laylalex

Is anyone watching the debates tonight and tomorrow?

1,276 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

Some try to get caught up. :devil: 

See how easy it was. That rep point felft good didnt it

8 hours ago, Dashinka said:

How hard did you look?

NBC Staffers Seethe as Trump Gleefully Uses the Network Against Biden

The network’s leadership faced a barrage of condemnation on Wednesday after the last-minute announcement that the broadcast network—along with its sister cable outlets MSNBC, CNBC, and Telemundo, and their digital platforms such as NBC News NOW and the new streaming service Peacock—would air the live event on Thursday night during the same hour as ABC News’ previously scheduled town hall with Biden.

“It’s an irresponsible and selfish move by NBC,” a source close to the Biden campaign texted The Daily Beast. “If they’re going to allow Donald Trump an hour of air time to spread disinformation about COVID and repeat his greatest hits of lies and conspiracy theories, they ought to at least do it an hour later and let voters hear from both candidates. Broadcast networks have a role in our Democratic process, and NBC doesn’t seem to be taking theirs very seriously today.”

Officially, however, the Biden campaign declined to comment on NBC’s programming decision—perhaps not wanting to appear defensive concerning free airtime for Biden’s opponent, who is trailing significantly in public polls less than three weeks before the Nov. 3 election.

On social media, however, NBC’s critics were not so restrained.

“So, @NBCNews is presenting a Trump town hall opposite a Biden town hall? Do I have that right?” tweeted international relations professor David Rothkopf, a typical critic. “They are forcing audiences to choose which candidate to watch? Isn’t that serving Trump’s agenda? Couldn’t they have chosen a different time?”

Prominent journalist Jeff Greenfield—a former ABC and PBS correspondent who has been a commentator on NBC Nightly News—was among the many others who weighed in. “The decision by NBC News to run a Trump town hall directly opposite ABC’s Biden town hall is indefensible,” he wrote.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/nbc-staffers-seethe-as-trump-gleefully-uses-the-network-against-biden

Yeah, I saw that late last night but was too tired to come on here at midnight and point out I'd found it. I did look but I was apparently looking in the wrong places -- i.e. not the Daily Beast or on Twitter.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, laylalex said:

Yeah, I saw that late last night but was too tired to come on here at midnight and point out I'd found it. I did look but I was apparently looking in the wrong places -- i.e. not the Daily Beast or on Twitter.

Maybe Twitter censored it?

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Just now, Dashinka said:

Maybe Twitter censored it?

Or I just didn't go to Twitter more like. :P 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Since Mr. Scully was supposed to moderate the now canceled debate tonight, this seemed appropriate here.

C-SPAN suspends Steve Scully indefinitely after he admits he lied about his Twitter being hacked

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/c-span-suspends-steve-scully-indefinitely-after-he-admits-he-lied-about-his-twitter-being-hacked

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

38 minutes ago, Dashinka said:

Since Mr. Scully was supposed to moderate the now canceled debate tonight, this seemed appropriate here.

C-SPAN suspends Steve Scully indefinitely after he admits he lied about his Twitter being hacked

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/c-span-suspends-steve-scully-indefinitely-after-he-admits-he-lied-about-his-twitter-being-hacked

This is the impartial debate moderator. what a joke. 

I had seen a few interviews by Scully, combed over the guy's history and social media posts and didn't see anything noteworthy from my own perspective. Before I posted, I had noted a few posts by some on the right that would demonstrate personal bias, but it wasn't repetitive, so, he was largely good at hiding it, going under the radar with C-SPAN. I dunno what caused him to snap, but it removed all doubt. The thing about blaming hackers.. knew it was far more likely to be a lie. Just like in our naivety we thought the AP and Reuters were the most "unbiased", astringent Trump has brought to the surface all the festering bias in the media and how untrustworthy they truly are.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

I find it rather odd that all three moderators are rather left-leaning.

darn moderators...........

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

49 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

I find it rather odd that all three moderators are rather left-leaning.

I find Wallace generally is hard on both 

4 minutes ago, Burnt Reynolds said:

b4gAkRs.jpg

.. tmi.

maybe f rom a ditch its harder to see. I watch Foxnews Sunday and he roasted Senator coons last week.