laylalex

Is anyone watching the debates tonight and tomorrow?

1,276 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, ALFKAD said:

To the debate?  Or the party?

I thought he meant the party, but I know I have a tendency to make it all about me.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
19 minutes ago, laylalex said:

It's only about 20 people. ALFKAD hasn't RSVP'd. :P Haven't seen yours either, Boiler.

Oh! And I owe you a Daily Mail thread. Sorry,  very overdue, I know. 

I have been doing my best to dig out, a lot of snow last night, I am going to have to send my apologies.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Just now, Boiler said:

I have been doing my best to dig out, a lot of snow last night, I am going to have to send my apologies.

I'll raise a glass to your health and digging skills. I'll get my sister to join me.

Timeline
1 hour ago, laylalex said:

I'll raise a glass to your health and digging skills. I'll get my sister to join me.

Got the truck stuck, County Plow pulled me out, then I helped some people from CA dig out  forgot to ask the lady is she could recommend a Stylist, sorry. Her name was Brittany just in case it may be somebody you know.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

2 hours ago, Boiler said:

I take it you have not been invited?

You forgot Trump is a racist dictator 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

That goes without saying.

2 hours ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

2 hours ago, Boiler said:

That goes without saying.

That's why he's not invited. He's not getting any of these salmon mini-puffs or the devils on horseback or the good whisky. :P Guests are arriving at 7:30, so maybe I can fit in some of the debate?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, laylalex said:

That's why he's not invited. He's not getting any of these salmon mini-puffs or the devils on horseback or the good whisky. :P Guests are arriving at 7:30, so maybe I can fit in some of the debate?

Do you have mini sausages wrapped in bacon?

1 minute ago, Boiler said:

Do you have mini sausages wrapped in bacon?

No. I find it hard to find the little ones like chipolatas here. Vienna sausages are NOT what I am looking for! If I want them, I have to remember to order them to be shipped. 

I also have my spinach and artichoke dip and some hummus, lots of veggies and some "everything" crackers and a couple of different kinds of pate (duck liver and country), plus some Coulommiers and Camembert and some decent Cheddar and some herbed goat cheese. Also a pan of lasagne (veggie) that I made this morning to be warmed up and a frittata with bacon and gruyere going in the oven in about an hour and a half. Alex can't eat the lasagne even though he adores it because it doesn't adore him. Nightshade family is no good for him. 🤢

Timeline
3 minutes ago, laylalex said:

No. I find it hard to find the little ones like chipolatas here. Vienna sausages are NOT what I am looking for! If I want them, I have to remember to order them to be shipped. 

I also have my spinach and artichoke dip and some hummus, lots of veggies and some "everything" crackers and a couple of different kinds of pate (duck liver and country), plus some Coulommiers and Camembert and some decent Cheddar and some herbed goat cheese. Also a pan of lasagne (veggie) that I made this morning to be warmed up and a frittata with bacon and gruyere going in the oven in about an hour and a half. Alex can't eat the lasagne even though he adores it because it doesn't adore him. Nightshade family is no good for him. 🤢

Well the Highway is closed so I have no opportunity, sounds like a good time is assured, admittedly taking the 🍷 presence as a given.

1 minute ago, Boiler said:

Well the Highway is closed so I have no opportunity, sounds like a good time is assured, admittedly taking the 🍷 presence as a given.

I haven't started yet, if you can believe it. Jenn, the lawyer friend, is arriving first at 7 and I'm holding off until then. 

I have the debate on now on Hulu (which I pay for, of course). Not much to do for about an hour, so I might as well watch.

Timeline

Jenn is the one with the hot client? There was one thing I was going to ask now I think of it, has she watched Lost in Austen? And if so what did she think?

Ha! Your memory is good. Yes, she has (had now?) the hot client that she felt ethically conflicted over. I do not know if she has seen Lost in Austen but I will ask before she has too many. I'm trying to broker a rapprochement between her and another friend of ours -- they had a stupid falling out this summer and haven't been speaking. 

Tom Steyer is wearing his awesome tie again!

Timeline

I forgot her name...

3 minutes ago, Boiler said:

I forgot her name...

I don't know if I mentioned? It's Jen. Jen and Jenn, confusingly. 

Steyer is quite fiery at the moment. Enjoying it.