ExieLeen

I-751 August 2019 Filers

671 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

is it normal that we received the 18 month extension letter but not a NOA1 letter?

Removal of Conditions

08/14/2019: I-751 mailed
08/20/2019: I-751 delivered to Phoenix
08/26/2019: Check cashed 
08/29/2019: 18 month extension letter received 
01/08/2019: Biometrics completed

Naturalization

07/29/2020: N-400 submitted online

12/21/2020: Interview date

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
5 minutes ago, sarahandyunus said:

is it normal that we received the 18 month extension letter but not a NOA1 letter?

Hi.  The extension letter is the NOA1.

Just received an online update:

As of September 24, 2019, we completed our review of your fingerprints and are working on your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number EACXXXXXXXXX  at our Vermont Service Center location. We will let you know if we make a decision or need anything from you. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Not much movement but something is better than nothing I guess.. 

n-400 Timeline (husband) filed under 3 year marriage rule

(day 1) Submitted application & payment online (online ETA October 2021) 10/23/2020

(day 5) Text update that NOA was mailed 10/28/2020

(day 113) Biometric reuse letter mailed 2/12/2021

(day 279) Text saying there is an update to our cases, interview scheduled for August 26, 2021 7/29/2021

(day 322) Oath ceremony will be scheduled 9/10/2021

(day 327) Oath ceremony scheduled for Oct 1st 9/14/2021

(day 343) Oath ceremony complete & certificate received! Applied for US passport same day. 10/1/2021 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Had my biometrics appointment today and it was super quick and painless. The last time I was here at this same ASC, the whole building was packed with people and I was there a solid 2-3 hours. 
Today, there was a single person ahead of me. I was in and out in less than 20 minutes.

Now I just need to get the NOA 1 finally after requesting it a second time since I still haven’t gotten it. But except for that, it’s all smooth sailing. 😎

On 9/24/2019 at 4:22 PM, Paulinadeb88 said:

Just received an online update:

As of September 24, 2019, we completed our review of your fingerprints and are working on your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number EACXXXXXXXXX  at our Vermont Service Center location. We will let you know if we make a decision or need anything from you. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Not much movement but something is better than nothing I guess.. 

I got the same update on same day 09/24 😃

My  Roc timeline:

08/16/19  sent I-751 packet to USCIS Lockbox in Dallas

08/21/19  packet received by USCIS

08/21/19: received text message with case number ( Texas Service Center)

08/23/19: received extension letter in the mail

08/30/19 received fingerprint appointment letter

09/17/19  fingerprint appointment day (done)

09/24/19  fingerprint review completed

giphy.gif

12 hours ago, sergiojax said:

I got the same update on same day 09/24 😃

Wow!

I sent my package on 8/14/19 and did my fingerprint thing on 9/13/19 in Alexandria, VA, but still no update :(

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 8/18/2019 at 12:22 PM, sarahandyunus said:

Has anyone crossed the bridge of trying to renew your drivers license with the extension letter? I guess most people here's GC's aren't expired yet so neither are their licenses but I'm a bit worried about them giving us a hard time with the expired GC and extension letter...

I renewed my driver's license with the extension letter last week without hassles. The card came through the mail today only to find out the DMV only gave me a 12-month renewal instead of the 18 months stated in my I-751 extension letter.

I am not sure if i should go back and have this corrected or just let it go. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Finally received my NOA 1, a month late and only after submitting two service requests lol. 🤷‍♂️ My status also updated to fingerprint review completed after having gone last Friday, which seems pretty quick but I won't complain. 

On 9/30/2019 at 3:12 PM, Pogue Mahone said:

I renewed my driver's license with the extension letter last week without hassles. The card came through the mail today only to find out the DMV only gave me a 12-month renewal instead of the 18 months stated in my I-751 extension letter.

I am not sure if i should go back and have this corrected or just let it go. 

I wonder how they determine how long to extend it. I tried renewing my license in August, the DMV sent my papers to get verified by Homeland Security and today I’ve received my license with expiration date 4 years ahead! I thought I’d just get 18 months. Now curious, what’s the expiration date of other filers that needed to renew their license? 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Chile
Timeline
23 hours ago, Ugne said:

I wonder how they determine how long to extend it. I tried renewing my license in August, the DMV sent my papers to get verified by Homeland Security and today I’ve received my license with expiration date 4 years ahead! I thought I’d just get 18 months. Now curious, what’s the expiration date of other filers that needed to renew their license? 

July 2019 filer here. I just renew my DL in California and it's valid for 5 years. They didn't even ask for the letter, I did everything online. My current DL expires in Jan 2020 and I got a reminder to renew last month. My new DL is valid until 2025 :)

J-1 212 Residency Requirement Waiver                                                                    Removal of Conditions

08/22/2016 Advisory opinion request                                                                      07/01/2019 Package sent (I-751)

09/30/2016 Finding letter sent *subject*                                                                 07/03/2019 Package received at Pheonix, AZ Lockbox

09/30/2016 Documents received by DOS                                                                07/10/2019 Text notification of Case received, WAC#

12/13/2016 NOS Letter received                                                                               07/12/2019 Received NOA, 18 month extension letter.

01/25/2017 Favorable Recommendation Sent                                                        01/27/2020 Biometrics taken, Pomona CA

02/02/2017 Case received by USCIS                                                                         08/14/2020 Case transferred to NBC

02/2017 Married!                                                                                                            04/02/2021 Interview scheduled

05/17/2017 Approval notice received                                                                       05/10/2021 Interview at San Bernardino office

05/11/2021 Case approved

Adjustment Of Status from J-1                                                                                     N-400

05/08/2017 Package sent (I-130, I-485 and I-765)                                                   06/28/2020 Applied Online

05/11/2017 Package received at Chicago Lockbox                                                 07/06/2020 Received NOA

05/18/2017 NOA received with case numbers via mail                                           12/14/2020 Biometrics Reuse Notice

06/06/2017 Had biometrics appointment in Pomona, CA                                       04/02/2021 Interview scheduled

08/07/2017 Sent an online service request on I-765                                                05/10/2021 Interview at San Bernardino office/Decision cannot be made because of I-751 pending

08/17/2017 Letter in the mail saying case still under review                                  05/17/2021 Case recommended for approved, submitted for quality review

08/23/2017 Scheduled for an interview                                                                      05/17/2021 Oath Ceremony will be scheduled

08/26/2017 Sent second SR on I-765                                                                          06/25/2021 Oath Ceremony, San Bernardino Office

08/26/2017 EAD New Card is Being Produced

08/29/2017 EAD card was mailed to me

08/31/2017 EAD card received in the mail

09/25/2017  Interview at San Bernardino office/GC approved

09/25/2017 GC is being produced

09/28/2017 GC was mailed to me

09/30/2017 GC received in the mail

35 minutes ago, 3KKKLLL said:

Is this normal that I still haven't  recieved biometrics notice ?

I got 797c receipt but I thought biometrics  supposed to arrive within 4weeks ...

Texas processing...

They are a little haphazard in consistency, I am at the Nebraska center and submitted July 22, for Nebraska not out of the ordinary as it appears to take 7 months for biometrics appt, you might want to check with other Texas processers and see what their experiences are, good  luck 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

@3KKKLLL - my ROC is also processed at  SRC (Texas).  I've been waiting since Aug. 21st for the biometric appointment. SRC is very slow and it's possible they will reuse your biometrics from your I-485 application. If not, they will eventually send you an appointment.

Look at this file for SRC and you will see how long it takes them : https://drive.google.com/file/d/18wmTLuX2qkwJfyMTY00js3CC15bp5fpQ/view 

Atlanta Filer

08/17/19 : Filed for I-751 in Lewisville, TX

08/21/19 : Packet Received by USCIS

08/26/19 : Received 18 month Extension Letter - SRC 

17 hours ago, 3KKKLLL said:

Is this normal that I still haven't  recieved biometrics notice ?

I got 797c receipt but I thought biometrics  supposed to arrive within 4weeks ...

Texas processing...

I've been waiting since Aug, 2nd for the biometric notice and I still haven't received it. Texas processing (SRC) here too. It's been over 68 days. 😪

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.