Afghan93

Administrative Processing CR1 Kabul Embassy

57 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, A.yasini said:

Oh okay. Were you keeping track of how many updates there were before they notified you that your case is almost complete? I’ve been waiting since May 2018 and have had only 2 updates on its own in these 2 years. Other times it would update only when I’d send an inquiry. 

it was the same as everyone else, just updated only if i submitted an inquiry. but from when quarantine  started I didn't t check till mid April, I started checking  and till they sent an email it updated several times (4-5 times maybe in 15 days).

On 5/6/2020 at 10:21 PM, A.yasini said:

Yeah, we emailed the embassy in March and notified them of the expired status and they didn’t reply nor did they update it back to AP until yesterday. Also in the beginning of March we updated their DS-260 because it was open. So now everything is back to normal thankfully. Soon you guys will get the passport back with the visa inshallah. Hopefully this COVID-19 goes away soon. Thanks for the info by the way!

I also wanted to update the DS-260 but before I wanted to check with them. and when I wanted to submit an inquiry there is stating that this massage "Once submitted the DS-260 online form cannot be opened for updates unless a consular officer has reviewed it and request the updates." 

1 minute ago, Angel444 said:

I also wanted to update the DS-260 but before I wanted to check with them. and when I wanted to submit an inquiry there is stating that this massage "Once submitted the DS-260 online form cannot be opened for updates unless a consular officer has reviewed it and request the updates." 

Oh that’s weird because we didn’t get an email to update the DS-260, but were still able to update it. I updated it in March and now it says “submitted.” 

2 minutes ago, A.yasini said:

Oh that’s weird because we didn’t get an email to update the DS-260, but were still able to update it. I updated it in March and now it says “submitted.” 

Maybe they opened it but didn’t sent the email. I don’t know what should I do? ask them or just wait 

Just now, Angel444 said:

Maybe they opened it but didn’t sent the email. I don’t know what should I do? ask them or just wait 

So you’re not able to update it at all? Have you logged in to see the status on your DS-260?

6 minutes ago, A.yasini said:

So you’re not able to update it at all? Have you logged in to see the status on your DS-260?

I am able to do it. but haven’t since I never received an email to do it. I guess I will wait at least 20 days to see what happens next.

28 minutes ago, Angel444 said:

I am able to do it. but haven’t since I never received an email to do it. I guess I will wait at least 20 days to see what happens next.

Yeah maybe you should wait just to be on the safe side. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Afghan93 said:

hi everyone! i just wanted to see if anyone got any news or and issuances? my husband got an email asking him to go for another medical exam as his previous one has expired and he’s been getting updates almost everyday on the ceac website 

Hello! Oh that’s so great! Congrats! When was he asked to do remedical? My last update was on May 6th and it hasn’t updated again since then. 

2 minutes ago, A.yasini said:

Hello! Oh that’s so great! Congrats! When was he asked to do remedical? My last update was on May 6th and it hasn’t updated again since then. 

Oh my goodness! I just checked ceac and got another update on May 20th! How many updates did your husband get before being asked for remedical?

18 minutes ago, A.yasini said:

Oh my goodness! I just checked ceac and got another update on May 20th! How many updates did your husband get before being asked for remedical?

thank you!! inshallah it’s a good sign. I didn’t keep track of how many updates but I think it was like 6 updates and he got the email today for the exam. 

• 1 month later...

Asalaamu Alaykum 

i have a question... my husband had his second medical in May 2020 and has been in AP since June 2018.... his DS260 application says incomplete... when it first appeared as “opened” we asked the embassy if we should resubmit and they told us not to do anything so we never did... but now we are almost 8 weeks since his second medical and I’m wondering if we should re submit it since it’s says incomplete... what should we do?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.