mrfer

LPR Petition unmarried minor DREAMER son

5 posts in this topic

Hi everyone -

I-130 was approved a few months ago and now we're finally able to fill out the DS-260. I have a couple of questions...here is some initial info:

My son is currently under DACA (has been since he was 16 so he hasn't accrued unlawful presence).

Son entered the US with Italian passport (visa waiver) back in 2004. He's originally from Argentina and the interview will be in Argentina.

He's been living in the US since 2004.

When filling out the visa, on the 2nd section under "personal" it asks for nationality and passport information. Should we use "Argentina" as well as his Argentinian passport info? (even though that wasn't what he used when he entered the US). The following question is "do you hold nationality other than the one you have indicated above?"

As far as present address...should we use our US address? We don't have an address in Argentina since we don't live there.

Thanks for your help!

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
54 minutes ago, mrfer said:

When filling out the visa, on the 2nd section under "personal" it asks for nationality and passport information. Should we use "Argentina" as well as his Argentinian passport info? (even though that wasn't what he used when he entered the US). The following question is "do you hold nationality other than the one you have indicated above?"

This is a little bit confusing. So your son was an Italian national when he entered the US in 2004. Was he also an Argentinian national at the time? Is he still considered an Italian national?

2 hours ago, designguy said:

This is a little bit confusing. So your son was an Italian national when he entered the US in 2004. Was he also an Argentinian national at the time? Is he still considered an Italian national?

Correct. He was born in Argentina and lived there until moving to the US at age 5. Got his Italian citizenship at age 4 - entered US as Italian national (with his Italian Passport and visa waiver).

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
4 hours ago, mrfer said:

Correct. He was born in Argentina and lived there until moving to the US at age 5. Got his Italian citizenship at age 4 - entered US as Italian national (with his Italian Passport and visa waiver).

So he will need to indicate he nationality of both countries. I don't think it matter which one you list first. Only that you list both. Are you filing an F2B?

1 minute ago, designguy said:

So he will need to indicate he nationality of both countries. I don't think it matter which one you list first. Only that you list both. Are you filing an F2B?

Yes, i just checked and it asked for both passports which gives me a lot of relief.

Thanks for your help. Yes, he's an F22.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.