laylalex

Is anyone watching the debates tonight and tomorrow?

1,276 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, CanAm1980 said:

Using dictionaries that are generally accepted in the English speaking world, it means to be or get ready to act.  In doublespeak, I am not so sure and doublespeak is what Trump masters. 

They were talking about policing, so we don't need gaslighters to tell us of Trump's magic doublespeak or dog whistles of some white supremacist army standing by. 😂 We've already gone through this before, I guess you haven't got the memo it doesn't work anymore.

Edited by Burnt Reynolds

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

More double speak.

"Oh, really? Are you talking about Hunter?" Trump asked.

When the former vice president said he was talking about Beau Biden, who died of brain cancer in 2015, Trump replied: "I don't know Beau, I know Hunter."

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Burnt Reynolds said:

They were talking about policing, so we don't need gaslighters to tell us of Trump's magic doublespeak or dog whistles of some white supremacist army standing by. 😂 We've already gone through this before, I guess you haven't got the memo it doesn't work anymore.

We (chris wallace the moderator)were talking about white supremacists and Trump's inability or reluctance to criticize and distance himself from those groups. I never heard him condemn them.  

The day after, when David Duke had publicly celebrated Trump's call-out, Trump made up a lame story about this was about the police.

Nice try.

Just now, CanAm1980 said:

We (chris wallace the moderator)were talking about white supremacists and Trump's inability or reluctance to criticize and distance himself from those groups. I never heard him condemn them.  

The day after, when David Duke had publicly celebrated Trump's call-out, Trump made up a lame story about this was about the police.

Nice try.

They wanted to insert a narrative of white supremacy into the topic of policing when there's no issue of white supremacists here. 

David Duke wasn't the issue of discussion either. Like the "Beau" Biden thing, it's all about trying to change the subject from something that's actually relevant (and happening) into something you prefer to talk about, and like I said, it doesn't work.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I thought the Progs were talking about Proud Boys, who are amusingly multi racial.

And has been said many times he did denounce them, not that it matters.  CNN tried on this morning at the press conference and got their but handed to them.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

10 minutes ago, Boiler said:

I thought the Progs were talking about Proud Boys, who are amusingly multi racial.

And has been said many times he did denounce them, not that it matters.  CNN tried on this morning at the press conference and got their but handed to them.

He denounced them years ago, and even when he did, they still pretended he didn't, and still recycled (even at the debates) the same "both sides" narrative. They're hoping to reframe the policing issue and left wing violence into something on the right, or even into Trump attacking Biden's dead son.. it's just not going to work.

The real eye opener at this debate was the second Chris Wallace wanted Trump to condemn white supremacy.. again. He knows it happened already, he knows it's not even an important topic. It's merely about feeding anti-Trumpism in the news cycle, so, you got a glimpse of Chris Wallace's "neutrality". I did warn about his establishment bias.

Edited by Burnt Reynolds

36 minutes ago, CanAm1980 said:

Using dictionaries that are generally accepted in the English speaking world, it means to be or get ready to act.  In doublespeak, I am not so sure and doublespeak is what Trump masters. 

Google result for stand by 

stand by
See definitions in:
All

Theatre

Aviation
phrasal verb of stand

1. 1.
    be present while something bad is happening but fail to take any action to stop it.
    "he was beaten to the ground as onlookers stood by"

2. 2.
    support or remain loyal to (someone), typically in a time of need.
    "she had stood by him during his years in prison"

You can see how the "concept" of white supremacy is used to justify actual extremism:

And their hopes are, they'll get others so caught up in and distracted with "defending racism" (their narrative) that they're either afraid to act or completely ignore doing something about the violence and chaos they're inflicting across the country.

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

All this talk about "white supremacy" lately.  Yet all I see when I look around is antifa and blm burning down cities.  Is anyone REALLY so ignorant as to believe "white supremacy" has been a problem the past few months?

yes 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

All this talk about "white supremacy" lately.  Yet all I see when I look around is antifa and blm burning down cities.  Is anyone REALLY so ignorant as to believe "white supremacy" has been a problem the past few months?

White supremacism has been and issue for years. So says the department of justice.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

yes 

I can not work out if they really believe it, are people that stupid?, want to believe it because it suits the cause or are just deluded. I have seen discussions about Shared Paranoid Delusion, seems to fit the bill.

We did of course have a long thread about Jussie, so this is not new, just a continuation.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline
2 hours ago, CanAm1980 said:

White supremacism has been and issue for years. So says the department of justice.

How many instances of white supremacists burning down America, or taking over cities, in the past 3 months?  Got any links, like there are in the Nationwide Riot Megathread about violent protests?  30 pages, and I don’t recall anything much about right-wing anything, except maybe Kyle Rittenhouse defending himself.

Edited by Voice of Reason