Cata&Ben

August 2019 - AOS Fillers!

1,771 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Just wanna give my update. On dec 10th  My i485 updated to “Interview was scheduled “, didn’t get the mail yet, we are shocked and surprised, I am queens, New York filer where usual timeline is 14-21 months, but it’s been 3and half months only, we didn’t prepare any documents, pictures yet for interview as we didn’t expect it that early,  Yesterday December 12th i765 changed “new card is being produced”, today it changed to “case was approved”. Yet I didn’t get the update of new card is mailed, do you guys know how long it will take? 
my pd was August 27th. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 11/17/2019 at 4:59 PM, tsusoup said:

I'm in the same boat, the HUGE Seattle line.  I just came over to this forum to see how others were doing...it's so tough seeing everyone get their interview dates and knowing that mine is still something like a year away!  I guess AP and work is what we have to pin our hopes on for now...or some sort of Christmas miracle.  You're around a month ahead of me so I'm following your timeline to see when that AP and work authorisation lands!  Good luck!

I received my combo card in the mail today so hopefully yours isn’t too far behind. The Seattle wait time is ridiculous, I’m hoping I get my interview sometime before the end of 2020.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Cata&Ben said:

Hi Marcela

- You could try to call them and tell them that the embassy sent this document.

- If they dont have this document you need to ask an USCIS doctor for the medical I 693 and and ask the doctor to give you a sealed envelop to take it to the interview.

I am sorry this has happened to you. 

Cata

I called and the representative said everything looks great, make sure I take i693 to interview whenever it gets scheduled.so🤷

12 minutes ago, Ashley May said:

I received my combo card in the mail today so hopefully yours isn’t too far behind. The Seattle wait time is ridiculous, I’m hoping I get my interview sometime before the end of 2020.

That’s great news, congratulations! Was the visa journey estimate accurate for your combo card?

Timeline
16 minutes ago, tsusoup said:

That’s great news, congratulations! Was the visa journey estimate accurate for your combo card?

Thank you and it was.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bangladesh
Timeline
50 minutes ago, subrina&fahad said:

Just wanna give my update. On dec 10th  My i485 updated to “Interview was scheduled “, didn’t get the mail yet, we are shocked and surprised, I am queens, New York filer where usual timeline is 14-21 months, but it’s been 3and half months only, we didn’t prepare any documents, pictures yet for interview as we didn’t expect it that early,  Yesterday December 12th i765 changed “new card is being produced”, today it changed to “case was approved”. Yet I didn’t get the update of new card is mailed, do you guys know how long it will take? 
my pd was August 27th. Btw I didn’t expedite or never called them.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
On 12/12/2019 at 12:37 PM, emeline29 said:

Well unfortunately my interview was scheduled for Georgia. Not only that but they have no record of my request to change my address, even though I have a screenshot of the confirmation with a reference number from November 8th.

I could cry 🙁

In a strange turn of events - my interview has been scheduled for Charleston SC for January 28th. My local office in GA was Atlanta but Charleston was technically closer so I guess they’ve taken my case. I spoke to a tier 2 rep today and they said I could attend my interview in Charleston if I wanted! We’re considering flying over from Colorado for it because then it’s done and out of the way. 

Also - Charleston just happens to be my favourite city - we got married there! Very considerate of USCIS to give me an excuse to visit again! 😆

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
21 minutes ago, emeline29 said:

In a strange turn of events - my interview has been scheduled for Charleston SC for January 28th. My local office in GA was Atlanta but Charleston was technically closer so I guess they’ve taken my case. I spoke to a tier 2 rep today and they said I could attend my interview in Charleston if I wanted! We’re considering flying over from Colorado for it because then it’s done and out of the way. 

Also - Charleston just happens to be my favourite city - we got married there! Very considerate of USCIS to give me an excuse to visit again! 😆

Silver lining? Glad it (sort of) worked out.

Hi all,

I have a time sensitive job offer coming up - I can probably push it to February, but that may not be an option.

Filed in August, Biometrics in late September, RFE in early November, Interview noticed 12/9/2019, interview is scheduled for January 15th, 2020.

I have no updates on the EAD/Advanced Parole - is it reasonable to expect permission to work by January? What's the typical wait-time post interview?

I've had an easy time with the process, suspect as a result of being processed in the Boston office / Being Canadian / long relationship and a lot of well-organized documentation. So I don't think there will be any questions post-interview - but I'd like some feedback to provide my potential employer!

Anything helps. 

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, CanadianMutt said:

Hi all,

I have a time sensitive job offer coming up - I can probably push it to February, but that may not be an option.

Filed in August, Biometrics in late September, RFE in early November, Interview noticed 12/9/2019, interview is scheduled for January 15th, 2020.

I have no updates on the EAD/Advanced Parole - is it reasonable to expect permission to work by January? What's the typical wait-time post interview?

I've had an easy time with the process, suspect as a result of being processed in the Boston office / Being Canadian / long relationship and a lot of well-organized documentation. So I don't think there will be any questions post-interview - but I'd like some feedback to provide my potential employer!

Anything helps. 

Better to expedite than wait blindly IMO.

On 12/13/2019 at 7:33 PM, Ashley May said:

Rumor has it that Seattle will start sending cases to Portland, so they speed the process up. I’m in Seattle too. 

Timeline
33 minutes ago, RachelBounty said:

Rumor has it that Seattle will start sending cases to Portland, so they speed the process up. I’m in Seattle too. 

I hope that’s true, I would travel anywhere to get the interview sooner. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
On 12/13/2019 at 10:35 PM, Marcela Palomino said:

I called and the representative said everything looks great, make sure I take i693 to interview whenever it gets scheduled.so🤷

Hi, that's not an RFE, it's a courtesy letter and you don't need to mail in any response unless you receive a followup RFE for it.

They are just reminding you that you didn't send the i693 and it'll be needed during the interview. 

Edited by tengumats

1 hour ago, Ashley May said:

I hope that’s true, I would travel anywhere to get the interview sooner. 

Yep! Nobody believes me it takes so long. I feel so blessed that we aren’t in a hurry for me to go back to work, as we can afford me being home, but you just want to get it done and feel at peace (hopefully). Our attorney told us that they started sending naturalization cases to Portland and that AOS should be handled there too hopefully. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.