homesick_american

We exchanged!

24 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I'm panicking now.

I'm going to book the removal people today, already talked to AirPets about moving our cats.

Now we're having to give away a bunch of stuff; I think we need to hire a skip but my husband doesn't think so. Ha, ha, ha.

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

I'm panicking now.

I'm going to book the removal people today, already talked to AirPets about moving our cats.

Now we're having to give away a bunch of stuff; I think we need to hire a skip but my husband doesn't think so. Ha, ha, ha.

Congrats! Must be a huge relief, but I hear you on the panic, too!

Our Visa Journey

2/13 - I-129F sent to TSC

7/31 - K1 - APPROVED

8/5 - POE @ Dallas/Ft. Worth

8/11 - Wedding!!

10/15 - received Greencard

Got 10-year Greencard

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
I'm panicking now.

We had three weeks to arrange our move much like you. In the end it all went smoothly but that didn't stop us panicking about everything.

You need the skip. I ended up making about 12 trips to the local council rubbish tip. A skip makes it a lot easier and a lot less time consuming.

Good luck with the move.

What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship

2009-08-28 NOA

2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment

2009-12-01 Interview - Approved

2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

Thats good news!

I didn't have a house, so I can't imagine the stress of sorting that out but I do remember packing up my room in about 2 days, there was am empty spare room next to mine - not by the time I was done with it, filled high with black bin bags! :lol:

K-1 visa issued: 12/15/2006

107 days from mailing AOS package to receiving green card! Received 6/27/07 dated 6/20/07

Removing conditions:

mailed 5/22/2009

Recieved at CSC 5/23/2009

Check cashed 5/27/09

NOA date 5/26/09 - still not received

I-551 stamp in passport 6/19/09

Biometrics notice date 6/16/09

Biometrics received 6/20/09

Biometrics apt date 7/9/09

Biometrics cancellation notice 6/27/09

Biometrics apt notice date 6/26 recieved 7/7

Biometrics apt 7/22/09

Touch 7/22/09

Finally able to see online info 7/22/09

Card production email 8/19/09 date ordered 8/18

Recieved approval letter in mail 8/19/09 date 8/13!

Touch 8/19

Email stating approval notice sent 8/24/09

Green card in hand!! 8/24/09

Husband joined army and moved from San Diego to Ft. Benning GA! 8/30/11

Filed N400 based on 5 years of residency 9/12/12

Recieved email notifcation recieved package 9/19/12

Biometrics 10/22/12

Early Biometrics 10/04/12

In line for interview 10/8/12 for 8 days

Interview 11/20/12 PASSED!

Hey, congrats! You'll do just fine, just remember to have about a gazillion black bin liners ready for filling! :thumbs:

BTW -- who are you using for the move? I've been googling round the UK forum (and more widely in regular ol' Google) for suggestions.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Hey, congrats! You'll do just fine, just remember to have about a gazillion black bin liners ready for filling! :thumbs:

BTW -- who are you using for the move? I've been googling round the UK forum (and more widely in regular ol' Google) for suggestions.

Probably Excess Baggage; they came recommended from others here.

Hmmmm...I was thinking about using them too after reading the recommendations. Can you let us know how it goes with them (if you have any time at all after the move!), especially cost?

Actually, just thinking that if you send them on the slow boat you probably won't get the boxes until after I've moved... wow. :huh: Just realised how soon we're leaving (assuming it all goes right).

Great news, congrats!!

I know whenever i moved, i was amazed by the amount of junk i had managed to accumulate :lol:

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

Great news, congrats!!

I know whenever i moved, i was amazed by the amount of junk i had managed to accumulate :lol:

We're giving it away by the truckload and haven't even made a dent. :lol:

Hmmmm...I was thinking about using them too after reading the recommendations. Can you let us know how it goes with them (if you have any time at all after the move!), especially cost?

Actually, just thinking that if you send them on the slow boat you probably won't get the boxes until after I've moved... wow. :huh: Just realised how soon we're leaving (assuming it all goes right).

Sure, no prob.

Congrats, HA...how exciting!

We sold our house last year when we were both not realistic about our personal responsibilities which would prevent us from filing until this year But it worked out great because strangely enough, the new owner asked D to stay on rent free until his daughter moved in.

That was April-May of 06. Supposed to be until at most Dec. He's still there now, lol.

They have a lease with 30 day notice, and I'm sure it'll be the rush rush situation when it does happen, so let me know if you have any interesting/time saving tips when you're done.

Best of luck! (L)

Edited by LisaD

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My boxes from excess baggage took 6 weeks. They quoted me ten weeks but they were here much sooner.

Edit: 14 boxes (differing sizes)=roughly 600 quid.

Edited by mags

My boxes from excess baggage took 6 weeks. They quoted me ten weeks but they were here much sooner.

Edit: 14 boxes (differing sizes)=roughly 600 quid.

Wow! 14 boxes was £600? That is my proposed budget for the shipping, and I think we're gonna have a whole lot less than that. We need to go with someone who does volumetric shipping as opposed to by weight, as we are shipping some very heavy vintage hi-fi (guess whose stuff that is?). My stuff is just a bunch of clothes and CDs -- I junked about half my stuff when I split from my ex, and I insisted he kept all the furniture. Very prescient on my part! :lol:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I'm panicking now.

Awesome news! I agree with definitely hiring a skip. Just moving myself and friends out of apartments or 2 bedroom houses there's always a ton of stuff to throw out so I can only imagine what a bigger house would entail. I hope all the packing and shipping goes well :)

Andy chose Allied-Pickford for his shipping. They picked up everything on May 1st and they're slated to deliver June 15th. So I can't say yet whether they deliver on time, but they were very fairly priced and took great care packing everything up [Andy had brought it all down two flights of stairs into the front room since they would have charged extra if they had to climb stairs but I think most all are like that].

MY TIMELINE:

MAY 2004: Met Online

NOV 2004: Andy's 1st stay with me in Florida, 3 weeks.

FEB/MAR 2005: Andy's 2nd stay with me in Florida, 1 month

APR/MAY 2005: Andy's 3rd stay with me in Florida, 1 month

OCT 2005-FEB 2006: I stay with Andy in England, 4 1/2 months

* I Proposed on Christmas 2005 & YES!*

MAY-AUG 2006: I stay with Andy in England, 3 1/2 months

AUG 2006: Andy's 4th stay with me in Florida, 3 weeks.

NOV 2006-JAN 2007: Andy's 5th stay with me in Florida, 1 3/4 months

09/05/06: I-129F Packet Sent!!

09/21/06: NOA1 Received.

12/07/06: NOA2 RECEIVED!!! W00t!!!

03/02/07: Sent off final Packet 3 checklist

03/20/07: Received Packet 4 Letter!!!!

INTERVIEW DATE: 04/19/07!!!!

04/19/07 - INTERVIEW SUCCESS! APPROVED!!

04/26/07 - Passport w/ visa arrives via courier

Delta Flight arriving with fiance on 05/04/07!!!

05/04/07 - Home at last!!! w0000000t!!

06/01/07 - Our 'first' wedding at the county clerk's office.

09/19/08 - Andy walked out. That total dumb-a$$.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.