Aimee Ringor

K1 Visa on 221 g AP no Docs requested passport was returned

26 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My Fiancee had his interview on July 25, 2019,after his interview passport was return to him and  he was given a white paper with a check  on the box  that says " Your visa application is refused for administrative processing, you will be informed when processing is complete. Emailed USEM Manila to follow up no straight answer from them, I also request for help from our state senator, got an email saying they will take a look at our case.  Does anyone here has the same situation? Please help!!! Thank you.

FYI..Last update on our case: was Aug 14th still AP.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Aimee Ringor said:

My Fiancee had his interview on July 25, 2019,after his interview passport was return to him and  he was given a white paper with a check  on the box  that says " Your visa application is refused for administrative processing, you will be informed when processing is complete. Emailed USEM Manila to follow up no straight answer from them, I also request for help from our state senator, got an email saying they will take a look at our case.  Does anyone here has the same situation? Please help!!! Thank you.

Don't get too stressed on this .. yet.      I have seen this a number of times from other countries, it now appears that USEM is doing the same.    Give the embassy some time .. ya I am saying .. patience.

Your senator isn't going to get very far with th embassy .. so don't be surprised if you hear the same from your senator as you  heard when you contacted the embassy.

Just be patient

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

14 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Don't get too stressed on this .. yet.      I have seen this a number of times from other countries, it now appears that USEM is doing the same.    Give the embassy some time .. ya I am saying .. patience.

Your senator isn't going to get very far with th embassy .. so don't be surprised if you hear the same from your senator as you  heard when you contacted the embassy.

Just be patient

Hi Hank, what are the usual reasons, as far as you know, for this? Is it red flags from the case, travel/work in the Middle East?

14 hours ago, Aimee Ringor said:

How did his interview go if it's okay to ask? Is there any reasons, like red flags, that could've caused this? All the best!

Timeline
1 minute ago, TXBill said:

Hi Hank, what are the usual reasons, as far as you know, for this? Is it red flags from the case, travel/work in the Middle East?

How did his interview go if it's okay to ask? Is there any reasons, like red flags, that could've caused this? All the best!

There are no "usual reasons" for advanced AP .. it can vary widely from applicant to applicant.  Majority of applicants do not deal with this, but it happens .. obviously.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

1 minute ago, Hank_ said:

There are no "usual reasons" for advanced AP .. it can vary widely from applicant to applicant.  Majority of applicants do not deal with this, but it happens .. obviously.

Got it. Why did they use the word "refused"? Would they have to reapply for the K1? Do a second interview? Or would they just be called back when AP is done to bring in the passport? 

Timeline
1 minute ago, TXBill said:

Got it. Why did they use the word "refused"? Would they have to reapply for the K1? Do a second interview? Or would they just be called back when AP is done to bring in the passport? 

No they do not have to reapply, they just need to be patient and let the embassy complete the Administrative Processing.

They use the word "refused" because for the moment that is what their status is  by law.   No different than getting a 221g for missing documents, until the required documents as listed in the 221g are received and approved the visa is refused .. once things are all good again refused is removed from status.

Hearing the CO say "Approved" during the interview is not really approved ... that doesn't happen until later after AP is completed.  Yes everyone has their moment in time for AP .. for some it is a very short time, for others - not so short.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 minute ago, Hank_ said:

They use the word "refused" because for the moment that is what their status is  by law.   No different than getting a 221g for missing documents, until the required documents as listed in the 221g are received and approved the visa is refused .. once things are all good again refused is removed from status.

Exactly!!!!!   My wife's case status was changed to "Refused" after the interview due to the lack of an  official divorce certificate........it changed to "Issued" 2 after she submitted the missing document.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
5 hours ago, TXBill said:

Interview went well, im not sure if the my previous petition for  my ex husband consider a redflag we were together for 14 yrs with 2 kids 

On 8/22/2019 at 12:55 PM, Aimee Ringor said:

Interview went well, im not sure if the my previous petition for  my ex husband consider a redflag we were together for 14 yrs with 2 kids 

Hi, I’m actually going through the same thing. My husband went for interview but the CO handed him a white paper and requested pictures of me with my ex with our child. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Aimee Ringor said:

Got an update on CEAC today now the status   says Refused is this mean visa application is denied?

Lately I have seen the embassy using refused with Administrative Processing much more often ...  just have to wait for them to finish their process.    This is a test of patience for now

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

UPDATE:::: 

Today I receive an email from US Embassy Manila stating that my K1 visa petition will be returned to USCIS for review. Is it worth my time to request a consular supervisor review ? and how do I file for this said request, is there a form to fill up?

Timeline
2 hours ago, Aimee Ringor said:

Today I receive an email from US Embassy Manila stating that my K1 visa petition will be returned to USCIS for review. Is it worth my time to request a consular supervisor review ? and how do I file for this said request, is there a form to fill up?

Not sure how you would request a consular review, start by emailing the embassy .. don't know of any form.

Did they give any reason for the denial?

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 hours ago, Aimee Ringor said:

An email is what I did 

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.