Cata&Ben

August 2019 - AOS Fillers!

1,771 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline
On 12/11/2019 at 10:07 AM, N&M16 said:

I’m in Queens too. Filed on July 17, 2019 and will have my interview tomorrow. 🙂

Let us know how it went ? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Since my RFE has been sitting idle for about 2 months, I called USCIS and the representative that I had on the phone did a very thorough job of researching what she could do for me. She put in a case inquiry request and told me that I should get an answer in 7 to 10 days.
Now I'm wondering if the work permit is put on hold when you get an RFE for the AOS or if it is independent. In which case I hope that I will get some movements on that one soon, because it has been sitting on "Fingerprint Review Was Completed" for 3 months now.

I mailed my wife's AOS July 29th and USCIS received it August 2nd. Had the fingerprint in September 3 and got an RFE (birth certificate length issue) Nov. 4. Status changed to RFE received on Nov. 14 and no updates since then. I guess I should wait until the end of December, otherwise give USCIS a call? I don't even know our processing center.

Edited by ces07

46 minutes ago, Calendula said:

Since my RFE has been sitting idle for about 2 months, I called USCIS and the representative that I had on the phone did a very thorough job of researching what she could do for me. She put in a case inquiry request and told me that I should get an answer in 7 to 10 days.
Now I'm wondering if the work permit is put on hold when you get an RFE for the AOS or if it is independent. In which case I hope that I will get some movements on that one soon, because it has been sitting on "Fingerprint Review Was Completed" for 3 months now.

Yes, when people get a RFIE, all the process of EAD/AP is on hold.

Cata

Timeline
36 minutes ago, Cata&Ben said:

Yes, when people get a RFIE, all the process of EAD/AP is on hold.

Cata

That's what I thought ... I asked her but she didn't know and as I had spent a long time on the phone with her already I felt bad having her do more research for me so I didn't insist on having the answer 😔

58 minutes ago, ces07 said:

I mailed my wife's AOS July 29th and USCIS received it August 2nd. Had the fingerprint in September 3 and got an RFE (birth certificate length issue) Nov. 4. Status changed to RFE received on Nov. 14 and no updates since then. I guess I should wait until the end of December, otherwise give USCIS a call? I don't even know our processing center.

I would do that !
The processing center is on the page when you look up your case status on https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/mycasestatus.do or on https://my.uscis.gov

Just got an update on my EAD! Finally card is being produced! I Requested an expedited through my congresswoman and it was approved yesterday. Not sure if it’s related haha

11339C69-5DC9-4BBA-B729-0375249F0583.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Calendula said:

I am in a same situation  I filled Ag 19 - Bio Sep 18 - Got RFE Oct 11 - Case tracker( Birth Certificate and translation documents that i sent in package)  -arrived letter oct 17 and they receive in oct 24 - my status is RFE received - almost 2 months ago and no change ...status for My I-131 and I-765 is case received since ag 19 - nothing change I see a lot of cases here that run so fast 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, Jpgs said:

Just got an update on my EAD! Finally card is being produced! I Requested an expedited through my congresswoman and it was approved yesterday. Not sure if it’s related haha

11339C69-5DC9-4BBA-B729-0375249F0583.jpeg

What was the total processing time for your expedite request? Mines currently on the 10th day already and the job offer I got they want me to start on 23rd December so hopefully I hear something soon.

2 hours ago, Grant & Bri said:

What was the total processing time for your expedite request? Mines currently on the 10th day already and the job offer I got they want me to start on 23rd December so hopefully I hear something soon.

It took 30 + days and a second inquiry from a the congresswoman. But I believe this is unusual. It should take 3 weeks in total to receive the EAD

Timeline
3 hours ago, Mr & Mrs Snowman said:

I am in a same situation  I filled Ag 19 - Bio Sep 18 - Got RFE Oct 11 - Case tracker( Birth Certificate and translation documents that i sent in package)  -arrived letter oct 17 and they receive in oct 24 - my status is RFE received - almost 2 months ago and no change ...status for My I-131 and I-765 is case received since ag 19 - nothing change I see a lot of cases here that run so fast 

Maybe you should try calling USCIS as well ! I told them that the people I had on the phone on my previous calls told me to wait 60days after they received my response to RFE to fill up a case inquiry (which was true) so the lady that I talked to today looked it up and filled a case inquiry for me. I don't know if it'll do anything, but I think it's worth trying !

I hope both our cases will move soon... it would be a nice present for the end of the year.

If you wanna call USCIS :
Phone number : (800) 375-5283
And then do 1, 1, 2, 2 to get someone on the phone in English or 2, 1, 2, 2 to get someone on the phone in Spanish. They'll ask for your receipt number, alien number and some personal infos to make sure it's you. Hang in there ! ❤️

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Anyone still waiting for interview date and EAD card from Newark field? My case I-765 still Cade was received but I-485 case ready for an interview 49 days ago. TT

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.