TBoneTX

All Nebraska I-130 Filers -- Part 5

2,978 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Imachapyaa said:

My case was just approved!!!! All i got was an approval letter. 

what happens next?

Congratulations! You just got a letter in the mail with no online updates? PD? 

USCIS will send your case to NVC and you will need to wait to receive a case number from them. 

On 2/10/2020 at 4:26 PM, Patricia Owuh said:

Nothing is going to happen with this visa. They've had mine for 116 days and nothing. I can't even find where mine exists on Igor's list on visa journey. I'm wondering where it is. I mailed it to Texas and they sent it to Nebraska where my I-130 is. Guess they will adjudicate them together. Any idea why it's not showing up?

What is Igor‘s list? I read about it before but couldn‘t find it 🤷🏼‍♀️

Marriage: 03/16/2018 ❤️💍👱‍♀️🧑
Birth of our daughter: 11/24/2018 👶🥰

USCIS Stage

I-130 submitted: 10/01/2019 😃
I-130 USCIS Lockbox received: 10/03/2019 
I-130 NOA1 received: 10/08/2019 --> Assigned to Nebraska Service Center 😩
I-129F (K3) submitted: 11/01/2019 :idea:

I-129F (K3) USCIS Lockbox received: 11/06/2019 

I-129F (K3) NOA1 received: 11/14/2019 😃🙏🏻
I-130 approved: 05/21/2020 —> NOA2 came from Texas Service Center 🥳❤️

NVC Stage
Case Number received: 05/22/2020 —> via Email 😃
Paid IV and AOS fee: 05/23/2020
IV fee processed (AOS fee is stuck😭) 05/28/2020
Submitted IV application and civil documents: 06/02/2020
Submitted inquiry to NVC for AOS fee being "stuck" (known NVC system issue): 06/02/2020 --> Let the waiting begin - again.... 
AOS fee finally marked as payed: 06/10/2020 🥳

Does anyone know how long you have after the interview to get to the united states? I thought I read 1 year somewhere but I can’t find it now. 

since this is taking forever we are considering of taking another 1 year expat package. But I want to make sure that I don’t end up in the States and him in the UK 🤣

Nevermind, I found it.

“You must arrive in and apply for admission to the United States no later than the visa expiration date printed on your visa. An immigrant visa is usually valid for up to six months from the date of issuance unless your medical examination expires sooner, which may make your visa valid for less than six months.“

So after I have arrived, i could technically leave again, correct? It would be for about ~3 months that I would be leaving. It just seems that it would raise flags.. entering the US right before temporary visa expires, stay for 2-3 weeks and then leave again for 3 months 😕.

Permanent residents are free to travel outside the United States, and temporary or brief travel usually does not affect your permanent resident status. If it is determined, however, that you did not intend to make the United States your permanent home, you will be found to have abandoned your permanent resident status. A general guide used is whether you have been absent from the United States for more than a year. Abandonment may be found to occur in trips of less than a year where it is believed you did not intend to make the United States your permanent residence. While brief trips abroad generally are not problematic, the officer may consider criteria such as whether your intention was to visit abroad only temporarily, whether you maintained U.S. family and community ties, maintained U.S employment, filed U.S. income taxes as a resident, or otherwise established your intention to return to the United States as your permanent home. Other factors that may be considered include whether you maintained a U.S. mailing address, kept U.S. bank accounts and a valid U.S. driver’s license, own property or run a business in the United States, or any other evidence that supports the temporary nature of your absence.”

9 minutes ago, AarLar said:

Does anyone know how long you have after the interview to get to the united states? I thought I read 1 year somewhere but I can’t find it now. 

since this is taking forever we are considering of taking another 1 year expat package. But I want to make sure that I don’t end up in the States and him in the UK 🤣

Six months after your medical visit/interview.https://rapidvisa.com/spouse-visa-overview/

1 minute ago, AarLar said:

Nevermind, I found it.

“You must arrive in and apply for admission to the United States no later than the visa expiration date printed on your visa. An immigrant visa is usually valid for up to six months from the date of issuance unless your medical examination expires sooner, which may make your visa valid for less than six months.“

So after I have arrived, i could technically leave again, correct? It would be for about ~3 months that I would be leaving. It just seems that it would raise flags.. entering the US right before temporary visa expires, stay for 2-3 weeks and then leave again for 3 months 😕.

Permanent residents are free to travel outside the United States, and temporary or brief travel usually does not affect your permanent resident status. If it is determined, however, that you did not intend to make the United States your permanent home, you will be found to have abandoned your permanent resident status. A general guide used is whether you have been absent from the United States for more than a year. Abandonment may be found to occur in trips of less than a year where it is believed you did not intend to make the United States your permanent residence. While brief trips abroad generally are not problematic, the officer may consider criteria such as whether your intention was to visit abroad only temporarily, whether you maintained U.S. family and community ties, maintained U.S employment, filed U.S. income taxes as a resident, or otherwise established your intention to return to the United States as your permanent home. Other factors that may be considered include whether you maintained a U.S. mailing address, kept U.S. bank accounts and a valid U.S. driver’s license, own property or run a business in the United States, or any other evidence that supports the temporary nature of your absence.”

Sorry missed this post

Feb 14 2019: Send I-130(a)
Feb 19 2019: Delivered

Feb 21 2019: Received NOA1 assigned to Nebraska Service Center

Oct 2 2019: Send I-129F

Oct 7th 2019: Delivered

Oct: 11th 2019: Received NOA1

March 30th 2020: I-130 Approved 

April 13th 2020: Case received by the NVC

May 1st 2020: NVC Welcome email received

May 1st 2020: Paid Bills, processed on May 5th 2020

May 15th 2020: First initial submission

May 26th 2020: Final submission

June 1st 2020: DQ NVC

Waiting for interview letter..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
8 hours ago, AMS13 said:

UPDATE:

Looks like a good amount of processing still. I've noticed a lot more processing, especially approvals, happening these past 2 days.

Cases remaining so far:

22.70% in Jan.

51.30% in Feb.

77.91% in Mar.

March's processing speed is increasing rapidly :).

Please God, let them move faster! Thanks for the update!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
8 hours ago, AMS13 said:

UPDATE:

Looks like a good amount of processing still. I've noticed a lot more processing, especially approvals, happening these past 2 days.

Cases remaining so far:

22.70% in Jan.

51.30% in Feb.

77.91% in Mar.

March's processing speed is increasing rapidly :).

Are you saying that 22.7% of the cases received in January are still to be processed?

On 2/11/2020 at 1:44 AM, Iamtheyeti said:

Just found out that my I-130 was approved on the 7th of Februrary.

How long does it take for the nvc to receive it?

Just to confirm, we don't need a case # to request an expedite right?

It can take up to 90 days from approval. 

4 minutes ago, Iamtheyeti said:

I thought upto 90 days was to get a case number assigned. I was looking to send the letter to expedite once they receive my case.

Oh sorry i thought you ask abt the case number.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.