laylalex

Is anyone watching the debates tonight and tomorrow?

1,276 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

56 pages in 1 day, not surprised considering what a lightning rod Trump is, I underestimated Biden though, didn't think he would be as forceful considering his decline, But Joe's a politician and a coached one at that, instructed to show anger and conviction to make voters believe what you're saying is true, when in reality it's a lie..  Trump, no filter and no restraint, he could have done so much better on that front and talked directly the voters,  that aside, Trump beat Joe to the ground with his truth burning attacks, the kind that hurt,  Biden's attacks were more distortions of the truth and outright lies. Say it enough times and ignorant voters will believe it.

Just now, nykolos said:

56 pages in 1 day, not surprised considering what a lightning rod Trump is, I underestimated Biden though, didn't think he would be as forceful considering his decline, But Joe's a politician and a coached one at that, instructed to show anger and conviction to make voters believe what you're saying is true, when in reality it's a lie..  Trump, no filter and no restraint, he could have done so much better on that front and talked directly the voters,  that aside, Trump beat Joe to the ground with his truth burning attacks, the kind that hurt,  Biden's attacks were more distortions of the truth and outright lies. Say it enough times and ignorant voters will believe it.

LOL, I started this thread over a year ago. :lol:  About 50 of those pages covered the other debates.

Biden was competent, which is all he needed to be frankly. Calling Trump a clown and telling him to shut up was not respectful at all. But Trump was all over the place, disrespected the format and the forum, and did not look well (a lot of sweat). I don't think the next debate will be any better, even with the debate commission changing the rules to allow the moderator to cut off mics for rulebreaking because of how awful this "debate" was.  

Trump is Trump as they say, and he's not going to change in the next debate. He's not going to address the voters, he's not going to stay on a topic, and he's not going to restrain himself. I honestly think that the format of the next presidential debate -- a town hall with voters -- could be even worse for him. What if he gets ticked off at a person asking a question and insults just a regular American voter? What person in their right mind would even want to take part -- if they rile up Trump, they are opening themselves up to doxxing. It's going to be horrible.

Filed: Timeline
40 minutes ago, nykolos said:

No, just 7 pages, because someone was ignorant enough to resurrect a dead thread, as opposed to starting a CURRENT one.

33 minutes ago, laylalex said:

LOL, I started this thread over a year ago. :lol:  About 50 of those pages covered the other debates.

Biden was competent, which is all he needed to be frankly. Calling Trump a clown and telling him to shut up was not respectful at all. But Trump was all over the place, disrespected the format and the forum, and did not look well (a lot of sweat). I don't think the next debate will be any better, even with the debate commission changing the rules to allow the moderator to cut off mics for rulebreaking because of how awful this "debate" was.  

Trump is Trump as they say, and he's not going to change in the next debate. He's not going to address the voters, he's not going to stay on a topic, and he's not going to restrain himself. I honestly think that the format of the next presidential debate -- a town hall with voters -- could be even worse for him. What if he gets ticked off at a person asking a question and insults just a regular American voter? What person in their right mind would even want to take part -- if they rile up Trump, they are opening themselves up to doxxing. It's going to be horrible.

I think they should have them in soundproof isolation booths and kill power and sound when they act stupid

57 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

No, just 7 pages, because someone was ignorant enough to resurrect a dead thread, as opposed to starting a CURRENT one.

Oh, lighten up! :lol: I have -- I will not report you calling me ignorant, even though (1) as the person who bumped the post (MY post, fwiw) is clearly me and (2) calling me ignorant is a personal attack.

32 minutes ago, laylalex said:

Oh, lighten up! :lol: I have -- I will not report you calling me ignorant, even though (1) as the person who bumped the post (MY post, fwiw) is clearly me and (2) calling me ignorant is a personal attack.

Hit the button Hit the button! 😀

If we could just elect someone with Trumps polices and Pence's professionalism 

Trump says he doesn't know who Proud Boys are, says 'let law enforcement do their work'

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-proud-boys-let-law-enforcement-work

17 hours ago, Burnt Reynolds said:

Dying..  :rofl:

I wonder who voted in Telemundo Twitter poll.  Because if it was just Cubans from Miami...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
29 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

If we could just elect someone with Trumps polices and Pence's professionalism 

Trump says he doesn't know who Proud Boys are, says 'let law enforcement do their work'

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-proud-boys-let-law-enforcement-work

Color me confused. No one but Trump mentioned the Proud Boys last night. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline
7 hours ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

I enjoyed watching Nate Silver explain why Biden had a 77% chance of winning and the media lapping it up.  I wanted to go psst that is the same guy that said Hillary had over a 90% chance

Funny, I think Trump has an 85% chance of winning

09/14/2012: Sent I-130
10/04/2012: NOA1 Received
12/11/2012: NOA2 Received
12/18/2012: NVC Received Case
01/08/2013: Received Case Number/IIN; DS-3032/I-864 Bill
01/08/2013: DS-3032 Sent
01/18/2013: DS-3032 Accepted; Received IV Bill
01/23/2013: Paid I-864 Bill; Paid IV Bill
02/05/2013: IV Package Sent
02/18/2013: AOS Package Sent
03/22/2013: Case complete
05/06/2013: Interview Scheduled

06/05/2013: Visa issued!

06/28/2013: VISA RECEIVED

07/09/2013: POE - EWR. Went super fast and easy. 5 minutes of waiting and then just a signature and finger print.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

05/06/2016: One month late - overnighted form N-400.

06/01/2016: Original Biometrics appointment, had to reschedule due to being away.

07/01/2016: Biometrics Completed.

08/17/2016: Interview scheduled & approved.

09/16/2016: Scheduled oath ceremony.

09/16/2016: THE END - 4 year long process all done!

Filed: Timeline
1 hour ago, laylalex said:

1) I thought it was that dude who told me to get a life who necromanced this thread.

2) You know where that button is.  But recognize that highlighting ignorance is NOT a personal attack.  It simply shows that someone didn't know any better.  Now you know better.

Edited by Voice of Reason

6 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Can you back that up at all?  I just searched the entire transcript, and not one mention of them by either candidate.

Trump said in reply to wallace  asking him to condemn white   supremacy, called on the Proud Boys to stand down and stand by. I thought it was odd since wallace did not mention them. Not sure why it would not be in the transcripts 

Edited by Nature Boy 2.0