TBoneTX

All Nebraska I-130 Filers -- Part 5

2,978 posts in this topic

I am not sure how the tax transcripts are over 2MB when I downloaded mine from the IRS they are 8KB to 10KB for each year. 

I use google drive to organize files and shared with my spouse for each step of the way.   

fXYAY62.png

DUaNA8x.png

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
28 minutes ago, Kurdish said:

You doesn't understand my question. My each documents is under 2 mb. But I want combine will be better like state of department want too. For example my tax return transcript is 7 pages if you put in one pdf is better right. 

As per NVC’s instructions, it is clearly mentioned that each file which you upload needs to be under 2MB. Whether combined or not. I would suggest you to follow NVC’s instructions as closely as you can even if doing something else makes more sense to you. 
tax transcript is a summary, its smaller in size i guess you are confusing it with the tax return document. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
22 minutes ago, LilyJ said:

If it is above 2MB when combined, then don’t combine it, it must be under 2MB combined or not

First I combine my documents in one pdf. Marriage certificate, birth certificate,.... Then I compressed to be under 2 mb. 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Zara Mustafa said:

As per NVC’s instructions, it is clearly mentioned that each file which you upload needs to be under 2MB. Whether combined or not. I would suggest you to follow NVC’s instructions as closely as you can even if doing something else makes more sense to you. 
tax transcript is a summary, its smaller in size i guess you are confusing it with the tax return document. 

Okay. If I combine and compress the files what is wrong with that. Even NVC want multifiles in one pdf. 

Timeline
21 minutes ago, JMPM said:

I am not sure how the tax transcripts are over 2MB when I downloaded mine from the IRS they are 8KB to 10KB for each year. 

I use google drive to organize files and shared with my spouse for each step of the way.   

fXYAY62.png

DUaNA8x.png

I know you are right. My wife scan from my country and send to me as jpg I just converted to pdf. 

Just now, Kurdish said:

Okay. If I combine and compress the files what is wrong with that. Even NVC want multifiles in one pdf. 

It's ok to do multipage documents, but you  might have too high quality scans going on. Check your settings. If you can download Adobe Acrobat to make PDFs there's all sorts of settings you can use to reduce the size of the files. It can scan directly from the program as well. 

if it's photos you can open them in Chrome, hit print, and print to pdf. It should dramatically reduce the file size as well without losing quality and it's in pdf. 

01/28/2019 - Mailed Express Mail USCIS Lockbox Phoenix

01/29/2019 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox
02/04/2019 - Receipt Notice Via Text Message assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, JMPM said:

It's ok to do multipage documents, but you  might have too high quality scans going on. Check your settings. If you can download Adobe Acrobat to make PDFs there's all sorts of settings you can use to reduce the size of the files. It can scan directly from the program as well. 

if it's photos you can open them in Chrome, hit print, and print to pdf. It should dramatically reduce the file size as well without losing quality and it's in pdf. 

I'm really confused now. In NVC website If you go to Immigration Visa Center wrote if the case number begin AKD, AMM, BGH, DMS, GZO. send documents to NVCelectronic@state.gov 

Timeline
1 minute ago, DesmondF. said:

Read your initial email from NVC about the process. It would say to Upload your files not mail it. 

Yes I'm just going by Email. Thank you so much 

A bit confused on the police certificate requirements...

My wife is from Portugal resided there until her early 20s, then she lived in the UAE for several years, and now has lived in London for three years.  

I’m trying to follow the matrix on the state department website for police certificates required but find it difficult to read. 

It seems to say she doesn’t need a “new” certificate for the UAE and one more than a year old will suffice as long as she didn’t return there since it last issuance.  

she has “returned” to the UAE but as a crew member for an airline.  It seems the implication on the state department was returned as a resident?  Otherwise, she would need a police certificate for literal every country she’s ever flown to which would be crazy.  

Clearly we need a police certificate for the UK, but a current one for Portugal (Where she visits frequently to see family) and the UAE are confusing me.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
1 hour ago, HabibiSurf said:

My wife is from Portugal resided there until her early 20s, then she lived in the UAE for several years, and now has lived in London for three years.  

I’m trying to follow the matrix on the state department website for police certificates required but find it difficult to read. 

It seems to say she doesn’t need a “new” certificate for the UAE and one more than a year old will suffice as long as she didn’t return there since it last issuance.  

she has “returned” to the UAE but as a crew member for an airline.  It seems the implication on the state department was returned as a resident?  Otherwise, she would need a police certificate for literal every country she’s ever flown to which would be crazy.  

Clearly we need a police certificate for the UK, but a current one for Portugal (Where she visits frequently to see family) and the UAE are confusing me.

The police certificates are needed only for countries in which she has resided for 12 months or more since age 16 so she definitely would not need one from every country she’s ever flown to. Not sure if she needs a new one for UAE but I wouldn’t think so, you could always ask on the main CR1 process forum to be sure though 

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

1 hour ago, HabibiSurf said:

She needs 3 in total, Portugal, UAE & UK...

the UK one has to be in current date, since she is currently residing the...  the other two only need to be renewed, if she’s returned to either of those countries since their issue.. 

she will not need one for other countries shes visited as she was not a resident but transient through those countries..

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

Anyone been approved for November 1 2018 filers??? Still haven’t heard anything but I mailed the I129f in on yesterday 😳 this is horrible for them to drag on like this....

I really don’t think sending in the I129f will make any difference since I filed last year🤔🤔🤔🤔Any thoughts on this?????

Edited by CamChad42

57 minutes ago, CamChad42 said:

Anyone been approved for November 1 2018 filers??? Still haven’t heard anything but I mailed the I129f in on yesterday 😳 this is horrible for them to drag on like this....

I really don’t think sending in the I129f will make any difference since I filed last year🤔🤔🤔🤔Any thoughts on this?????

I'm sorry to hear about the long wait! I'm an early December 2018 filer, and I also had an I129f application received in early September, but we haven't heard anything at all for our I130 or I129F. My feeling, for what it's worth, is that the I129f can expedite your case, but you have to factor in random things like who's desk your applications land on, etc. I feel like ours landed on the desk of someone who took a long vacation or entered the hospital after falling into a coma...or perhaps they're actually considering us for a K-3 visa (which would be fine). But if you filed in November, it seems like there's an excellent chance of you hearing good news very, very soon. Good luck!

1 hour ago, CamChad42 said:

Hey! I Cant answer your question about the nov filers. The k3 however never hurts to send in :). 
the timeline for nebraska is 12/15,5 months. So the wait for i-130 can be another 3 months, maybe you have some luck with the K3 and speed up the process within a 1,5 months. Hoping the best for you!

Feb 14 2019: Send I-130(a)
Feb 19 2019: Delivered

Feb 21 2019: Received NOA1 assigned to Nebraska Service Center

Oct 2 2019: Send I-129F

Oct 7th 2019: Delivered

Oct: 11th 2019: Received NOA1

March 30th 2020: I-130 Approved 

April 13th 2020: Case received by the NVC

May 1st 2020: NVC Welcome email received

May 1st 2020: Paid Bills, processed on May 5th 2020

May 15th 2020: First initial submission

May 26th 2020: Final submission

June 1st 2020: DQ NVC

Waiting for interview letter..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.