TBoneTX

All Nebraska I-130 Filers -- Part 5

2,978 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

How can I speak to a real person when I call Nebraska?  There is no menu option to speak to someone.  I saw advice to call and press 1 for English and then press 2 over and over again, but that didn't work for me.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
21 minutes ago, bel044 said:

How can I speak to a real person when I call Nebraska?  There is no menu option to speak to someone.  I saw advice to call and press 1 for English and then press 2 over and over again, but that didn't work for me.

Figured it out.  I pressed 1 1 2 2 #.  Basically just follow all of the prompts to check your case status, but press the option that you don't have your receipt number and then they will connect you to a representative. 

The guy I talked to was nice and told me that my case was touched on Oct. 28, but couldn't tell me for what reason.  It gives me hope, but he did say that it was within normal processing times 😑 and that I should call back if I hadn't heard anything in 96 DAYS🤬.

Also Happy Halloween everyone!👻

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
3 hours ago, SaeedA said:

Did you get something from NVC? You signature says you're waiting for NVC received.

Haven’t gotten to update my signature yet, we got email from NVC just this morning with case number 😁

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
16 minutes ago, LilyJ said:

Haven’t gotten to update my signature yet, we got email from NVC just this morning with case number 😁

Congratulations 🎉. I missed the post where you posted the good news. Just saw it now.

Looking forward to updates from you. Your signature has been very helpful 😊.

Edited by SaeedA

Spoiler

Our IR1 Journey So Far:

USCIS Stage:

• Jan 19 2019: Sent I130 package
  • Jan 22 2019: Delivered
  • Feb 3 2019: I130 NOA1 (Priority Date: Jan 22, 2019)
  • Assigned to Nebraska Service Center ( 😶)
  • Sep 16 2019: I129f NOA1 PD
  • Oct 26 2019: I130 NOA2 (Notice date: Oct 21 2019)
  • Nov 04 2019: Sent to NVC

NVC Stage:

• Nov 7: Received by NVC 
  • Dec 7: NVC sent email containing CEAC login details (Case Number)
  • Dec 7: AOS and IV bill payed
  • Dec 10: NVC withdrew money from Account
  • Dec 12: AOS and IV bills show paid on CEAC
  • Dec 16: AOS and IV documents submitted to NVC
  • Waiting

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 hours ago, bel044 said:

call the contact center you will not be able to speak to someone directly in Nebraska push option 1 and then option 2 and then # sign just say you do not know your receipt number it and it will get to a rep 1800-375-5283

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
11 hours ago, LilyJ said:

It can take up to 3 days but you should still try to log in right away. I was able to log in immediately

Thank you! So excited! Almost there

I tried now open. Can I pay now for submit IV application & affidavit of support and financial evidence and upload them. Still my police certificate not ready can I do that later or should be all the same time? 

38 minutes ago, Kurdish said:

I tried now open. Can I pay now for submit IV application & affidavit of support and financial evidence and upload them. Still my police certificate not ready can I do that later or should be all the same time? 

Order of things: Pay, Then Fill DS-260, then Submit required documents and photographs . They won’t look at your files till all documents are submitted though.  Important: The Day the Last Item is submitted into their system is the Day  “Your File is Complete.” That  is if everything you submitted are those things required. Do not put things they don’t ask for. That date will be the New date to look out for when they update on case dates they are working on each Monday 

Edited by DesmondF.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, DesmondF. said:

Order of things: Pay, Then Fill DS-260, then Submit required documents and photographs . They won’t look at your files till all documents are submitted though.  Important: The Day the Last Item is submitted into their system is the Day  “Your File is Complete.” That  is if everything you submitted are those things required. Do not put things they don’t ask for. That date will be the New date to look out for when they update on case dates they are working on each Monday 

Thank you so much. Have one more question, do I upload as a file or each page separate? For example my tax return transcript are 7 pages. 

11 minutes ago, Kurdish said:

Thank you so much. Have one more question, do I upload as a file or each page separate? For example my tax return transcript are 7 pages. 

If you can scan and covert it to PDF or JPEG as one single file is best.  each item needed as individual files Affidavit of Support, IRS Tax transcript, Spouse Passport, Birth Certificate, Police Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Photos of you guys.  Try to combine multiple photos if you can. File limit  for each document asked is 2Mb. There is the option to upload additional  files of the same criteria  especially  if you cannot compress the file down to 2 mb or less then split it

Edited by DesmondF.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, DesmondF. said:

If you can scan and cover it to PDF or JPEG as one single file is best.  each item needed as individual files Affidavit of Support, Spouse Passport, Birth Certificate, Police Certificate, Marriage Certificate. Try to combine photos if you can. File limit  for each document asked is 2Mb. There are option upload additional  files of the same for example if you can compress the file down to 2 mb or less then split it

But if I put in one file will be more than 2 MB for sure. Like you said I have to compress the files down 2 mb 

10 minutes ago, Kurdish said:

But if I put in one file will be more than 2 MB for sure. Like you said I have to compress the files down 2 mb 

Each “individual file” submitted must be 2Mb or less for each item needed to upload as stated above. The files you will worry more about going over 2Mb will be the pictures depending on how many you plan to submit.Thus the splitting of the files.

9E779E94-CD60-4DEF-8C21-74BB057A088E.jpeg

Edited by DesmondF.

Timeline
19 minutes ago, DesmondF. said:

Each “individual file” submitted must be 2Mb or less for each item needed to upload as stated above. The files you will worry more about going over 2Mb will be the pictures depending on how many you plan to submit.Thus the splitting of the files.

9E779E94-CD60-4DEF-8C21-74BB057A088E.jpeg

What does original version mean for documents available online? Paperless W2s and transcripts from the IRS website being examples that come to mind.

Edited by SaeedA

Spoiler

Our IR1 Journey So Far:

USCIS Stage:

NVC Stage:

• Waiting

1 minute ago, SaeedA said:

What does original version mean for documents available online? Paperless W2s and transcripts from the IRS website being examples that come to mind.

I thought this meant,  if there’s an original eg birth certificate take those, plus printer versions of online obtain documents such as paperless w2’s that were uploaded.. 

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

Timeline
Just now, Duke & Marie said:

I thought this meant,  if there’s an original eg birth certificate take those, plus printer versions of online obtain documents such as paperless w2’s that were uploaded.. 

This brings up another interesting example. I used my passport as proof of citizenship. I'm not going to send that to Pakistan. If they need that or an original of that my birth certificate, I'll probably just have to fly out there :unsure: for here interview.

Spoiler

Our IR1 Journey So Far:

USCIS Stage:

NVC Stage:

• Waiting

5 minutes ago, SaeedA said:

This brings up another interesting example. I used my passport as proof of citizenship. I'm not going to send that to Pakistan. If they need that or an original of that my birth certificate, I'll probably just have to fly out there :unsure: for here interview.

Yeah, I don’t recommend posting your passport 😂 i think petitioner I.d is safe, surely they check that online as part of eligibility... possibly only specific to those of us at this end... although I do have my husbands birth certificate and divorce papers here to take with me

Edited by Duke & Marie

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.