Aziz 33

Asked to fill DS-5535 after verbal approval!

38 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline
7 minutes ago, jamesbond123 said:

Any specific reason you think for ds5535? Did you have travel or employment history? Male applicant?

My application was perfect there was no reason to give me the form but I guess they just do it as another layer of check up.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 9/21/2020 at 1:59 PM, Aziz 33 said:

My application was perfect there was no reason to give me the form but I guess they just do it as another layer of check up.

As Salaam Aalaikum Aziz,

Did they put your case on "Administrative Processing" status while processing your ds-5355 and before issuing you the visa? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline
39 minutes ago, hbbi said:

As Salaam Aalaikum Aziz,

Did they put your case on "Administrative Processing" status while processing your ds-5355 and before issuing you the visa? 

Yes that exactly what happened it took them 28 days to process it and I received it by the end of the 28th day

23 hours ago, jamesbond123 said:

Yes

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Aziz 33 said:

Yes that exactly what happened it took them 28 days to process it and I received it by the end of the 28th day

Yes

1 hour ago, hbbi said:

As Salaam Aalaikum Aziz,

My case shows Refused. I did receive confirmation via ustraveldocs that they have collected my docs. I assumed they are referring to my email questioner. & returned my passport.

Timeline
On 10/1/2020 at 6:36 PM, jamesbond123 said:

My case shows Refused. I did receive confirmation via ustraveldocs that they have collected my docs. I assumed they are referring to my email questioner. & returned my passport.

Have you considered filing Writ Of Mandamus in the US court?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
24 minutes ago, hbbi said:

I believe your case is stuck in AP for a it?

I think so because if ds5535. There are many reason for AP. It could be missing docs, when someone uploads it. It shouldn’t take this long review it. My is DS5535, which has to be approved before moving forward. 

It’s been only 2 wks

If I file WOM, and no status of ds5535 what do you think court will do?

Edited by jamesbond123

Timeline
13 minutes ago, jamesbond123 said:

I think so because if ds5535. There are many reason for AP. It could be missing docs, when someone uploads it. It shouldn’t take this long review it. My is DS5535, which has to be approved before moving forward. 

It’s been only 2 wks

If I file WOM, and no status of ds5535 what do you think court will do?

If its only been 2 weeks then you should wait.

Timeline
On 10/1/2020 at 6:14 PM, Aziz 33 said:

Yes

Dear Aziz, I am wondering if having a long travel history can take longer for ds-5535 to process.

Did you have a long travel history?

Also, did they keep updating your case status date on ceac during the 28 days time when your form was under process?

Please answer, thanks.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
52 minutes ago, hbbi said:

Dear Aziz, I am wondering if having a long travel history can take longer for ds-5535 to process.

Did you have a long travel history?

Also, did they keep updating your case status date on ceac during the 28 days time when your form was under process?

Please answer, thanks.

Hi, I am in the same boat. The interview was approved but ds5535 was given in order to move forward with the application. its been 6 weeks for us. There is no date changed on CEAC at all. I believe the reason was because of travel.

@hbbi did you have a travel history? where and how long please ? thanks

Timeline
8 minutes ago, minie07 said:

Hi, I am in the same boat. The interview was approved but ds5535 was given in order to move forward with the application. its been 6 weeks for us. There is no date changed on CEAC at all. I believe the reason was because of travel.

@hbbi did you have a travel history? where and how long please ? thanks

Yes I have travelled to many countries in the past. I was given ds-5535 after the interview and its been 12 days since. Case was updated on the 9th and 10th day.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.