2,946 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, sheima said:

hi VJ family, if your abuser previously file form I-130 for you, then that date should be your priority date for your (vawa I-360) I-485 interview, after your I-360 approval, for example, if you and your spouse together file form I-130 and I-485 in 2015, and you had a problem with your spouse by not attending your interview, after I-360 approval your position in line for interview will be 2015 applicant, that is why some people get their interview in 2-3 months after transfer.

This makes sense, so where did you get this information from? If this really is the case, then I'm feeling lucky!😌😌😌😀🙌

Good morning every one  😊❤️

Iam about to send an expedition request for EAD application , iam kindly asking what should i send ? 

I have a letter of explanation 

all my supporting documents 

copy of my receipt 

is there a specific format for the request ? Or any other documents ? 

Thanks in advance ❤️

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline

Morning VJ fam! 

Do you think it’s advisable to go for the VAWA based i485 interview by yourself or you should go with an attorney? 

I don’t have any criminal history or deportation orders. Folks who have gone by themselves please tell your experience. 

TIA

Edited by Strife

Just now, Fishy89 said:

Good morning every one  😊❤️

Iam about to send an expedition request for EAD application , iam kindly asking what should i send ? 

I have a letter of explanation 

all my supporting documents 

copy of my receipt 

is there a specific format for the request ? Or any other documents ? 

Thanks in advance ❤️

I submitted mine last week. I attached letter of explaining when i submitted my ead, my employer letter, copy of ead, i360 receipt and ead receipt

2 minutes ago, Shroy123 said:

I submitted mine last week. I attached letter of explaining when i submitted my ead, my employer letter, copy of ead, i360 receipt and ead receipt

How you know they got your request ? Did you get any updates online ? Or they asked for any documents ? 

Thanks friend 🌸

3 minutes ago, Strife said:

Morning VJ fam! 

Do you think it’s advisable to go for the VAWA based i485 interview by yourself or you should go with an attorney? 

I don’t have any criminal history or deportation orders. Folks who have gone by themselves please tell your experience. 

TIA

Most of the times an attorney is not needed..but you can never go wrong in the company of a good attorney! Some officers perhaps out of ignorance will want to ask you questions out of their jurisdiction..that's when the benefit of having a formidable attorney comes in!😊👍

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Most of the times an attorney is not needed..but you can never go wrong in the company of a good attorney! Some officers perhaps out of ignorance will want to ask you questions out of their jurisdiction..that's when the benefit of having a formidable attorney comes in!😊👍

Thanks! At this point it’s hard to tell who is a good attorney and who is not 😂

I can only vouch for @sandranj because she is the only one with whom I have a great experience. 

11 hours ago, Texas Girl said:

Dear fighters,

hope everyone is navigating life with a sense of hope and confidence, and taking good care of themselves!

As i move on to the next phase, i need your inputs. Kindly advise🙏

- My vawa was recently approved and i am currently looking at visa availability to apply for AOS. Per visa bulletin, the dates seem to be current for F2A! (spouse is a GC holder) Am I looking at the right charts? Can someone with knowledge in this area help?

- My employer has applied for extension of work visa, mine is approved but and i am waiting for visa approval for my kid.It can take few months to get a response. Considering this situation, can I already apply for AOS for myself and my kid? 

As always, i am extremely grateful to all contributors here!!

Yes, F2A spouse of an LPR priority date is current is being current for couples months already, you can file AOS right away , don't wait anytime. You can move forward with your AOS base on your approved VAWA petition. It seems you have 2 open petitions Employment base one and VAWA...  My suggestion move forward with the one is current now... VAWA.

On 8/23/2019 at 10:59 AM, FeDaniela said:

There is no reason, lawyers think is save  to do it that way, but is not is the same. Any denial of any petition can lead to removal proceedings so is best to file for a I-485 / I-765 if your abuser is USC so your life can continue, and you be able to work and move forward until everything is approved, once again is your case you hire an attorney to represent you and fight for your best interest but is your case you should also be able to make a decision on filling I485 and EAD if you want to and Can..... 

So anybody can concurrently file a 485 + 360 ? Any reason why some lawyers wait to file 485 AFTER 360 approval ? 

2 minutes ago, Strife said:

Thanks! At this point it’s hard to tell who is a good attorney and who is not 😂

I can only vouch for @sandranj because she is the only one with whom I have a great experience. 

Well you can take a chance and attend alone..if you feel the officer is stepping out of bounds, you tell him you're not comfortable going through all that again..usually they're not supposed to torment you..by way of making you re-live those dark times! But if it's something you're comfortable with, then fire away...💥💥👊😊👍

Hello dear friends,

I would like to know if any of you have had the following experience:
A few days ago I sent my request for “RENEWAL” of employment authorization (EAD), but the receipt that arrived after 15 days does not specify that it is a “Renewal”. It only says "Case Type: I-175 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION", it also came with a different number of "Receipt Number" to the first one I received when I requested the issuance of the EAD. I thought that, since it was a renewal, instead of creating a new case number, they only updated the previous case.

Is this normal? Or should the Case Type specify what is a renewal?

Thank you very much for your opinions ...

23 minutes ago, Strife said:

Morning VJ fam! 

TIA

It is not obligatory to have an Attorney at your I-485 interview, but some IO officer just abuse their power, by asking questions their not suppose too or insinuating credibility of your case this happen when you don't have a legal representation @FridayGirl@69 can tell you her experience which for me it was the most strong i have ever heard, and she got thru it because she got a Good Lawyer. Everyone experience is different. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.