2,946 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, namastenyc said:

Hi ladies & gents, 

I wanted to update you that I got a response from my Congress person that my case has now been transferred to the NYC local field office. It falls within current processing times which ranges from 21 to 36 months. Currently there are no interview dates available. I wanted to add that as @Stillwinning!!!😊 said, you might not necessarily receive a case status from them in the form of a courtesy letter or a notification that your case has now been transferred to the local field office. Even I when checked my case status online, I don’t see any case update. Just a heads up, folks! 

This is meant to help you keep your expectations in check. The interview wait times might be a bit longer than expected. Let’s hope for the earliest possible response, though! 🤞

Thanks for the info!😊 but Arrrrrrrgggggghhhhh!!!😡😡😡😝😝 That's it! I'm relocating!!!🚶

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
9 hours ago, sandranj said:

Some people never received the blue letter then do not sweat.

I am completely in love with your Country (Pakistan) and planning soon to visit Skardu and Hunza Valley. Folks google about these two places I mentioned here,believe me  you will be in shock how beautiful it is. I visited 33 Countries  and hundreds of cities,  but I would say these two places are the most beautiful places on earth.

Respected Mrs. Sandra

lets hope I got my VAWA approved and I will arrange a trip for you free of cost all the expenses from ticket till boarding etc is on me.

no doubt skurdu and hunza is very beautiful specially the shandor polo tournament is the best event.

28 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

😂😂😂😂 My darling!!!💚💜 Word on the streets..is NYC is taking long..so you could go right ahead..I'll meet up with you sweety!!❤❤❤ we can do Vegas together though..😘😘

Okay vegas it is...

2 hours ago, Braveheart123 said:

Respected Mrs. Sandra

lets hope I got my VAWA approved and I will arrange a trip for you free of cost all the expenses from ticket till boarding etc is on me.

no doubt skurdu and hunza is very beautiful specially the shandor polo tournament is the best event.

How nice! God has heard your supplications! 🙏 you will be approved! Mark these words!

2 hours ago, NICOLA2017 said:

Okay vegas it is...

👍😊

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
Just now, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

How nice! God has heard your supplications! 🙏 you will be approved! Mark these words!

👍😊

Inshallah 

To all who are waiting for the interview especially New York ... this too shall end ... and soon you all will be jetsetting .... this forum has made me want happiness for everyone as I know the pain we all share ...

just a little hump on the road ... prayers for everyone .... soon all of you will be posting about the interview and success ...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
5 hours ago, Braveheart123 said:

The one very important probe about the citizen ship is the voter registration please open the state registration web site and get the data which is very easily accessible and thus will be the proof of citizen ship as well

Can you explain more on this please. Thank you 

7 minutes ago, Screecher said:

To all who are waiting for the interview especially New York ... this too shall end ... and soon you all will be jetsetting .... this forum has made me want happiness for everyone as I know the pain we all share ...

just a little hump on the road ... prayers for everyone .... soon all of you will be posting about the interview and success ...

Amen thanks!🙏😊

Filed: Other Country:
Timeline
9 hours ago, namastenyc said:

Keep your head up, dear. Hope for the best but think ahead and update your expectations in anticipation of long wait times in NYC. I feel your stress but remember to keep on renewing your EAD card way before the expiry date. 

Thank you will do 

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
14 hours ago, Villanelle said:

Guys, I was talking to someone and they were told by multiple attnys that if her pending 485/765 based on marriage is not held at the interview or ex withdraws she can not file another 485 until her 360 is approved.  Is that accurate?  Is this a misunderstanding of concurrent filing rules? 

This is not true .The person can refile l485 if the case was denied ,but I see people here filing new l485 while the previous l485 is still pending and this can cause confusion 

4 minutes ago, sandranj said:

This is not true .The person can refile l485 if the case was denied ,but I see people here filing new l485 while the previous l485 is still pending and this can cause confusion 

@sandranj they just sent me a letter stating that my I485 has been reopened. (The I130 still shows as denied online) can I renew my EAD now? The card itself expired in July 2019. Though I renewed in March 2019 and got the 180 days extension. Can I renew now and get a new card?

15 hours ago, Villanelle said:

Guys, I was talking to someone and they were told by multiple attnys that if her pending 485/765 based on marriage is not held at the interview or ex withdraws she can not file another 485 until her 360 is approved.  Is that accurate?  Is this a misunderstanding of concurrent filing rules? 

The lawyers information is not accurate, US citizen abuse spouse can file I-360 concurrently with I-485. if the previous marriage base I-485 is denied or withdrawn, If one petition is denied or withdrawn it was for reason regarding the specific petition. USCIS will not banned you from applying to a new benefit or petition that you qualified, can proof and is available for you. But of course  any denied petition have to be address if removal proceeding happens and even in the situation USCIS gives the opportunity to use waivers available to get relief not only for abuse victim but to all of other that qualifies.

The new I-485 file will be base now on the I-360. 

Here is the link for the concurrent filling of form I-485. 

https://www.uscis.gov/greencard/concurrent-filing-form-i-485 

Hope this help.... 

Timeline
35 minutes ago, Makanaki said:

@sandranj they just sent me a letter stating that my I485 has been reopened. (The I130 still shows as denied online) can I renew my EAD now? The card itself expired in July 2019. Though I renewed in March 2019 and got the 180 days extension. Can I renew now and get a new card?

Yes you can renew now.

Timeline
On 8/26/2019 at 2:49 PM, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

@Dordor1 you do not have to cut down your affidavit! Leave it at the 15 pages so you don't chop off salient details! As long as it's power packed, you're good!😊👍 you see what @HopeHope__ posted about hers been 19pages? It's all good! Y'all will be approved by HIS grace!🙏

Yes don’t cut down.It’s ok to submit an affidavit  with 10/20 pages .I got one affidavit a few weeks  ago  with 50 pages and I cut down to 27pages.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.