, but didn't know why. She wants TFC, so I'm looking at Direct TV. I'm also really disappointed with their standard 5-channel HD package.

Overall, she's loving life here. Right now she's directly across the street from the office here at the home of a new friend she met Saturday. Anna, her new friend, is from Bohol, so they're preparing a lunch feast, and I'm sure having a blast while I slave away here...hahaha

Take care always...

Michael and Milah Jean

04/24/2006 | Married in Leyte
06/16/2006 | Mail I-130 petition to NSC
03/15/2007 | INTERVIEW - 6:30 am - APPROVED!!!!
04/05/2007 | ARRIVED IN AMERICA!!! (Detroit)
04/14/2007 | Received SSN card in mail
04/23/2007 | Received 2 yr green card
04/24/2007 | CELEBRATE FIRST ANNIVERSARY!!!
11/16/2007 | We're pregnant!!!
07/01/2008 | Ester Faith born at 11:49 pm
02/12/2009 | Mail I-751 petition to remove conditions
04/16/2009 | Approved - Letter recd 4/21/2009
06/29/2009 | Received 10 yr green card
07/11/2009 | Received Ohio driver's license - passed road test 1st try!!
01/29/2011 | We're preggie...again!!!
09/21/2011 | Eugene Filip born - 7:55 am

02/29/2016 | Mail N-400 application

05/19/2016 | Naturalization interview

06/16/2016 | Oath ceremony

Congratulations!!! A little delayed but things have been crazy on my end so I really haven't had the chance to visit VJ much.

I also had a really bad case of dry skin when I got here. I used Aveeno and it really helped.

I wish you guys all the happiness in the world. :)

Thanks Mike,

I'm happy your sweety is adjusting so easily.

Lorna has been here about 4 days and time is flying... She is doing well here in Oregon. I live in the woods and she loves the quietness, birds and squirrels.

A couple of issues....

She is cold until about 70 degrees. so she dreeses warmer than usual right now. I'm sure she will adjust.

All I have is american tv.... she has trouble with the speed of talk sometimes and slang. Again she will adjust and I'm thinking about getting the Filipino channel(I have directv)

One problem is her skin is getting very dry.

We asked around and it seems it could be because of the dryness in the air here compared to PI. I bought her some stuff for her face and one lady recommended drinking a lot of water because her body is used to absorbing the wetness in the air in PI.

If anyone has suggestions on how to remedy Lornas dry skin, please post.

But otherwise its great! She is delightful and easy to be around!!

And YES! It's FANTASTIC to have all the immigration stuff behind us!!!! Thank you LORD!!

Lorna & Mike

AOS Journey

08 Dec 06 - mailed AOS, EAD, AP

15 Dec 06 - received 3 NOA1s in the mail

23 Dec 06 - received biometrics appointment letter in the mail

29 Dec 06 - received email stating that AOS was transferred to CSC

03 Jan 07 - Biometrics appointment

09 Jan 07 - AOS & EAD touched

17 Jan 07 - AOS touched

20 Jan 07 - AOS touched

24 Jan 07 - got AOS CARD PRODUCTION email!

26 Jan 07 - got welcome email

29 Jan 07 - got approval notice email

29 Jan 07 - Green card in the mail!!!

12 Mar 07 - 1st job interview

14 Mar 07 - 1st day @ work!

Lifting of Conditions

25 Oct 08 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

31 Oct 08 - Check cashed!

03 Nov 08 - Received NOA dated 10-29-08

26 Nov 08 - Biometrics appointment - a day before we leave for the Phils, whew!

06 Jan 09 - 10yr GC approved!

10 Jan 09 - 10yr GC received

St. Luke's Medical procedure click here

Interview experience click here

CFO (PRISM) experienceclick here

.png

hey happy for you both!

as for dry skin? tell me about it! lol... i used aveeno, vaseline, olay, ETC whatever they endorse on tv ill buy it! it doesnt change a thing after 3 mins of applying, it'll only goes back to dryness again! our skin is still adjusting though, been here almost 5 months now and yet still dry considering colorado is a dry place compared to very humid phil! i didnt even think there's such a big difference (i thought what do you mean dry like no rain? lol) now i know how is it here in the US. there's humid and dry... anyways TFC helps alot for other filipinas especially if they're used to watch soaps. i missed wowowee is all :blush: wanted to get one. we have direct tv and paying almost $60 and sometimes i wanted to get TFC too addtional $26 (or $40 if you include GMA) but im still thinking about it. maybe one of these days when i cant take it anymore. i miss my language sometimes.

anywayz, i hope she'll be fine and will have a really great time there. I BET SHE WILL!

edit: can to CANT lol

Edited by ronmay

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.