TBoneTX

All Nebraska I-130 Filers -- Part 5

2,978 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, LilyJ said:

1) The pilot program was around May-June, but the pilot program has ended, and now every filer since around June-August receives an IOE receipt. If you check one of the K3 threads I think there is a thread for IOE I130&I129f filers

2) As far as I know, I129f is paper only

Sorry but one more question if you don't mind - Do you mention your I-130 case number on I-129f when sending it after I-130 so both can be linked or does USCIS figure it out themselves?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
23 minutes ago, darth vader said:

Sorry but one more question if you don't mind - Do you mention your I-130 case number on I-129f when sending it after I-130 so both can be linked or does USCIS figure it out themselves?

You include a photocopy of your I130 NOA1 letter with your I130 package along with the other required documents (1 passport photo each of beneficiary & petitioner, photocopy of petitioner’s proof of US citizenship (eg birth certificate), and photocopy of marriage certificate)

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
On 11/26/2019 at 9:56 PM, Jo&Ro said:

Our NOA1 date is July 10 2018 and we are still stuck at NVC. Many many months ago my congressman requested a expedite and they agreed at the next step (that would be where we have been at NVC now since June something of this year and still waiting on them. My congressman has made several attempts to get them to move it along and even with them putting in writing that they would expedite he basically just gets a F you, we can do whatever we want as their answer. He is dumbfounded how bad this process is and how rude the USCIS and NVC employees are. Best of wishes that your congressman has better luck with them than mine has...🤞🙏

We got our NOA 2. Hope you will soon too!

NOA1 for I130 - Dec 10th, 2018

Filed for K3 July 8, 2019.

Expedited I130 September 8, 2019 still pending review

Expedited I129F September 28, 2019.

I129F expedite request was denied on October 1st, 2018. No change since. Still pending approval/denial

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
On 11/26/2019 at 12:33 PM, Zara Mustafa said:

Just fyi, we filed for an expedite last week. The last update we received on the expedite request was an email saying its under review on Friday. 
no update after that, but we got the dq email today instead. 
also made lots of calls to nvc. on the last call my husband was informed that our dq must be near and today it was here 😃!
not really sure if all of this helped or they just dq’ed us in the normal processing time, just sharing! 

Congratulations, how long took you got Email DQ,after you sent your documents. 

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

Anyone with May 2019 filing date for parents get approved from Nebraska? I’m on the thread for the May filers, people who were lucky to get assigned to other centers are already getting their NOA2.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
4 minutes ago, kwijibo123 said:

Anyone with May 2019 filing date for parents get approved from Nebraska? I’m on the thread for the May filers, people who were lucky to get assigned to other centers are already getting their NOA2.

Nebraska is the slowest service center and is taking 12-15.5 months right now. Unfortunately you may not hear anything for a while..

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

Thanks fo sharing. Super frustrated about the randomness of getting assigned to Nebraska .... But looks like I’ve lots of company on this thread .... 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
On 11/20/2019 at 2:52 AM, Andy & Val said:

We've seen people say this countless times and now it's our turn to say the magic word "APPROVED".
Went in 7:30 a.m and by 9:30 a.m I was on my way.
Asked to come collect passport tomorrow at 3pm.
All's well that ends well.
Keep the faith. Yours will go smoothly like ours.

Congratulations I'm happy for you. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, kwijibo123 said:

Thanks fo sharing. Super frustrated about the randomness of getting assigned to Nebraska .... But looks like I’ve lots of company on this thread .... 

We got Nebraska and it is absolutely frustrating. I have seen some people at Nebraska take only a few short months to go through this process while others are taking much longer. I don't understand how these people have very similar PD's and they get so lucky to have their case processed so quickly. 

Filed: Other Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline
18 hours ago, Patricia Owuh said:

We got Nebraska and it is absolutely frustrating. I have seen some people at Nebraska take only a few short months to go through this process while others are taking much longer. I don't understand how these people have very similar PD's and they get so lucky to have their case processed so quickly. 

Those people you are mentioning about taking only a few months to get approved are the ones who are spouses and applied K3/I-129F after their initial I-130 submission. This is a loophole and not available for parents. We, who applied for parents, unfortunately have to simply wait 12 months or more. On the other hand, who are spouses and got assigned to Nebraska are really lucky that this "I-129 shortcut" is helping them get approved even faster than any other SCs. So, if you applied for your spouse then you can take advantage of this too. But if you applied for parents then well welcome to the club :)

Timeline
1 hour ago, igrant said:

Those people you are mentioning about taking only a few months to get approved are the ones who are spouses and applied K3/I-129F after their initial I-130 submission. This is a loophole and not available for parents. We, who applied for parents, unfortunately have to simply wait 12 months or more. On the other hand, who are spouses and got assigned to Nebraska are really lucky that this "I-129 shortcut" is helping them get approved even faster than any other SCs. So, if you applied for your spouse then you can take advantage of this too. But if you applied for parents then well welcome to the club :)

I am one of those people that applied for my spouse and I applied for the I-129f also. Still heard nothing yet. They've had the I-130 for over 6 months now and the I-129f for 50 days and counting. I wish everyone luck no matter the petition!

12 hours ago, Patricia Owuh said:

I am one of those people that applied for my spouse and I applied for the I-129f also. Still heard nothing yet. They've had the I-130 for over 6 months now and the I-129f for 50 days and counting. I wish everyone luck no matter the petition!

Do you happen to have an IOE receipt number? It looks like it doesn't work with those.

I’ve created a special thread for this case and there are people who submitted their I-129F 140 days ago and haven’t heard anything yet 😔

Edited by B&C2017

Marriage: 03/16/2018 ❤️💍👱‍♀️🧑
Birth of our daughter: 11/24/2018 👶🥰

USCIS Stage

I-130 submitted: 10/01/2019 😃
I-130 USCIS Lockbox received: 10/03/2019 
I-130 NOA1 received: 10/08/2019 --> Assigned to Nebraska Service Center 😩
I-129F (K3) submitted: 11/01/2019 :idea:

I-129F (K3) USCIS Lockbox received: 11/06/2019 

I-129F (K3) NOA1 received: 11/14/2019 😃🙏🏻
I-130 approved: 05/21/2020 —> NOA2 came from Texas Service Center 🥳❤️

NVC Stage
Case Number received: 05/22/2020 —> via Email 😃
Paid IV and AOS fee: 05/23/2020
IV fee processed (AOS fee is stuck😭) 05/28/2020
Submitted IV application and civil documents: 06/02/2020
Submitted inquiry to NVC for AOS fee being "stuck" (known NVC system issue): 06/02/2020 --> Let the waiting begin - again.... 
AOS fee finally marked as payed: 06/10/2020 🥳

Timeline
14 minutes ago, B&C2017 said:

Do you happen to have an IOE receipt number? It looks like it doesn't work with those.

I’ve created a special thread for this case and there are people who submitted their I-129F 140 days ago and haven’t heard anything yet 😔

I do not have an IOE number. I have LIN #'s for both petitions. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.