ExieLeen

I-751 August 2019 Filers

671 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 2/14/2020 at 11:00 PM, Jens79 said:

Hi all!

I filed for ROC on August 13, 2019 (that's when I mailed it, USCIS registered my case a couple of days later), I did the biometrics on September 19 and now, two days ago, on February 12 my case status changed to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview". Seems like it's moving on pretty well, and a little faster than the 12-18 months I anticipated. Has anyone else who filed in August 2019 got the same update?

Does anyone know how long it normally takes until I get my interview notice? Would be great to get that pretty soon, so I can plan an upcoming trip around it.

I came to the US on a CR-1 visa and my case is processed by the NBC.

I filed for my wife's case about the same time as yours. My wife did her biometrics on sept 12, 2019. On 2/19/20 my her case status changed to "Case is ready to be Schedule for an Interview". I thought it went pretty fast so i came to check out visa journey to see if that is normal but i have seen a lot of people saying "it will take months until they schedule your interview". Today 2/26/20 i received another notification saying "On February 26th,2020 we scheduled an interview for your Form I751...." I wasnt expecting this to be going this fast (not complaining at all) but im outside of the country until march 5th. Hopefully i wont receive anything on the mail telling me we have an interview before then.... Also has anyone else have this type of case go this fast? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Jonathas & Laila said:

I filed for my wife's case about the same time as yours. My wife did her biometrics on sept 12, 2019. On 2/19/20 my her case status changed to "Case is ready to be Schedule for an Interview". I thought it went pretty fast so i came to check out visa journey to see if that is normal but i have seen a lot of people saying "it will take months until they schedule your interview". Today 2/26/20 i received another notification saying "On February 26th,2020 we scheduled an interview for your Form I751...." I wasnt expecting this to be going this fast (not complaining at all) but im outside of the country until march 5th. Hopefully i wont receive anything on the mail telling me we have an interview before then.... Also has anyone else have this type of case go this fast? 

That’s awesome. Please keep us posted on your interview, questions and process. good luck

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
30 minutes ago, Jonathas & Laila said:

Thanks for the update!

Did it specify what date your interview is scheduled for? Or you will get to know once you get the notice in the mail, maybe? 

Does anyone know how long time before the actual interview you get the notice? I’m trying to figure or my travel plans for the spring/summer here... 🙂

On 2/26/2020 at 6:43 PM, Jonathas & Laila said:

My case is the same thing , I didn't  have received the letter by mail but on Case status online says " As of February 12, 2020, we are ready to schedule your interview ,We will schedule your interview and send you a notice. ", just waiting for letter and instructions for interview.

My  Roc timeline:

08/16/19  sent I-751 packet to USCIS Lockbox in Dallas

08/21/19  packet received by USCIS

08/21/19: received text message with case number ( Texas Service Center)

08/23/19: received extension letter in the mail

08/30/19 received fingerprint appointment letter

09/17/19  fingerprint appointment day (done)

09/24/19  fingerprint review completed

giphy.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Hi. I am an August 2019 filer too. My status now is As of December 26, 2019, we are ready to schedule your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number SRC1990***, for an interview. We will schedule your interview and send you a notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice. I did my biometrics in Atlanta. My case seems to be faster than most. 

My question: so I will definitely  have an interview?

i kinda still hope my interview will be waived though. no one likes interviews.  i  already had an interview for my CR 1.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Zengerhaaw said:

Hi. I am an August 2019 filer too. My status now is As of December 26, 2019, we are ready to schedule your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number SRC1990***, for an interview. We will schedule your interview and send you a notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice. I did my biometrics in Atlanta. My case seems to be faster than most. 

i kinda still hope my interview will be waived though. no one likes interviews.  i  already had an interview for my CR 1.

Yes, there will be an interview, since you haven't been interviewed by the USCIS before. Your interview for the CR1-visa at the embassy doesn't count as a prior interview by the USCIS, unfortunately. 

24 minutes ago, Zengerhaaw said:

Yes, you will have an interview even though you already had one for CR1.

ROC Timeline

08/16/19: sent I-751 packet to USCIS Lockbox in Dallas

08/19/19: packet received by USCIS

08/21/19: received text message with case number ( Texas Service Center)

08/23/19: check got chashed

08/26/19: received extension letter in the mail

11/14/19: Biometrics appointment

04/28/20: case got transferred to my local field office in Atlanta

05/28/20: New Card Is Being Produced

05/29/20: New Card Got Approved

06/02/20: We Mailed Your New Card

06/03/20: The Post Office Picked Up Your New Card

06/04/20: Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office

Does anyone know how long would it take to get a decision/letter after i751 interview.  I filed i751 on May 2018  at Vermont and interview was on March 4th 2020 and interviewer didn't ask anything other than verifying the details on application and our addresses. She told is fine with what she have and doesn't need any additional proof and only thing is security check which she will do in the afternoon.

I spoke to USCIS customer care now and they created a Service request and which will take 30days to get an answer.

Does anyone know approximately how long would it take to get a reply after interview.

Hi Guys,

I haven't posted much since starting this thread but have been following.  We just got our letter for our Biometrics appointment scheduled for next Tues March 24 just 1 week after receiving the letter!  It is at our local USCIS ASC office about 3 miles away but now that due to help stop COVID-19 spread, our USCIS Field Office in downtown San Diego has closed. That means our Local ASC office is closed as well.   Plus the fact that California residents must all Stay at Home for the forseeable future will mean that we will not be able to make this appointment.  USCIS website states that the San Diego Field office will be closed until at least April 1.  It further states that USCIS will automatically reschedule Application Support Center appointments due to the office closure. You will receive a new appointment letter in the mail. My question is, anyone else just receive their Biometrics appt and does their scheduled appt fall during their field office closure?  If you have, did you get any email, letter or any other form of communication from USCIS that addresses your appt for rescheduling? Hope everyone is doing well.  Stay safe!

Hello All, My case status on website have new update today (3/19/2020) as "Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview"  

As of March 19, 2020, we are ready to schedule your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, for an interview. We will schedule your interview and send you a notice

How long its taking for you guys to get the interview date after this update ?

Naturalization - N-400 Timeline

09/09/2020 - N-400 filling done online

09/09/2020 - NOA online

02/11/2021 - Bio Reuse

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 minute ago, NihalV said:

Hello All, My case status on website have new update today (3/19/2020) as "Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview"  

As of March 19, 2020, we are ready to schedule your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, for an interview. We will schedule your interview and send you a notice

How long its taking for you guys to get the interview date after this update ?

We filed my wife's I-751 case in March 2019.  The status changed to "Case is ready to be scheduled for an Interview" on May 29, 2019.......no change since.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

22 hours ago, ExieLeen said:

Hi Guys,

I haven't posted much since starting this thread but have been following.  We just got our letter for our Biometrics appointment scheduled for next Tues March 24 just 1 week after receiving the letter!  It is at our local USCIS ASC office about 3 miles away but now that due to help stop COVID-19 spread, our USCIS Field Office in downtown San Diego has closed. That means our Local ASC office is closed as well.   Plus the fact that California residents must all Stay at Home for the forseeable future will mean that we will not be able to make this appointment.  USCIS website states that the San Diego Field office will be closed until at least April 1.  It further states that USCIS will automatically reschedule Application Support Center appointments due to the office closure. You will receive a new appointment letter in the mail. My question is, anyone else just receive their Biometrics appt and does their scheduled appt fall during their field office closure?  If you have, did you get any email, letter or any other form of communication from USCIS that addresses your appt for rescheduling? Hope everyone is doing well.  Stay safe!

We are in the same boat. August filers from North County San Diego. We got a letter this week notifying us about the biometrics appointment for Tuesday 24th but latter received email notifying about the cancellation and further “rescheduling”. 
Seems like we’ve been waiting a little longer than the average case and now everything is backed up. We still haven’t received further instructions. 

23 hours ago, HelenaHqz said:

We are in the same boat. August filers from North County San Diego. We got a letter this week notifying us about the biometrics appointment for Tuesday 24th but latter received email notifying about the cancellation and further “rescheduling”. 
Seems like we’ve been waiting a little longer than the average case and now everything is backed up. We still haven’t received further instructions. 

Thanks for letting us know we are not alone!  Especially since we are using the same USCIS ASC center!  My wife has not received any email regarding rescheduling yet but the information on the USCIS says the same thing.  It will be rescheduled and a new notification letter for a new appt date will be sent out.  Let's hope this threat to our future is under control soon so we can all get back to our normal lives!  Stay safe everyone!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Hi. Everyone. Just wanna touch base with you. Because of the coronavirus situation, I assume our interview will be delayed since current scheduled interviews for March and April are probably delayed/on hold?

I read other threads (e.g. January-2019 filers) on this forum , and someone wrote there their green card was printed and sent on March 24. So I guess USCIS is still processing non-interview stuff.

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Silke and I are August filers. Bio-metrics completed in October so now it is a wait game. I see they are processing March 2019 and where many Gov. employees may be furloughed, it could be awhile.  There could be an exception. With the current ban in place, should the Government workers handling these applications, the process could be sped up for those of us in the I-751 process. Anyone else think the same on this?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.