TBoneTX

All Nebraska I-130 Filers -- Part 5

2,978 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, ohcoffeeeyes said:

When I first sent my i-130 off in August 2019, NSC was still processing August 2018 cases, theyre processing March 2019 cases now. The long wait is soon to pay off!

how you know theyre processing March 2019 ? 

3 minutes ago, mrsasmaolarte said:

how you know theyre processing March 2019 ? 

Click processing times at the top.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
2 hours ago, Adrisantoos said:

Hi guys! This is my first post here but i have been following the topics for a while now, just never had the guts to post anything 😅

Me and my husband we were struggling after we got married thinking what was the best option of visa process for us. We got married in July in West Palm Beach, FL and were thinking about AOS but I got scared that i wasn't going to be able to help financially while waiting the process to move forward and reading a lot of mixed information about marriage fraud alert on AOS processes, so we end choosing to do the entire process being away thinking it would be less risky and also trying our best to save as much money we can during this time apart. 
Our I130 noa1 is September and in Nebraska, the slowest of them all, this makes me question if we made the right decision by not doing the AOS
My question for you guys is there any option of after Nebraska receive our case, can I go to the USA and filled the AOS form? I dont even know if that makes sense to all experts we have in here, but we are just trying to figure out what options we have aside from sitting waiting and crying hahaha

Luck to us all 

No, you cannot enter the US on a visitor visa or an ESTA with intent to adjust status, since that is visa fraud in violation of your visitor visa. Doing so can result in a lifetime ban from the US if you are discovered to have committed visa fraud (and they do look at these forums so they can and will find out), not worth it at all to risk never coming to the US by doing so. You can't come on a non-immigrant visa with intent to immigrate on it

Edited by LilyJ

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~One post removed for TOS Violation -Condone or instruct, either directly or indirectly, others on how to commit fraudulent or illegal immigration activities in any way, shape, manner or method. The OP is not in the US that ship has sailed.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

2 hours ago, Enek and Alrock said:

That's awful, 400 days?! I hope you hear from them soon.. 

Got a reply from USCIS: "Currently, the NSC is processing most cases of this type within approximately 16 months from the Form I-130 receipt date."

We're not too far behind in terms of waiting. Been 355 days now since Mar 1, 2019.

1 hour ago, Lingzy12 said:

Got a reply from USCIS: "Currently, the NSC is processing most cases of this type within approximately 16 months from the Form I-130 receipt date."

We're not too far behind in terms of waiting. Been 355 days now since Mar 1, 2019.

I just really hope Nebraska speeds it up!!

18 hours ago, LilyJ said:

No, you cannot enter the US on a visitor visa or an ESTA with intent to adjust status, since that is visa fraud in violation of your visitor visa. Doing so can result in a lifetime ban from the US if you are discovered to have committed visa fraud (and they do look at these forums so they can and will find out), not worth it at all to risk never coming to the US by doing so. You can't come on a non-immigrant visa with intent to immigrate on it

Thank you! Yeah that does makes sense but it was a doubt in my mind.

i have no hopes in having everything done before 2021 and its very frustrating this long waiting times

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.