2,946 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Yeah thanks hun😘😁 hope it's same with you..I got my CL in July..the date on it is July 17th..so when were you approved..and did you get any transfer notice or CL? If so when?

so... online say, your case was approved on May 23rd... but when I got the letter, the date on it, its approved on May 1st... since then, I did not get any update about transfer to my local office or CL, nothing at all... but I know they have my file around because as soon as I got the approval, I mailed over the change of address and  got only that update after like 2 months (its took 2 months, just to know that they got my change)... that was the only update... crossed finger!!! hoping get anything this coming beautiful September!

3 minutes ago, NeverGiveUp Nov17 said:

so... online say, your case was approved on May 23rd... but when I got the letter, the date on it, its approved on May 1st... since then, I did not get any update about transfer to my local office or CL, nothing at all... but I know they have my file around because as soon as I got the approval, I mailed over the change of address and  got only that update after like 2 months (its took 2 months, just to know that they got my change)... that was the only update... crossed finger!!! hoping get anything this coming beautiful September!

Oh I got transfer to local office June 18 and then July 17 Courtesy letter! But truth is; not everyone gets all those updates..sometimes you'll just wind up with the interview letter straight up! So expect anything...don't stress about the updates!😊👍

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 8/23/2019 at 1:29 AM, Helpasister said:

Good evening everyone,

I have a pending AOS but would be filling Vawa due to psychological and mental abuse. I currently have letter from shelter, medical report, drugs prescription. I have put together a 22 pages of self affidavit and within the coming week,i will be getting affidavit from people who witnessed or heard about the abuse.  Can i submit my documents with these, while i submit my pschological evaluation later as i have not started any session?. Thanks as I await your response. I plan to do this myself. Also my interview will be coming soon,what should i do?  Please help a sister

Yes,  you can submit what you have now,and once you have the psychological evaluation you can submit to USCIS later on. Attend the interview and ask the officer to put your AOS on hold,if you don't have the VAWA receipt when you will attend the interview then take with you a copy of your I-360 and proof of the abuse, and the post office receipt as well.

Filed: Other Country:
Timeline
4 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Lol..NO! The letter head paper, and signature of the practitioner itself gives it credence! There's no need for notary! Little wonder she felt embarrassed!😀😁

LOL

Timeline
On 8/23/2019 at 9:43 PM, Shroy123 said:

Thank you. Check this it is written in my RFE letter. 

709E9B52-99FA-44FE-AC31-FF4DAF5C699E.jpeg

The person can submit any document anytime, but when the person receives an RFE you have just 60/87 days to answer the RFE and to submit what you need. USCIS usually gives 87 days to answer the affidavit, and I  saw a few cases they gave 60 days. It will not hurt your VAWA if you submit now, but do not count that they have the obligation to take into consideration what you are submitting now regarding  your RFE.

Timeline
On 8/24/2019 at 11:06 AM, Shroy123 said:

Any male victims here who has approved vawa??  I should not have read internet articles. It says that mens has less chances of getting approval as compared to women 😞 no matter how strong your case is

USCIS  treat all cases equally.I have hundreds of VAWA cases approved and  the petitioners are men.

Timeline
On 8/24/2019 at 1:14 PM, silicon_valley said:

Hi ALL,

USCIS websites clearly states that I-360 and I-131 for VAWA application should be sent to 

75 Lower Welden Street
St. Albans, VT 05479-0001

but when it comes to I-485 and I-765:

485 where to file:

The beneficiary of an approved Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant, based on the eligibility category “Battered Spouse/Children,” and you are filing for adjustment of status.

765 where to file:

Pending Form I-485 based on:

• approved I-360 as a battered spouse/child, 
  • as an abused spouse or abused child of a qualifying Cuban Adjustment Act of November 2, 1966 eligible spouse or parent.

As you can see, all they say is if you have "approved I-360", they don't mention "filing I-360 I-485 concurrently"?

Should VAWA package be sent to Vermont service center regardless filling I-360 standalone or filling I-360 I-485 I-765 concurrently?

You must send the I-360 to Vermont, with or without I-485

Edited by sandranj

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Am having an issue here . My ex spouse was born in Texas and am trying to get his birth certificate but the guys at the Birth records and vital records said I can’t get the birth records to prove citizenship because we are already divorced . What do you guys suggest please ? 

Thank you, as you comment. 

Filed: Other Country:
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Now I'm behooved!😳😳😳😳 🏃 🏃 run run simba and never look back!🏃

You will be fine Ms.

Edited by bold

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.