2,946 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Pinkslays said:

Does the pyschologist evaluation report has to be notarized as well ?Β 

My pyschologist seemed a bit insulted when I expressedΒ Β notarizing for her evaluation report .

oopsΒ 

Lol..NO! The letter head paper, and signature of the practitionerΒ itself gives it credence! There's no need for notary! Little wonder she feltΒ embarrassed!πŸ˜€πŸ˜

9 minutes ago, NewMarylove said:

Hello dear friends,

I would like to know if any of you have had the following experience:
A few days ago I sent my request for β€œRENEWAL” of employment authorization (EAD), but the receipt that arrived after 15 days does not specify that it is a β€œRenewal”. It only says "Case Type: I-175 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION", it also came with a different number of "Receipt Number" to the first one I received when I requested the issuance of the EAD. I thought that, since it was a renewal, instead of creating a new case number, they only updated the previous case.

Β 

Is this normal? Or should the Case Type specify what is a renewal?

Β 

Thank you very much for your opinions ...

Absolutely normal! Nothing to worry about? I believe you submitted to Vermont?

Edited by Stillwinning!!!😊

34 minutes ago, Pinkslays said:

So anybody can concurrently file a 485 + 360 ? Any reason why some lawyers wait to file 485 AFTER 360 approval ?Β 

Not anybody only the abuseΒ  spouse, children, or parent of aΒ Β US Citizens can file concurrently I-360 & I-485.

LPR (Β lawful permanent resident) abuse spouse can only file I-360 after approval they need to wait for a priority date to become current to file I-485.Β 

Timeline
54 minutes ago, FeDaniela said:

Yes, F2A spouse of an LPR priority date is current is being current for couples months already, you can file AOS right away , don't wait anytime. You can move forward with your AOS base on your approvedΒ VAWA petition. It seems you have 2 open petitions Employment base one and VAWA...Β  My suggestion move forward with the one is current now... VAWA.

Appreciate your responseΒ FeDaniela! Great to hear confirmation that i can go ahead with AOS immediately.

Β 

Just have this situation bothering me.My employer only sponsored temporary work visa. Since the temporary visa extension is currently in progress i am not sure if i can right away apply for AOS or should wait until that visa is approved. Sorry if I sound dumb!Β 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline

Good morning All 😊!

Β 

I am an Aug 22 2017 filer. I got approved on Aug 8th and have an EAC under category C14.. I still haven't received an approval or transfer notice.

Given the fact that I have officially reached 24 months in the process. Do you recommend me reaching out to congresswoman to inquire and see when is my interview or if my case is being transferred at all?Β 

I had a pending i-485 with abuser and it was held upon i-360 filing.Β 

Β 

Thanks in advance!πŸ™

12 minutes ago, nap_o said:

Good morning All 😊!

Β 

I am an Aug 22 2017 filer. I got approved on Aug 8th and have an EAC under category C14.. I still haven't received an approval or transfer notice.

Given the fact that I have officially reached 24 months in the process. Do you recommend me reaching out to congresswoman to inquire and see when is my interview or if my case is being transferred at all?Β 

Β 

Thanks in advance!πŸ™

Hey a quick reminder..my card production- March 28..approval letter- April 26..so wait..it will come!πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘ but sure you can still reach out to your rep..if it makes you feel more assured!

29 minutes ago, Texas Girl said:

Appreciate your responseΒ FeDaniela! Great to hear confirmation that i can go ahead with AOS immediately.

Β 

Just have this situation bothering me.My employer only sponsored temporary work visa. Since the temporary visa extension is currently in progress i am not sure if i can right away apply for AOS or should wait until that visa is approved. Sorry if I sound dumb!Β 

VAWA is for sure, and employment visa is temporary...... You and your kids need something permanent Go ahead withΒ AOS... do not wait.... USCIS is taking time for everything and one case don't have to do with the other you have twoΒ different benefits you can use now. They will ask you on the petition if you previously have any petition file on your behalf you can mention the employment base one...Β 

Edited by FeDaniela

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
51 minutes ago, nap_o said:

Good morning All 😊!

Β 

Β 

Thanks in advance!πŸ™

As referral mine took 27 months from start to finish.

5/25/2017 applicationsΒ 

10/29/18 Vawa ApprovalΒ 

8/14/19 interviewΒ 

8/19/19 approval

On β€Ž8β€Ž/β€Ž19β€Ž/β€Ž2019 at 10:21 AM, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

😊 thanks..but this is old news for me..the latest so far is receiving my courtesy letter! Now waiting for interview date!πŸ˜€πŸ‘

Hi @Stillwinning!!!😊 hope you are having a wonderful day!!

I am following your path... just because we have very close VAWA approval... but I am lost, when did you get your CL???

3 minutes ago, NeverGiveUp Nov17 said:

Hi @Stillwinning!!!😊 hope you are having a wonderful day!!

I am following your path... just because we have very close VAWA approval... but I am lost, when did you get your CL???

Yeah thanks hun😘😁 hope it's same with you..I got my CL in July..the date on it is July 17th..so when were you approved..and did you get any transfer notice or CL? If so when?

Β 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.