ramzis51

Nebraska Svc. Center Filers

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Yes fwaguy! The NSC sends the packages to CSC, but the OP is just trying to compare his timeline to other filers of the NSC, nothing wrong about that!

ramzis55, you can also do search other couple's timelines, where it says "Immigration Timeliness", so you can see how other Nebraska filers have been doing. Click here: K-1 Visa Timelines /Nebraska Service Center Hope you find this helpful:)

I feel your frustration checking every day your bank account, and seeing that your check has not been cashed :( Since mid April, NOA1's for NSC filers have been taking a little longer. We waited for ours for 34 very long days!

Hang in there! Hopefully you'll get yours soon!!!

Agreed, I think maybe the OP has heard the rumor that NSC and TSC people get approved a little faster, despite the fact that their petitions are forwarded to CSC. I'm curious as to whether it's true myself.

Not true. CSC is slow and becoming even slower as more Service Centers are forwarding their I-129F Alien Fiancee Petitions there for processing. It appears the only Service Center not currently forwarding all or part of their I-129F Petitions to CSC is the Vermont Service Center (VSC) which accounts for VSC's much faster processing times.

You're partially correct Buck. They have been forwarded from Texas and Nebraska since spring of 2006. There was some thought that it was originally just a "temporary" fix, but who knows. I guess on one hand if it was going to be a permanent change they would have made the mailing address change on the "new" forms when they were released in February, but they didn't.

The other issue is that the VJ timelines are still being tracked by service center. There is a difference in processing times between CSC/TSC/NSC as shown when you look at them. I know that there has been some thought that perhaps the NSC/TSC petitons may (and I say may) be getting processed by specific groups at CSC. In other words the forwarded petitions are being processed seperately from the CSC petitons. This would account with the disparity in the timelines. I would encourage ANYONE who has filed at TSC/NSC to keep that service center listed as their service center rather than change it to CSC for that reason. It will provide a more accurate reflection of the processing times if that is indeed the case.

Nice to see your posts Eric_and_Teresa and the rest of you. Thanks for the info. Here is another item for the rumor mill. A few couples (probably very few) are getting their NOA2's processed very quickly. According to our immigration attorney there is a rumor circulating among them that a few petitions are being pulled randomly from the middle of the pile by senior CSC processing agents in order to train new processing agents. Our immigration attorney has seen NOA2's issued in as little 2 or 3 weeks albeit he has only seen this happen a handful of times........ maybe 3 or 4 times for every 100 petitions or so in his case load. Of course, we fervently hope to be one of the "lucky ones" chosen to have our petitions pulled for training purposes.... but this probably a very slim hope...haha.

RUS.GIFNatalia & BuckUS1.GIF

May 02, 2007 - Petition Mailed to Nebraska Service Center (and then transferred to California Service Center)

May 29, 2007 - NOA1: K1

Sep 19, 2007 - NOA2: K1

Nov 02, 2007 - NVC Received Petition from CSC

Dec 13, 2007 - NVC Processing Completed; Petition forwarded to Moscow Consulate

Mar 03, 2008 - Moscow Interview Date: VISA APPROVED

Mar 06, 2008 - VISA's received in Omsk

Mar 24, 2008 - USA Arrival; HALLELUJAH !!!!

May 31, 2008 - MARRIED

Jun 17, 2008 - AOS, EAD, AP Filed - Natalia & Artem (17 yr-old son)

Jun 23, 2008 - NOA1: AOS, EAD, AP - Natalia & Artem

July 15, 2008 - Biometrics: AOS, EAD - Natalia & Artem

DISCLAIMER: ALL VIEWS EXPRESSED BY US ARE NOT INTENDED AS LEGAL ADVICE NOR DO THEY ESTABLISH AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.