laylalex

Is anyone watching the debates tonight and tomorrow?

1,276 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Boiler said:

Teh media are expecting a Bernie pile on, s Mini Mike may get a bit of a pass.

Thinking about watching it with Jenn because she is an uber-Warren supporter and can be fun when she gets worked up about how much she hates Bloomberg, and hates that it's boiling down to a bunch of white men, most of them geriatric. I think Bernie was given too much of a pass last time because everyone was having a good time piling on Bloomberg. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I should stick to using a keyboard.

I am not sure it is a given that all the action will be Bernie directed, I think Warren is being seen as a non serious player so I doubt the focus will be on her. Biden may get a bit, especially his recent remark that he is standing for the Senate? They want to thin down the field and some are getting short of money and need a good result to keep it flowing. I think Warren is having issues in that direction so somehow she needs a win, just not sure where as Bernie seems to be in her lane and in front. 

Bernie is tricky to go after as he seems to just keep on saying what he has said for the last 30 years. Anything said to him just gets one of a few standard responses and loud applause from the Bros.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

I think your assessment is pretty accurate. Warren recently came in 2nd behind Bernie nationwide in a poll (CBS I think) so she's still very much in there. I have heard that Buttigieg's campaign is having problems doing the math to find a reasonable way forward for him, and he may throw in the towel very soon if SC is as much of a disaster for him as anticipated. God knows what Klobuchar is thinking. I think Biden may not survive Super Tuesday.

Timeline

I assume they all want to hang on, waiting for a brokered convention and hoping others will drop out.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

I genuinely do not believe there will be a brokered convention. I think that there is way too much riding on this election for even these huge egos to get in the way of party unity. A brokered convention is an exciting prospect but it's usually more exciting for the opposing party than the one suffering it. 

I wonder how much Bloomberg paid those people to scream every time he speaks.

2 minutes ago, laylalex said:

I wonder how much Bloomberg paid those people to scream every time he speaks.

Why is Warren lying? She straight up lied with that statement about her being let go because she was pregnant

Just now, Cyberfx1024 said:

Why is Warren lying? She straight up lied with that statement about her being let go because she was pregnant

So it's not a straight up lie. I'll see if I can find the article I read that did decent digging on the allegations. There was some sloppy recounting of the story on her side and some sloppy reporting. 

27 minutes ago, laylalex said:

Just turned on the debate. Norah O'Donnell is talking about cotton candy frappes.

Been watching since minute one. It certainly is testy tonight

Just now, laylalex said:

So it's not a straight up lie. I'll see if I can find the article I read that did decent digging on the allegations. There was some sloppy recounting of the story on her side and some sloppy reporting. 

No, it is not a straight up lie but it is false. She has been proved to have lied about it and of course there is no "real" reporting her at all

This is flat out funny, you can definitely tell that tonight is the make or break moment for many of them

Edited by Cyberfx1024

There's so much yelling and I'm not completely listening. Is there anything substantive coming out of this or is it just bickering?

1 minute ago, laylalex said:

There's so much yelling and I'm not completely listening. Is there anything substantive coming out of this or is it just bickering?

Not much actually. My wife noticed the bickering as well. Bloomberg flat out told Bernie that his policies won't work because there is no money for them. 

Biden had a awesome 2 minutes against your Silver Fox Steyer

Timeline

Biden said 150,000,000 killed on the streets since 2007.

I feel bad for trying to wrap up this chat so I can pay attention. But I mean, I am going to be married to him for the rest of my life and this is one moment in time! :P 

Just now, Boiler said:

Biden said 150,000,000 killed on the streets since 2007.

REALLY??? Missed that.