laylalex

Is anyone watching the debates tonight and tomorrow?

1,276 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Cheburashka34 said:

Yeah they said mail in votes have to be in by like November 7th. 

I think the controversy is some states had postmarked by rules and others had "in-by" rules but the state changed the rules this year over concerns about mail delays and extra mail in Volume this year.

42 minutes ago, Cheburashka34 said:

Also, I don't understand how the election is actually going to be called and when with the mail in voting? Seems like a disaster and makes election day useless

Look at a handful of cases across the country, none more prominent than in CA with ballot harvesting, where ballots counted late resulted in flipped seats. This is why it will be critical for Trump to have observers and litigators on standby for any district that passes election day and is still receiving/counting votes.

This is of course a big concern for Republicans but I was surprised to see Trump at the debate on the topic of election integrity not even mention the delay tactic of preventing certain states from being counted (that he'd likely win but have Democrat or NeverTrump GOP state governments) could prevent Trump from getting to 270. If December 14th comes and goes and no one is above 270, the incoming House votes for President. Trump stands a good chance at even winning that (because of the way votes are counted are based on House votes per state rather than raw total votes like ordinary House votes) but nothing is certain, and by that point, if the election was riddled with that kind of delay for the Presidency, the House races would likely be muddled as well. This is where SCOTUS comes into play, whether its to stop vote counting (especially on the matter of late arriving votes or poll extensions), issue recounts, invalidate certain ballots, issue injunctions or rulings into voting/vote counting methods, etc. Amy Coney Barrett's vote will be extremely important, as there have already been over a half dozen to a dozen notable lawsuits by the GOP in the prior weeks to now and they've thus far succeeded (mainly on injunctions) in all but a couple cases.

Edited by Burnt Reynolds

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

I watched it. Both acted like their usual selves(not a compliment to either one of them), but I have to say it was pretty clear Trump had Biden exactly where he wanted him most of the time. I actually had pity for the latter. He seemed like he wasn't even sure what he was doing there.

Edited by OriZ
09/14/2012: Sent I-130
10/04/2012: NOA1 Received
12/11/2012: NOA2 Received
12/18/2012: NVC Received Case
01/08/2013: Received Case Number/IIN; DS-3032/I-864 Bill
01/08/2013: DS-3032 Sent
01/18/2013: DS-3032 Accepted; Received IV Bill
01/23/2013: Paid I-864 Bill; Paid IV Bill
02/05/2013: IV Package Sent
02/18/2013: AOS Package Sent
03/22/2013: Case complete
05/06/2013: Interview Scheduled

06/05/2013: Visa issued!

06/28/2013: VISA RECEIVED

07/09/2013: POE - EWR. Went super fast and easy. 5 minutes of waiting and then just a signature and finger print.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

05/06/2016: One month late - overnighted form N-400.

06/01/2016: Original Biometrics appointment, had to reschedule due to being away.

07/01/2016: Biometrics Completed.

08/17/2016: Interview scheduled & approved.

09/16/2016: Scheduled oath ceremony.

09/16/2016: THE END - 4 year long process all done!

12 minutes ago, OriZ said:

I watched it. Both acted like their usual selves(not a compliment to either one of them), but I have to say it was pretty clear Trump had Biden exactly where he wanted him most of the time. I actually had pity for the latter. He seemed like he wasn't even sure what he was doing there.

Rest assured, if Biden even does the subsequent debates (15th-Scully/22nd-Welker), the moderators will try and control things a lot more, especially the last one. Pence/Harris debate is on October 7th (next Wed I think) with Page of USA Today moderating.

The idiocy of Wallace (jumping in for Biden repeatedly, asking about condemning white supremacy yet again, etc) is basically the best one should expect, and that's largely because Scully hides his (established) bias quite well. In a world of decorum it would've been nice to just let the guys talk about their views in an orderly fashion, but lets be real, the main reason anyone watched was for the very cluster-you-know-what that was expected. 

While Biden made plenty of monumental screw-ups, the only thing he has going for him from the debate was that those screw-ups weren't nearly as bad as the ones he did on interviews (the ones he made even with the help of ear-pieces and prompters) recently, so maybe the drugs are working better.

Edited by Burnt Reynolds

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Was it just me, or was Biden doing a fair amount of reading his notes?  It almost seemed like every time Trump had 2 minutes, Biden was reading/rehearsing and not even listening to what Trump was saying.

He had a lot of downtime to study while Trump was a talking over Wallace

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Looks like he had time to adjust his wire, too.  Good for him.

Yes it looked like he was scratching his chest inside his jacket but I was curious...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I know the vice president debate will most likely be better, at least concerning Pence. He is so sweet and mild-mannered. Honestly, I'd like him to run for president sometime

I enjoyed watching Nate Silver explain why Biden had a 77% chance of winning and the media lapping it up.  I wanted to go psst that is the same guy that said Hillary had over a 90% chance

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

Was it just me, or was Biden doing a fair amount of reading his notes?  It almost seemed like every time Trump had 2 minutes, Biden was reading/rehearsing and not even listening to what Trump was saying.

I noticed him sometimes reading straight off them, but whatever.. of all the things, this doesn't matter to me at all.

The thing on his chest, though, looks so obscure it could just be lighting. An object at a high res should at least have some clarity, and this has no real form to it.. shadows can distort things as we saw with the infamous Trudeau eyebrow thing. So I'm in doubt that is anything at all. As for the left wrist, same thing, I don't trust Biden and don't put cheating beyond him, but I don't think that's anything either. The thing on his left arm looks like an actual object, I can't see anything related to communication being on his palm, but I have seen people wearing wrist/arm jewelry who don't bother looking in a mirror before an interview or conference have it sticking out of their cuffs. Noting that I don't ever see Biden without long sleeves, I have no basis of comparison. Experience tells me to use extreme caution on these two claims, and I'm going to presume there's logical explanations for them until someone gives more clear proof they are anything meaningful.

Edited by Burnt Reynolds

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

This is the fairest analysis (that I've seen, so far) of the debate:

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2020/09/30/will-you-shut-up-man-thoughts-on-that-debate-n2577191

Can't wait to read what Rush says.  By the way, Rush was certain that the debate would be canceled by Biden's side before it ever took place, so he was wrong.  Will be interesting to see how soon he mentions that or apologizes for it.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).