TBoneTX

All Nebraska I-130 Filers -- Part 5

2,978 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
6 minutes ago, mrsasmaolarte said:

is it necessary to file I-129 in the country you were married or it's doesn't matter ? 

This petition is for fiancee. The I-129f is k-3 and filed if you are already married. It is not helping any more to file this that I know of. 

8 minutes ago, Patricia Owuh said:

This petition is for fiancee. The I-129f is k-3 and filed if you are already married. It is not helping any more to file this that I know of. 

why it is not helping ? and you can file I-129F anywhere  is not necessary The  same country you were married ? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
37 minutes ago, mrsasmaolarte said:

why it is not helping ? and you can file I-129F anywhere  is not necessary The  same country you were married ? 

Because people were filing I-129Fs in order to have their I-130s approved sooner.  That trick worked for a while only at Nebraska, but I have seen no evidence that filing (the I-129F) still works.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

27 minutes ago, missileman said:

Because people were filing I-129Fs in order to have their I-130s approved sooner.  That trick worked for a while only at Nebraska, but I have seen no evidence that filing (the I-129F) still works.

ah ! thank you so  much 🙂

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 hours ago, missileman said:

We’ll find out if it works in the next 2 months or so. Based on the 129 processing times, it’s still a lot fast than 130. 

My priority date is Sept 26, 2018

Submitted docs to NVC: Nov 27 2019

Accepted docs by NVC: January 28 2020 (except for my marriage certificate which I had to resubmit on January 29 right the next day because they needed the translation also)

Now waiting to be DQ’d.... feels like the longest wait ever :(

11 hours ago, Arshia said:

My priority date is Sept 26, 2018

Submitted docs to NVC: Nov 27 2019

Accepted docs by NVC: January 28 2020 (except for my marriage certificate which I had to resubmit on January 29 right the next day because they needed the translation also)

Now waiting to be DQ’d.... feels like the longest wait ever :(

It all depends on your own country when the interview can be scheduled. Good luck!

Feb 14 2019: Send I-130(a)
Feb 19 2019: Delivered

Feb 21 2019: Received NOA1 assigned to Nebraska Service Center

Oct 2 2019: Send I-129F

Oct 7th 2019: Delivered

Oct: 11th 2019: Received NOA1

March 30th 2020: I-130 Approved 

April 13th 2020: Case received by the NVC

May 1st 2020: NVC Welcome email received

May 1st 2020: Paid Bills, processed on May 5th 2020

May 15th 2020: First initial submission

May 26th 2020: Final submission

June 1st 2020: DQ NVC

Waiting for interview letter..

Timeline
17 hours ago, BunyanP said:

We’ll find out if it works in the next 2 months or so. Based on the 129 processing times, it’s still a lot fast than 130. 

My I-129f was filed in Oct. 2019 and nothing so that's a lot longer than 2 months unfortunately. Good Luck!

Timeline
4 hours ago, Rosie91 said:

It all depends on your own country when the interview can be scheduled. Good luck!

Best of luck!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, Patricia Owuh said:

My I-129f was filed in Oct. 2019 and nothing so that's a lot longer than 2 months unfortunately. Good Luck!

So I think the loophole was closed, and I look at the 129 processing times of 7.5-9.5 months vs the 130 of 11.5-16.5 I’m trying to remain hopeful that those that sent the 129s will have them denied and 130 adjudicated with the k3 timeframe. Of course, the other SC are processing faster than the K3 at Nebraska. 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.