ExieLeen

I-751 August 2019 Filers

671 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Orm said:

Filed i-751 in the mid of august.
Just received a letter from uscis for biometric appointment at Seattle uscis office, on the last week of December. It takes 4 months from the day of form i-751 acceptance at Phoenix center, to schedule appointment. Next week will travel to Canada with expired GC and extension letter, hope will be no issues.  

you won’t have issues with Canada. The issue comes with other countries (Caribbean , Mexico , Africa , Middle East etc). It also depends on your nationality. If your passport allows you free travel to a country without a visa then you won’t have problems getting in, but for me and others there’s some countries that use your green card as a visa waiver . They get a little upset when you arrive and your green card is expired. It’s a grey area.

Now I have heard of badly trained airport staff in numerous cases regardless of the country give problems to passengers for trying to board a flight to the US with the expired card even with the letter. Again all a grey area and you can usually get away with it after an explanation. But  like I said I only did it because it affects my job 🙃

F(1) Student on OPT doing AOS

12/05/2016 --> Package sent to Chicago lockbox

12/07/2016 --> Package Delivered

12/15/2016 --> Checks Cashed!

12/16/2016 --> Electronic NOA recieved 23:31

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Montenegro
Timeline
14 minutes ago, sausa said:

you won’t have issues with Canada. The issue comes with other countries (Caribbean , Mexico , Africa , Middle East etc). It also depends on your nationality. If your passport allows you free travel to a country without a visa then you won’t have problems getting in, but for me and others there’s some countries that use your green card as a visa waiver . They get a little upset when you arrive and your green card is expired. It’s a grey area.

Now I have heard of badly trained airport staff in numerous cases regardless of the country give problems to passengers for trying to board a flight to the US with the expired card even with the letter. Again all a grey area and you can usually get away with it after an explanation. But  like I said I only did it because it affects my job 🙃

Thank you. Actually it’s important moment, about nationality. My passport doesn’t give me visa-free access to Canada. I was be there many times using just my conditional GC, never asked by border officers about my passport...

Also, i will cross border by car, so will be no airline employees or anyone except immigration border officer. 

Edited by Orm

10 minutes ago, Orm said:

Thank you. Actually it’s important moment, about nationality. My passport doesn’t give me visa-free access to Canada. I was be there many times using just my conditional GC, never asked by border officers about my passport...

Also, i will cross border by car, so will be no airline employees or anyone except immigration border officer. 

Canada should be fine though they understand the process I’m sure and there’s thousands of people who they have seen with this.

its when you go to a country where English isn’t a common language I think where there may be problems.

dont stress about it you will be fine with Canada:)

My husband and I went on a tour in Dubai, Hong Kong , and Philippines. They did not give me any trouble every time I come back with my expired GC and extension letter. They cant give us any issues coming back because we are still lawful permanent residence until a judge say so. Enjoy your trips!! 

Naturalization N-400 Timeline: (328 Days)

08/23/2020: [DAY 1]       Filed Online

02/12/2021: [DAY 174]   Biometrics Reused

05/17/2021: [DAY 268]    Interview Scheduled 6/15/2021

06/15/2021: [DAY 297]    Interview Appointment APPROVED

07/16/2021: [DAY 328]   🇺🇸 🇺🇸Oath Ceremony 🇺🇸🇺🇸

ROC I-751 Timeline: (342 DAYS)

08/23/2019: [DAY 1]       Package Sent to Dallas Lockbox

08/26/2019: [DAY 4]       Package Delivered 

08/28/2019: [DAY 6]       Txt Message w/ Receipt #EAC Vermont

09/03/2019: [DAY 12]     Rcvd Extension Letter/NOA 18mos 

09/21/2019: [DAY 30]     Rcvd Biometrics Appt. Letter 

09/30/2019: [DAY 39]     Biometrics Appt.

07/30/2020: [DAY 342]   APPROVED (Vermont Service Center) 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adjustment of Status Timeline: (434 DAYS)

09/13/2016: [DAY 1]       AOS Filed (I-130,I-485,I-765)

09/14/2016: [DAY 2]       Priority Date (I-130,I-485,I-765)

09/17/2016: [DAY 6]       Received I797C Letters

09/30/2016: [DAY 19]     Biometric Letter Received

10/14/2016: [DAY 33]     Biometrics Appt. (DONE)

10/19/2016: [DAY 38]     Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview

11/17/2016: [DAY 65]     I-765 Approved

06/22/2017: [DAY 282]   Interview is Scheduled for 07/28/17

07/28/2017: [DAY 318]   INTERVIEW

11/20/2017: [DAY 434]   APPROVED

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Montenegro
Timeline

Update on travel with expired GC and extension letter. Crossed border today without any problems. On american side, a lady at gates into ferry terminal, looked at my GC and noticed it expired, so I showed her an extension letter, she looked and wish me good trip. In couple hours, on canadian side, i handled to  immigration officer passport of my country and GC (my citizenship required visa access to Canada, if not a US permanent resident), she doesn’t even look at passport and give it back to me, she scanned GC , didn’t say it expired, but she told me few very good tips about some tourist destinations; super friendly, lovely canadian lady. All that time i hold extension letter in my hand, visible and ready to give it if necessary, but no one ask. 
Hope this info will be helpful for others!

Cheers!

Edited by Orm

Not a question, but I'm just so relieved right now that I want to share this.
Had my biometrics appointment initially scheduled for 12/23/2019 (Nebraska filer), which was supposed to be in the Chicago Application Support Center.

But my husband is in the military and we currently live 16 hours away from Chicago due to his orders, just until the end of January. That's why we had an early walk-in in the New Orleans field office today, which is the ASC closest to our current location. At first they didn't want to accept our walk in, but after explaining our situation, they were nice enough to take my biometrics. I'm very happy and relieved that I don't have to reschedule or fly to Chicago. USCIS updated my status already too!

I hope all goes just as smoothly for everyone else in here! 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi  brothers / sisters,

Wishing you all happy new year.

We have filled   i-751 removal of condition . I am wondering I have not still received bio-metric appointment. There is any time frame I must watch / look for bio-metric appointment notice.

again wish everyone happy new year and hope everyone gets their i-751 approved soon.

Thank You,

SM

I-751 Timeline (for husband)

- On August 16, 2019, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions

- on Sept 1st 2019 received 18 months extension.

We received our biometrics notice today, dated at the end of December - our appointment is in two weeks' time. Pleased to see some progress (the online case checker hasn't changed from "case received").

Edited by Wingsly
grammar/spelling

ROC

19th-Aug-19: Filed ROC paperwork
27th-Aug-19: Text notification received

30th-Aug-19: NOA received: Extension letter
4th-Jan-20: Biometrics letter received
16th-Jan-20: Biometrics appointment
25th-Sept-20: Status updated: "Case was approved"
3rd-Oct-20: Greencard received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 minute ago, Wingsly said:

We received our biometrics notice today, dated at the end of December - our appointment is in two weeks' time. Pleased to see some progress (the online case checker hasn't changed from "case received").

After your biometrics appointment, the status should start changing appropriately.......but in the case of my wife, only the old USCIS site is accurate......

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

I had my Biometrics appointment on November 14th. 

No updates ever since.

ROC Timeline

08/16/19: sent I-751 packet to USCIS Lockbox in Dallas

08/19/19: packet received by USCIS

08/21/19: received text message with case number ( Texas Service Center)

08/23/19: check got chashed

08/26/19: received extension letter in the mail

11/14/19: Biometrics appointment

04/28/20: case got transferred to my local field office in Atlanta

05/28/20: New Card Is Being Produced

05/29/20: New Card Got Approved

06/02/20: We Mailed Your New Card

06/03/20: The Post Office Picked Up Your New Card

06/04/20: Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, missileman said:

After your biometrics appointment, the status should start changing appropriately.......but in the case of my wife, only the old USCIS site is accurate......

Hello all, based on this timeline Excel for MSC filers looks like that whoever has applied till 2019 June end, cases are ready for the interviewe. just dates are not assigned. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Id1duRRByZHJmhEzl9N25GqwzcnUyLCR4e4N9W6zGLg/edit#gid=0

Please keep it updated as I am August month filers, eagerly waiting for updates. If you guys did not updated excel requesting you to update it.

I filed in mid August 2019 . My biometric was done in Sept 2019. But online status not updated since 5 months. still showing case received.

Should I worry if it is not updated ?

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 minute ago, J@grurtx said:

Hello all, based on this timeline Excel for MSC filers looks like that whoever has applied till 2019 June end, cases are ready for the interviewe. just dates are not assigned. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Id1duRRByZHJmhEzl9N25GqwzcnUyLCR4e4N9W6zGLg/edit#gid=0

Please keep it updated as I am August month filers, eagerly waiting for updates. If you guys did not updated excel requesting you to update it.

I filed in mid August 2019 . My biometric was done in Sept 2019. But online status not updated since 5 months. still showing case received.

Should I worry if it is not updated ?

Thanks

In my wife's case, the myuscis.gov  site says "We received your case"............but the https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/mycasestatus.do site says "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"......

The MSC filers spreadsheet (in my signature) is current as far as I know.  However, I have had to clean it up at times since a few people have accidentally messed it up.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

They sent the biometrics appt notice to our old address after we'd done an address change form. We got an email today that we missed the appointment which was yesterday. Does this mean our green card is considered "abandoned"?

Removal of Conditions

08/14/2019: I-751 mailed
08/20/2019: I-751 delivered to Phoenix
08/26/2019: Check cashed 
08/29/2019: 18 month extension letter received 
01/08/2019: Biometrics completed

Naturalization

07/29/2020: N-400 submitted online

12/21/2020: Interview date

Hi Everybody,

I just got a notification that I got an RFE on my I-751😟 

Does anybody know if this is common? I am freaking out now , im not sure what it is going to say or what they need, but I think I submitted enough evidence anyways in the packet we sent out :( 

I included

• bank statements
  • IRS joint returns
  • copies of the new mortgage we got ( joint)
  • copies of health insurance
  • photos

Did I miss something out here? I will add that I had just put new stuff in there from the date we filed the initial I-485. I was under the impression that we just needed to show that we are continuing our life together and not include older evidence, but I'm reading conflicting stuff going through the forums.

Edited by sausa

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 1/2/2020 at 1:59 AM, Superman0007 said:

Hi  brothers / sisters,

Wishing you all happy new year.

We have filled   i-751 removal of condition . I am wondering I have not still received bio-metric appointment. There is any time frame I must watch / look for bio-metric appointment notice.

again wish everyone happy new year and hope everyone gets their i-751 approved soon.

Thank You,

SM

I-751 Timeline (for husband)

- On August 16, 2019, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions

- on Sept 1st 2019 received 18 months extension.

Our 751 was received on August 1, and we are still waiting for the biometrics appointment letter as well. I have been patiently waiting as I know others are in this same position. I will likely reach out to them in a few weeks if I still don't have any updates. Just wanted you and any others still waiting to know, you're not the only one!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.