laylalex

Is anyone watching the debates tonight and tomorrow?

1,276 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Nitas_man said:

I was referring to the pre-2020 lines that parallel each other through the summer/winter seasons.

Good to know that you “know what the press might do if Joe gets elected”.  I sure don’t.  Are you saying that even though Trump did nothing that changed GDP growth, nothing but expand the trade deficit, nothing but expand the federal deficit, and mishandled the coronavirus so badly that he absolutely wrecked our economy he was the best president for the poor and homeless?  Im sure you’re right.  Flushing him anyway 😂 Have a good week

So being a lifelong Republican, you have never witnessed the MSM treating one Party different than the other in how they report news?  Btw, it was the governors that shut down their various economies.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
1 minute ago, Dashinka said:

So being a lifelong Republican, you have never witnessed the MSM treating one Party different than the other in how they report news?  Btw, it was the governors that shut down their various economies.

It happens all the time.  I’ve never whined about it or seen it whined about as much as trump and trump-publicans whine.  Good grief.  Reagan handled the press with dispatch.  You blue states nominate someone with stones next time 😂

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Nitas_man said:

It happens all the time.  I’ve never whined about it or seen it whined about as much as trump and trump-publicans whine.  Good grief.  Reagan handled the press with dispatch.  You blue states nominate someone with stones next time 😂

Well, there was some idiots planning a kidnapping attempt, but thankfully it was caught before anything happened.  Michigan has a long history of electing Democrats and Republicans regularly, so not really sure how it is classified as a Blue state.  If that is the case then I guess we can all Texas a Blue state since it once elected LBJ.  Regardless, the state Supreme Court did slap down the Governor and her little dictator state, so at least we still have that.

Reagan did do a good job with the media, Obama and Trump, not to mention the Bush's and Clinton not so much.  In the case of Obama and Joe, they avoid any real questions at all costs, and in the case of Trump, he tries to answer all of them often times to his own detriment.  Regardless, the discussion regarding the bias of the MSM started way before Trump was ever elected, it may have ramped up a bit, but it has been around even when other Republicans were in the WH.

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Dashinka said:

Well, there was some idiots planning a kidnapping attempt, but thankfully it was caught before anything happened.  Michigan has a long history of electing Democrats and Republicans regularly, so not really sure how it is classified as a Blue state.  If that is the case then I guess we can all Texas a Blue state since it once elected LBJ.  Regardless, the state Supreme Court did slap down the Governor and her little dictator state, so at least we still have that.

Reagan did do a good job with the media, Obama and Trump, not to mention the Bush's and Clinton not so much.  In the case of Obama and Joe, they avoid any real questions at all costs, and in the case of Trump, he tries to answer all of them often times to his own detriment.  Regardless, the discussion regarding the bias of the MSM started way before Trump was ever elected, it may have ramped up a bit, but it has been around even when other Republicans were in the WH.

They all get skewered if they smell blood.  Difference this time is the whining.  Good grief.  

Filed: Timeline
1 hour ago, Nitas_man said:

I’m good.  I do the same thing you do, track ‘em on national and state level.  I’ve seen enough to know this isn’t a “hoax” or a “wuflu”.

Polls open tomorrow, I got the day off, gonna head back upstairs and help the newbies.  Y’all behave yourselves down here.

Good for you.  Already voted myself.  Enjoying some time off in Key West.

(Also, your 2020 number appears to be off by a bit)

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

You could always add ‘em up

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

Darn it sucks to be you

NBC News to host town hall with Trump on Thursday

Moderated by "TODAY" anchor Savannah Guthrie, the event will take place outdoors and be socially distanced.

President Donald Trump will take part in an NBC News town hall event in Miami on Thursday, the network announced Wednesday, after Trump produced a Covid-19 test showing he is not contagious.

The town hall, moderated by "TODAY" anchor Savannah Guthrie, will take place on the same evening — and at the same time — that Joe Biden is doing his own town hall event in Philadelphia on ABC News at 8 p.m. ET

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1243300

The left is extremely upset that anyone would interview the President at all. 

Who's said they're upset about Trump doing a town hall (not an interview)?  Seems very sensible to me. Nothing in that article says anyone is upset about it. 

Call it observation, with the prevailing lefty opinions that NBC shouldn't air Trump at all, that it shouldn't compete with ABC/Biden, that they're greedy corporations putting profit before ________, that it's unsafe because Trump once had the virus.. the usual comical bs.

The townhall is like an interview, not a normal townhall (e.g. McCain/Obama townhall) where they actually debate each other with people asking questions. Format= Ask question->get answer.. interview.

Edited by Burnt Reynolds

I know what a town hall is. :P But putting that to one side, I looked around on the internet about this and I don't see anyone saying at all that he shouldn't do it, now that he has been definitively given the all clear and social distancing will be in place. Haven't seen anything that said it shouldn't compete with Biden. Maybe I don't hang in dank and dingy lefty dirtbag corners of the internet? :P 

Let them both speak for themselves. I suspect we will have a "regular" debate next week.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
On 10/12/2020 at 1:46 AM, Voice of Reason said:

some of us got more time in the gulag than you have in this forum.

Some try to get caught up. :devil: 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline
16 hours ago, laylalex said:

I know what a town hall is. :P But putting that to one side, I looked around on the internet about this and I don't see anyone saying at all that he shouldn't do it, now that he has been definitively given the all clear and social distancing will be in place. Haven't seen anything that said it shouldn't compete with Biden. Maybe I don't hang in dank and dingy lefty dirtbag corners of the internet? :P 

Let them both speak for themselves. I suspect we will have a "regular" debate next week.

How hard did you look?

NBC Staffers Seethe as Trump Gleefully Uses the Network Against Biden

The network’s leadership faced a barrage of condemnation on Wednesday after the last-minute announcement that the broadcast network—along with its sister cable outlets MSNBC, CNBC, and Telemundo, and their digital platforms such as NBC News NOW and the new streaming service Peacock—would air the live event on Thursday night during the same hour as ABC News’ previously scheduled town hall with Biden.

“It’s an irresponsible and selfish move by NBC,” a source close to the Biden campaign texted The Daily Beast. “If they’re going to allow Donald Trump an hour of air time to spread disinformation about COVID and repeat his greatest hits of lies and conspiracy theories, they ought to at least do it an hour later and let voters hear from both candidates. Broadcast networks have a role in our Democratic process, and NBC doesn’t seem to be taking theirs very seriously today.”

Officially, however, the Biden campaign declined to comment on NBC’s programming decision—perhaps not wanting to appear defensive concerning free airtime for Biden’s opponent, who is trailing significantly in public polls less than three weeks before the Nov. 3 election.

On social media, however, NBC’s critics were not so restrained.

“So, @NBCNews is presenting a Trump town hall opposite a Biden town hall? Do I have that right?” tweeted international relations professor David Rothkopf, a typical critic. “They are forcing audiences to choose which candidate to watch? Isn’t that serving Trump’s agenda? Couldn’t they have chosen a different time?”

Prominent journalist Jeff Greenfield—a former ABC and PBS correspondent who has been a commentator on NBC Nightly News—was among the many others who weighed in. “The decision by NBC News to run a Trump town hall directly opposite ABC’s Biden town hall is indefensible,” he wrote.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/nbc-staffers-seethe-as-trump-gleefully-uses-the-network-against-biden