laylalex

Is anyone watching the debates tonight and tomorrow?

1,276 posts in this topic

I am accidentally watching the CNN Biden town hall commercial.  OMG The BS is high.

He just said Trump is guilty of interfering/weaponizing Justice Dept. He forgot his IG met with Clinton on the tarmac. 

Just said all 11 million illegals get amnesty 

No deportations unless committed a felony

This crapola is insane 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
12 hours ago, Ban Hammer said:

i just want mike bloomberg to quit the advertising on youtube.

So does Mini-Bone...

12 hours ago, laylalex said:

entitled, spoilt member of the moneyed class

He had debate prep, but it's thought that he didn't want to heed it because no one can tell him anything.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

9 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

So does Mini-Bone...

He had debate prep, but it's thought that he didn't want to heed it because no one can tell him anything.

I think that's it -- he's so insulated from reality that even though he's paying for help he doesn't think he actually has to pay attention. Money does tend to start distorting a person's view of the world -- I know it from my own experience. Humility and connection to the regular person become even more important, I think, the more you accumulate. Money's only a tool, like a plane to sand down and buff out the rough edges of the world. It shouldn't be a fortress and an end unto itself.

A propos of Bloomberg's statement during the debate about the women he had sign NDAs not finding his jokes funny, I just saw this on Facebook: 

JOKES I’VE TOLD THAT MY MALE COLLEAGUES DIDN’T LIKE

I like my men like I like my commuter car: silent.

My co-worker asked me why I seem so tense. I asked him why he was massaging my shoulders.

What’s completely original but said by two different people? My idea that Greg just repeated louder.

Is that a banana in your pocket or are you just actually that incapable of controlling yourself while in the presence of a female colleague?

Who always gives a thumbs up during meetings, but is all hands at Happy Hour? Greg.

What’s short, sloppy, and full of periods? Men’s emails.

What’s long, painstakingly proofread, and full of exclamation points? A woman’s email that will still be received as “kind of bitchy.”

Take my husband, for example! No, really, take him!

Why couldn’t the blonde dial 911? Because her manager said if she ever told anyone what happened, she’d never work in this town again.

https://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/jokes-ive-told-that-my-male-colleagues-didnt-like

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

If I was Greg I would not be very happy.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

1 minute ago, Boiler said:

If I was Greg I would not be very happy.

Greg might learn a lesson. :P 

It's been a while since I worked in an office (2014?) and I do NOT miss the casual sexism of having my ideas passed off by the Gregs of the world.

Timeline

I do not recollect that being an issue, admittedly there were not many females back when I started, well my first boss was one. I certainly did not, would not, male or female.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

58 minutes ago, Boiler said:

I do not recollect that being an issue, admittedly there were not many females back when I started, well my first boss was one. I certainly did not, would not, male or female.

I had both male and female bosses, and was fine with both. My greatest champion was a man, best boss I ever had. I never had to worry about him having my back. It was male colleagues-- really just two I remember-- who would rip off my ideas like literally in front of me in meetings, rephrasing what I had just said and they got the credit for the great plans. 

Anyway, I read this over the phone to Al earlier and at the end of it he said, "Of course their male colleagues didn't find any humor there. Women would have to be capable of being funny." Which I did not find particularly funny, but he found quite droll, particularly because he was enjoying how irritated I was by something he swears was a joke to begin with. (He assured me I am quite amusing, for a girl.)

2 minutes ago, ALFKAD said:

Back on topic...

We have one democratic candidate trying to buy the presidency with his own money, and several others trying to buy it with everyone else’s money.  

Isn't that the usual way though? Candidates rarely lean solely or largely on their own resources. Even Trump's campaign raises money. 

Timeline

Outside of the Billionaires it seems only Bernie has a war chest, the others are hurting.

1 minute ago, ALFKAD said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQhFODaer8w6hZBxTYmQlP

I really don't know what you meant by what you said then. Perhaps it is some male humor that's too nuanced. 

Filed: Timeline
13 hours ago, laylalex said:

I really don't know what you meant by what you said then. Perhaps it is some male humor that's too nuanced. 

It was a sleight-of-keyboard way of saying Bloomberg is trying to buy the presidency outright, while all the other candidates are trying to win with the promise of "free stuff", which anyone should know is not actually free, but the cost will be passed onto all of us, as opposed to the end user.

Timeline

Well looks like a clear win for Bernie and then Biden and Butterwhatever, Seems the B's have it. Unless you are Bloomberg.

Edited by Boiler