Interview 12/19/19 Approved on spot!

"Case was Approved" status update i-485 & i-130 12/20/19

Received Approval notices in the mail 12/26/19

"Card was mailed to me" I-485 12/26/19

"Card was picked up by USPS" I-485 12/27/19

Green card in hand 12/28/19

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Faxed off my job offer letter yesterday for my EAD, the job wants me to start on 23rd December and the way immigration are processing stuff these days I really don’t see me being able to start, considering I made the request with USCIS just after thanksgiving. So over this whole process.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 12/10/2019 at 9:53 AM, myjourney2018 said:

Hello everyone,

we got approved for our EAD and should be getting it soon.  Anybody that’s based in California knows what we need to bring to the DMV to get a drivers license? 

thanks in advance 

Hello last year I applied for a drivers license with an ead card in California , you need your ead card, your social security and some proof that you live in your address like a bill or bank account etc it cost like 35 Dollars, you have to pass the test to get a drivers permit then you’ll schedule for the behind the wheel test. 

8-24-19 Filed For AOS/EAD/AP 

9-4- 19 Received in mail 4 NOAs (AOS/EAD/AP/I-130) PD 8-27-19

9-26-19 Biometrics appointment 

10-24-19 Case is ready for interview 

10-26-19  I-693 courtesy letter

11-4-19 Interview letter received

12-4-19 Interview date  

12-4-19 Interview date APPROVED!  

Timeline
1 hour ago, gabs-10 said:

Hello last year I applied for a drivers license with an ead card in California , you need your ead card, your social security and some proof that you live in your address like a bill or bank account etc it cost like 35 Dollars, you have to pass the test to get a drivers permit then you’ll schedule for the behind the wheel test. 

Thanks for replying, good to know about the proof of address

2 hours ago, Grant & Bri said:

Faxed off my job offer letter yesterday for my EAD, the job wants me to start on 23rd December and the way immigration are processing stuff these days I really don’t see me being able to start, considering I made the request with USCIS just after thanksgiving. So over this whole process.

It takes one week from production to receiving the combo card. 

In any case, you can present the EAD approved email to your employer ...?

Cata

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Cata&Ben said:

It takes one week from production to receiving the combo card. 

In any case, you can present the EAD approved email to your employer ...?

Cata

Yeah just waiting for them to approve it now, it’s taken nearly over a week for them to send the initial evidence request and i still haven’t received that in the mail I had to call to get them to email it to me. They certainly are dragging there heals. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline
On 12/5/2019 at 9:53 PM, Marcela Palomino said:

I need help!

I'm in day 112 , field office Portland,OR

(There is no hope for interview dates any time soon in PDX)

I possibly have a job offer. Should I expedite it? Or should I just wait?

I kind of feel like I'm on the time frame where work auth. Gets approved and I don't want delay it for expediting. 

What should I do?

@Marcela Palomino I'm a Portland filer too... did you hear something specific about interview dates in PDX or did you just say that because there have been no interviews since early July, according to stats on VJ? We've been 'ready to schedule interview' since 10/2 but heard nothing since. My husband just got his EAD/AP approval and the card should be here Friday... but it took 160 days. to approve But it does seem like they are picking up some slack in that area, just not in scheduling AOS interviews. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
57 minutes ago, CO & RK said:

@Marcela Palomino I'm a Portland filer too... did you hear something specific about interview dates in PDX or did you just say that because there have been no interviews since early July, according to stats on VJ? We've been 'ready to schedule interview' since 10/2 but heard nothing since. My husband just got his EAD/AP approval and the card should be here Friday... but it took 160 days. to approve But it does seem like they are picking up some slack in that area, just not in scheduling AOS interviews. 

I'm just assuming based on what's going on with the people on VJ

Timeline
17 minutes ago, dicon7 said:

EAD notice : Anyone can advise how long to get it in the mail? 

CD3A2648-6ABE-4CE3-95A0-A185576B7BE3.jpeg

for the EAD, you will be provided with a tracking number once it is shipped.  

Ours was approved dec 5 and will be delivered dec 13.

Edited by myjourney2018

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

Received the Green Card in the mail yesterday!!  Glad to finally take a break from this paperwork for a little while!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Tatjana&Velemir said:

Received the Green Card in the mail yesterday!!  Glad to finally take a break from this paperwork for a little while!

Congrats!!! Did you get an approval letter before receiving the green card? 

B2 visa To AOS

Priority date:  08/19/19

Received text messages: 08/26/19 

Received NOA1's in the mail: 08/31/19

Biometrics done 09/17/19

Received case update online for RFIE  10/12/19

Sent response for RFIE 10/17/19

RFIE Response delivered (resent I-130A) 10/19/19

"Response to RFIE received" status 10/22/19

Case ready to be scheduled for interview 11/02/19

Interview Scheduled! 11/07/19

Received interview notice in mail 11/12/19

Interview 12/19/19 Approved on spot!

"Case was Approved" status update i-485 & i-130 12/20/19

Received Approval notices in the mail 12/26/19

"Card was mailed to me" I-485 12/26/19

"Card was picked up by USPS" I-485 12/27/19

Green card in hand 12/28/19

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

My wife just received her EAD/Advance Parole card in the mail today.  On 9 DEC we received the notice that it was in production.  On 5 DEC is when it was approved.  

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

The app just updated to say my Interview was scheduled! I’ve just moved from Georgia to Colorado and unfortunately I have a feeling I will have been scheduled for Georgia. The address change takes 30 days to take effect and I only moved 30 days ago so I’m not hopeful. Currently in the process of contacting USCIS. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Edited by emeline29

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Well unfortunately my interview was scheduled for Georgia. Not only that but they have no record of my request to change my address, even though I have a screenshot of the confirmation with a reference number from November 8th.

I could cry 🙁

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.