laylalex

Is anyone watching the debates tonight and tomorrow?

1,276 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
12 hours ago, 90DayFinancier said:

Regardless of what Trump called her, what box she checked, what her Grandmother said about what tribes, what the Trumpanistas want to believe to make themselves feel better , she has genetic markers that can only come from the empirical fact that she has a Native American ancestors. 

If you have the ancestors and it doesn't appear, it does not disprove anything. If you have ancestry and the markers it is proof 99.99999% positive.

That is the science. That is truth.

I am not saying she has the right to identify as a Tribal member, but it certainly should be the sign that folks calling her a list should just hush.

If you have some plausible explanation for how a European might have Native American genes that doesn't involve KonTiki type voyages, please share.

Vikings? 

https://www.history.com/news/the-viking-explorer-who-beat-columbus-to-america

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Incoming wall of text for certain people to ignore:

What I find interesting, going over this last page, and reading more on this issue, in lefty circles is how bi-racial people tend to find it more lucrative to "identify" as the non-white part, or the near-purely-white people feel left out and try to substitute this, either with bashing white people endlessly, or by LARPing as something else, Dolezal/Warren style.

I have 13% native blood, mostly Choctaw, but a whole cocktail of other native DNA, thanks to our mother pimping out our DNA to Ancestry.com. Warren falsely claimed to be Cherokee. Yet, I'm not foolish enough to call myself a Native, least of all scummy enough to monetize it. The tribes themselves have rules about what constitutes a member of them, albeit, clearly arbitrary. Nonetheless, they don't recognize her, not by a long shot, and she never made any attempt to seriously "be" a Native. Native Americans weren't just distinct for their DNA. Warren had always identified herself as she actually is, which is white. And there's nothing wrong with being white, which I'll get to later.

I also have two half sisters. One of those half sisters is half-black, according to the fact that our mother is white and her father is black (there's a really cool story to be told somewhere about how biracial children develop, genetic strength/factors, which I've seen not only in my sister but in my own children who are half white half asian, just not in a politics thread). Yet, she doesn't go around trying to pimp her biracialness (if that's a word). 

The idea of "white privilege" was really one of last century and before. What's clear is, for my entire life, which is between 35 and 40 years, in lefty circles, the privilege is overwhelmingly non-white. In fact, pretty much all the described privileges are bunk, and the categories of privilege, like all cudgels we've seen lately, are merely designed as psychological weapons to beat political opponents into submission, although thanks to Antifa and others, some of those weapons to beat people into submission with have clearly started taking physical form as well.

Edited by Burnt Reynolds

Timeline

Well there is this:

Image result for warren native american"

Also amused how the situation has been reversed but that seems somehow ok.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

It doesn't matter at this point exactly what she lied about. She lied about being one of the most oppressed minorities in the country, the one that even gets forgotten about when people mention the marginalized in America. And personally, maybe when i was 15 and my mom told me I was native american, I'd believe it and think it was cool. I remember in middle school my full white friends would put on their facebook profiles part german part french part cuban part whatever (because they thought it was cool), but no one continued it further when they grew up. She was more than old enough and educated enough if she can get into harvard (apparently without using native american heritage to her advantage) to know you cannot claim to be something you have zero proof of. That was an excuse for her when she was 15, not 25 upwards in my opinion. I can't think of a single other candidate who lied about their race and I am sure she is not the only one who heard different stories of their heritage growing up, which is super common in north american households where people are 2, 3rd, 4th generation american/canadian or whatever. My husband's family still argues if they are german or scottish but no one puts either of those on their ethnicity profiles.  I personally cannot believe it is even being argued that lying about your heritage like that is somehow not that bad. 

and I agree, it seems to be a trend of the super left leaning to say they are the 1/15th marginalized race so they can pretend to "relate" to other people of colour, and not just a "white female who knows nothing about oppression". 

Edited by mandsophia

Timeline

Kamala Harris played around with it as well, admittedly not to the same extent.

10 minutes ago, mandsophia said:

It doesn't matter at this point exactly what she lied about. She lied about being one of the most oppressed minorities in the country, the one that even gets forgotten about when people mention the marginalized in America. And personally, maybe when i was 15 and my mom told me I was native american, I'd believe it and think it was cool. I remember in middle school my full white friends would put on their facebook profiles part german part french part cuban part whatever (because they thought it was cool), but no one continued it further. She was more than old enough and educated enough if she can get into harvard (apparently without using native american heritage to her advantage) to know you cannot claim to be something you have zero proof of. That was an excuse for her when she was 15, not 25 upwards in my opinion. I can't think of a single other candidate who lied about their race and I am sure she is not the only one who heard different stories of their heritage growing up, which is super common in north american households where people are 2, 3rd, 4th generation american/canadian or whatever. 

Lets not go assuming someone's age.. that's bigoted. For all we know, Elizabeth identifies as 10.

In fact, any day now I look forward to a Democrat politician filing lawsuits against Huggies for discriminating against 6ft6 50 year olds identifying as a newborn baby and being unable to wear a size 0 diaper.

Edited by Burnt Reynolds

Timeline
1 minute ago, Burnt Reynolds said:

Lets not go assuming someone's age.. that's bigoted. For all we know, Elizabeth identifies as 10.

Would she not need to identify as at least 35?

3 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Would she not need to identify as at least 35?

Only when being sworn in. She'd identify as 35 for a moment, and go back to being her real 10 year old self, or however she identified.. doesn't matter, only bigots question science. The beauty of age being fluid.

Edited by Burnt Reynolds

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Burnt Reynolds said:

Only when being sworn in. She'd identify as 35 for a moment, and go back to being her real 10 year old self, or however she identified.. doesn't matter, only bigots question science. The beauty of age being fluid.

I see. Shame this situation was not considered when the regulations were drafter, would avoid a lot of confusion.

Edited by Boiler

Straight from my report. Please refer to me as ** neanderthalensis  now. 

"You have more Neanderthal variants than 78% of 23andMe customers.
However, your Neanderthal ancestry accounts for less than 4% of your overall DNA."

Even if someone here was arguing about her "getting into Harvard" as a student (I don't know who that would be), the premise of being a pathetic sleazeball lying about one's ethnicity for personal gain is unequivocally the central issue. But it was a good two second ride on Pedantry St.

Edited by Burnt Reynolds

Well, again (at the risk of "riding on Pedantry Street" once more), if you do not know what you are saying is a mistruth, isn't it more correct to say that it is not true rather than saying it is a lie? All lies are mistruths (at least partially) but not all mistruths are lies.

33 minutes ago, laylalex said:

Well, again (at the risk of "riding on Pedantry Street" once more), if you do not know what you are saying is a mistruth, isn't it more correct to say that it is not true rather than saying it is a lie? All lies are mistruths (at least partially) but not all mistruths are lies.

ImdNyF1.jpg

Filed: Timeline
1 hour ago, laylalex said:

Lie (verb)

To give false information intentionally with intent to deceive.