2,946 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Just now, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Yayyyyy! You go girl!👍🙌😁😁 happy for you! That's called determination!!!

Yes and am happy girl . I thank everyone for your words of encouragement. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I am curious about my online Account, ally applications looked approved under A601Waiver which I applied with my ex-abuser and it was approved on 1/31/2017.

So after all these time I got approval under waiver? I applied for Vawa on 5/25/2017.

I got confused, does anybody knows?...

37 minutes ago, Deserteagle said:

UPDATE ;

So, after the first court told me this afternoon that it was impossible to get my ex. Spouse birth records if we were divorced, I was not discouraged. Rather, I drove all the way to another City in the State and to a much bigger Civil Court and this time didn’t say anything about divorce and I was not asked either . I payed 23 dollars with my debit card and walked out with my ex’s birth records . 

Lesson learnt; Nothing is impossible in life especially for us Vawa applicants . 

Lesson i learn only respond to questions ask, To much information ruins everything. :)  

Timeline
3 minutes ago, FeDaniela said:

Lesson i learn only respond to questions ask, To much information ruins everything. :)  

Lmao 😂 you’re very right . I’ll learn to keep my big mouth SHUT 

8 minutes ago, FridayGirl@69 said:

I am curious about my online Account, ally applications looked approved under A601Waiver which I applied with my ex-abuser and it was approved on 1/31/2017.

So after all these time I got approval under waiver? I applied for Vawa on 5/25/2017.

Girl..you got your greencard!😏 from whence is this confusion emanating? You should be cruising halfway across the world by now! 🌴😊

5 minutes ago, FridayGirl@69 said:

An approved I601A waiver does not approved all the other petitions it just relief you for certain inadmissibility you had at the moment of applying.... every USCIS applications have their own process to be approved..... it could be just an online automatic information. 

Filed: Other Country: Kenya
Timeline
2 hours ago, bold said:

I haven't been traveling the world for 7 years now -  I used to travel the world but the USCIS got me 'locked' up with this process of not being able to leave the country. Any way,  I am heading out on a road trip with my brother  on a RV  to Canada next weekend. Then I am off to England, Ukraine and Scotland  and Nigeria in December....You gotta envy me now!!

I am very jelly!

Filed: Timeline

Guys, I was talking to someone and they were told by multiple attnys that if her pending 485/765 based on marriage is not held at the interview or ex withdraws she can not file another 485 until her 360 is approved.  Is that accurate?  Is this a misunderstanding of concurrent filing rules? 

3 minutes ago, Villanelle said:

Guys, I was talking to someone and they were told by multiple attnys that if her pending 485/765 based on marriage is not held at the interview or ex withdraws she can not file another 485 until her 360 is approved.  Is that accurate?  Is this a misunderstanding of concurrent filing rules? 

It would be nice to hear what Sandra thinks about it..the attorneys probably attended the same law school!💁 I understand that if the i485 is not held, then it will be denied and the person will be put in removal proceedings! But it is also true that you can file a new I485 alongside a pending i360 if your spouse is a USC! So it's probably a case of gross misunderstanding of concurrent rules!

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 8/25/2019 at 10:18 AM, dreamer1 said:

Good morning Family! 

Does anyone has experience on traveling domestically while Vawa is pending? 

I want to go visit my brother on the West coast and also scout career opportunities there this December (I graduate in an industry that has better opportunities on the west coast). 

My lawyers say it should not be a problem but I am nervous. 

My history/background

overstay

Marriage based EAD (C9) valid till march 2020

Vawa notice of action May 2019

RFE received 8/19

I have a valid passport from my country and state ID 

Can I safely Travel by air? anyone with similar background travelled domestically? please let me know your experience! 

There is a border patrol checkpoint  from San Diego to LA, but if you are travelling in this area and you are stopped just show your prima facie and they will know that you have a pending VAWA and you won't have any problem.

Timeline
On 8/25/2019 at 4:51 PM, Deserteagle said:

I just took my time reading denial notices from past members. From 2006 - 2013 and it’s scary. Because am about to send out my application this week. 

- Have anyone been denied lately ? 

- What would be the reasons for denial ? 

Am pretty new new here and it’s scary. 

My husband divorced me before I could divorce him, will that be a problem because the Citizen divorced first and had anyone here approved been divorced by their spouses who divorced them ? 

There is no problem because you are divorced,  if you did not divorced over two years ago.People are denied when they can prove abuse and a bonafide marriage,others did not know how to show a strong case and were denied.I got one case t the guy had his VAWA denied twice, and a few weeks ago he had his VAWA approved.

Just read from thread 9 to now and you will have a better idea how to handle your own case.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, sandranj said:

There is no problem because you are divorced,  if you did not divorced over two years ago.People are denied when they can prove abuse and a bonafide marriage,others did not know how to show a strong case and were denied.I got one case t the guy had his VAWA denied twice, and a few weeks ago he had his VAWA approved.

Just read from thread 9 to now and you will have a better idea how to handle your own case.

Noted. I’ll see what’s on thread 9 and educate myself more . I appreciate this . The guy who got denied twice and approved the third time . How did he get it the third time. ? 

Timeline
On 8/25/2019 at 10:34 PM, Braveheart123 said:

My prima facie letter says that the case is as such approve able and that the notice is valid for 1 year 

thereafter after 1 year I again received the letter stating that the second prima facie is for 6 months 

but no blue letter etc 

Some people never received the blue letter then do not sweat.

I am completely in love with your Country (Pakistan) and planning soon to visit Skardu and Hunza Valley. Folks google about these two places I mentioned here,believe me  you will be in shock how beautiful it is. I visited 33 Countries  and hundreds of cities,  but I would say these two places are the most beautiful places on earth.

Timeline
26 minutes ago, Deserteagle said:

Noted. I’ll see what’s on thread 9 and educate myself more . I appreciate this . The guy who got denied twice and approved the third time . How did he get it the third time. ? 

I was able to explain to USCIS his story of abuse and why he did not have documents showing a bonafide marriage, the way he wrote his story did not convince USCIS at all.

I got affidavits with just  3/5 pages and I  asked  the person  after reading  the affidavit  over 100 questions, and then I wrote the affidavit again,and instead 3/5 pages the affidavit had 15/20 pages, after I added  what the person told me.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.