2,946 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

You know I was asking you earlier when you filed....didn't know you are a 2019 filer...I can't keep up with all the timelines here..pretty overwhelming! God will see y'all through!🙏👍

Sorry I didn’t see your question. But yep! I’m a 2019 filer ( less than a month actually ). I know the journey will be long but I’m confident. 🙏🏻🙏🏻

Just now, dreamer1 said:

@Touna, this is normal... the website has been doing that on and off, from atleast past few weeks, for everyone. 

What documents did you send in? Your initial application or RFE response? 

Additional documents,  ( order of protection and a family court judge's order for dismissal of divorce because spouse filed a fraudulent divorce petition)

Timeline
1 hour ago, FridayGirl@69 said:

Remember that average timeline after Vawa Approval for Interview is between 8-10 months average.

I got mine after 9.5 months others I had seen are about 7-10 months seldom 5 months 

hi VJ family, if your abuser previously file form I-130 for you, then that date should be your priority date for your (vawa I-360) I-485 interview, after your I-360 approval, for example, if you and your spouse together file form I-130 and I-485 in 2015, and you had a problem with your spouse by not attending your interview, after I-360 approval your position in line for interview will be 2015 applicant, that is why some people get their interview in 2-3 months after transfer.

Filed: Other Timeline
4 minutes ago, Touna said:

Additional documents,  ( order of protection and a family court judge's order for dismissal of divorce because spouse filed a fraudulent divorce petition)

Ok... you should be fine. Just sign up for the text and e-mail alerts when the site is back up, this way you do not need to log in often... when did you apply the I-360? 

Timeline

Dear fighters,

hope everyone is navigating life with a sense of hope and confidence, and taking good care of themselves!

As i move on to the next phase, i need your inputs. Kindly advise🙏

- My vawa was recently approved and i am currently looking at visa availability to apply for AOS. Per visa bulletin, the dates seem to be current for F2A! (spouse is a GC holder) Am I looking at the right charts? Can someone with knowledge in this area help?

- My employer has applied for extension of work visa, mine is approved but and i am waiting for visa approval for my kid.It can take few months to get a response. Considering this situation, can I already apply for AOS for myself and my kid? 

As always, i am extremely grateful to all contributors here!!

1 hour ago, Touna said:

Hi , I have a question,  

On Aug19th 2019 , when I check on the status of my i360 , it showed correspondence received and uscis is reviewing it , after I sent them documents,  

Now when I check few days later.  It just shows nothing  , absolutely nothing, 

What does that mean ? 

Thank you. 

Screenshot_20190826-191226_Chrome.jpg

Getting same error. I submitted my rfe 2 weeks ago

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
4 hours ago, namastenyc said:

In that case, since the document will be valid for up to 2 years and taking into consideration the fact that I filed my case in August 2017 and I was approved in March 2019, I’ll take a chance and schedule my appt for Nov 2019. This way I would have some leeway in case the interview time takes longer and my medical exam paperwork would be current till November 2021. 

2D994ECA-AFA3-49B8-B284-37ECC9BBFA0C.png

You are missing the part of your medical cannot be more than 60 days old when you turn it in. 

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
5 hours ago, namastenyc said:

Thanks. I did not receive any notices or even get online updates after approval. It’s been 5 months. But, since it’s NY, I’m not complaining yet. When you say rushed to submit the medical exam, how long did it take? It takes time to even get a appt with some doctors. That’s why I want to have some doctors names on hand. Also, since you said it valid up to 2 years after and my I-485 application was submitted in aug 2017, do you think if I do the medical now and keep it on hold, I can be prepared in advance?  I don’t have immunization records etc. I hear they are processing cases from Aug-October 2017 in NYC, so, I wanted to plan ahead rather than be caught off guard at the last minute etc...My interview will probably take place in the winter time so, there’s that too ❄️ 🥶 

I got my interview letter on a Saturday with less then 2 weeks to interview. Medical doctor said he needed ten days to do report, but he did it in 7 days. I already had shot record because of shots required for work. So was not needed and I had a copy of shots from immigration. My doctor said the same thing. They would submit to my health insurance but I still had to pay and they will reimburse me. 

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.