Hawksquill

I-751 September 2019 filers (merged)

848 posts in this topic

32 minutes ago, Waiting4Godot said:

I'm in the same boat as you. At least a dozen cases with same PD as mine were approved in the last couple of days. The only change I noticed about my case along with so many others that didn't get approved is the Soft Last Updated but no change in case status.

Question: Were you interviewed for AOS

Soft update is 90% transfer to local office as like all others that got approved. Includih me. New orleans is my office.

On myaccount.uscis.gov you can see what soft update was

SRC1990566158 was approved May 7th.

PD is Sept 23rd same as mine

fingerprints 9 days after mine

Transferred to local office May 1st same as mine

I really have high hopes now. Every day I expect some new update, it was easier when I was expecting that will move forward around October-January.

They are really approving a lot of September cases. I just would like to know is there anything that is similar to these cases, lik if they are based on job, or if marriage if they have kids etc.

first when I saw that was transferred to local office I thought that most of them will be 2nd interview, but looks like thats not the case.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

52 minutes ago, AzoTBG said:

I really have high hopes now. Every day I expect some new update, it was easier when I was expecting that will move forward around October-January.

They are really approving a lot of September cases. I just would like to know is there anything that is similar to these cases, lik if they are based on job, or if marriage if they have kids etc.

first when I saw that was transferred to local office I thought that most of them will be 2nd interview, but looks like thats not the case.

Please see my post from previous page quoted below. At this stage it is random. But the good thing is they are approving a lot of cases. So I am sure your turn will come up soon.

19 hours ago, tu2008 said:

It seems USCIS transferred a boatload of cases from Texas Service Center (SRC) to local field offices as those officers did not have AoS or Naturalization interviews and were twiddling their thumbs. I found cases filed up to December 6th, 2019 were moved. Someone who filed on Dec 6th got their case moved to field office at the end of April and were approved few days ago. For example, SRC2090086773.

With the massive May 7th fingerprint review complete update, they may move additional cases.

When such massive redistribution of cases happens, there is going to be no rhyme or reason or order of approval for next few months. It is very unfair to those who filed earlier. But such is the reality that at least USCIS is trying to be a bit more efficient.  I am thankful for that. Probably, after June 4 opening AoS and Naturalization cases will take priority and RoC approvals may slow down.

3 hours ago, AzoTBG said:

Do you know which local office it was transferred to? My status did not change to say it was transfered anywhere apart from a suft update. Many who submitted on 9/9/2020 got approved but not me. I now believe it depends on the local office. Maybe if all those who got approved can state their local office we can draw a somewhat conclusion of what's going on

19 minutes ago, Waiting4Godot said:

Do you know which local office it was transferred to? My status did not change to say it was transfered anywhere apart from a suft update. Many who submitted on 9/9/2020 got approved but not me. I now believe it depends on the local office. Maybe if all those who got approved can state their local office we can draw a somewhat conclusion of what's going on

I wish to know that myself, hopefully will find someone from New Orleans

7 hours ago, Waiting4Godot said:

Soft updates don't reflect on the status change. I have no idea what it was. Soft update is internal. Most cases I checked had a soft update in the first week of May

How do you know if you had a soft update then? 

7 hours ago, Waiting4Godot said:

What if my case never got transferred to any office :(? I just assume I am not going to get approved faster? Ugh why wasnt mine trasnferred..Im a divorce waiver

1 hour ago, PolarPear said:

What if my case never got transferred to any office :(? I just assume I am not going to get approved faster? Ugh why wasnt mine trasnferred..Im a divorce waiver

One thing for sure with uscis is that you can't assume anything. Divorce waiver will not expedite or slow down the adjudication of your case. A few applicants with divorce waiver got their approvals and I think some of them are August and September 2019 filers

3 hours ago, Waiting4Godot said:

It says nothing apart from we received your case

same for me

20 hours ago, Waiting4Godot said:

One thing for sure with uscis is that you can't assume anything. Divorce waiver will not expedite or slow down the adjudication of your case. A few applicants with divorce waiver got their approvals and I think some of them are August and September 2019 filers

really? i only saw nov 2018 divorce waiver approved recently. where did you see this?

Edited by PolarPear

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.