pinano

Showing ties to home country with pending IR1 petition

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I'm the beneficiary of an IR-1 petition that is waiting for a case number at the NVC.

My wife and two kids (all USC) live in Brazil with me, and we will all travel together. We have a good travel history, going to the US 2x a year, having never overstayed. I'm traveling on a B1/B2.

We're visiting the US in a couple of weeks for a stay of 3 weeks, and I'm trying to gather as much proof of current ties to Brazil as I can.

We're attending two weddings, and have the invitations for both, to explain the length of stay. 

We have a roundtrip flight booked since January.

I thought I would come prepared with:

- Current title of car in my name, which will be parked at the airport in Brazill;

- Letter from real estate company stating our lease is still ongoing;

- Letter from school of one child stating she's enrolled and has paid tuition for the entire academic year (ends December);

- Letter from my advisor that he expects me back at certain date (I'm a PhD student). 

Does this sound like enough? And more importantly, except for letter from advisor, all documents are in Portuguese. Should I have them translated before traveling?

Thanks a lot! 😄

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 minutes ago, pinano said:

I'm the beneficiary of an IR-1 petition that is waiting for a case number at the NVC.

My wife and two kids (all USC) live in Brazil with me, and we will all travel together. We have a good travel history, going to the US 2x a year, having never overstayed. I'm traveling on a B1/B2.

We're visiting the US in a couple of weeks for a stay of 3 weeks, and I'm trying to gather as much proof of current ties to Brazil as I can.

We're attending two weddings, and have the invitations for both, to explain the length of stay. 

- Current title of car in my name, which will be parked at the airport in Brazill;

- Letter from school of one child stating she's enrolled and has paid tuition for the entire academic year (ends December);

- Letter from my advisor that he expects me back at certain date (I'm a PhD student). 

Does this sound like enough? And more importantly, except for letter from advisor, all documents are in Portuguese. Should I have them translated before traveling?

Thanks a lot! 😄

Hi there. Is your wife the petitioner? Is she a US citizen or Permanent resident?

Any document that you need to present needs to have the transaction. 

I think you have enough proofs. 

Good luck 🍀

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
23 minutes ago, pinano said:

Can you clarify if you are applying for the B1/B2 or you are already in possession of a valid B1/B2?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
23 minutes ago, pinano said:

Thanks a lot! 😄

With that evidence, If I were the CBP officer at the border, I would allow you to enter the US.......😁  Good luck!!!!!!

Just now, designguy said:

Can you clarify if you are applying for the B1/B2 or you are already in possession of a valid B1/B2?

My understanding is the OP already has a B2......

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
33 minutes ago, JulianaSteve said:

Hi there. Is your wife the petitioner? Is she a US citizen or Permanent resident?

Yup, wife is the US citizen petitioner.

17 minutes ago, designguy said:

I do have a B1/B2 valid for a few more years.

17 minutes ago, missileman said:

With that evidence, If I were the CBP officer at the border, I would allow you to enter the US.......😁  Good luck!!!!!!

My understanding is the OP already has a B2......

That's good to hear, thanks! But docs do need to be translated, right?

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
1 minute ago, pinano said:

Yup, wife is the US citizen petitioner.

I do have a B1/B2 valid for a few more years.

Chances are the border agent won't be able to speak Portuguese so it would definitely be useful to have a translation handy. Can't hurt

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
4 minutes ago, pinano said:

Yes.....

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.