laylalex

Is anyone watching the debates tonight and tomorrow?

1,276 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
1 hour ago, Boiler said:

what can be done?

Excellent question.

Current dual titles:  Big Chief Sitting Bolshevik / Big Chief Spewing Bull

Strip those.

New title:  Big Chief Stolen Valor

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

The point is

Why would she lie about her ethnicity,  unless she was trying to gain something?

Why hasnt she been disbarred for lying on her bar application?

In most places lying on job applications gets you fired.

Close your eyes and imagine the poop show if a conservative had been caught impersonating a minority for personal gain.

Of course there is no way a liberal college professor would lie to protect another radical liberal.

Dr Ford proved liberal academic types celebrate fabrications. 

But NB, if she didn't know it wasn't correct and she believed it to be true, it's not lying. It's just being misinformed. There are so many cases where people grow up thinking their entire family tree is white, and then it turns out their parent "passed" as white and never told them that they weren't "all white" (whatever that means). So if she was told "you're of Native American blood" from when she was a small child, why would she think to doubt it? I don't think it's a lie if you believe it to be true when you say it. That doesn't mean it isn't false.

Filed: Timeline
4 minutes ago, laylalex said:

But NB, if she didn't know it wasn't correct and she believed it to be true, it's not lying. It's just being misinformed. There are so many cases where people grow up thinking their entire family tree is white, and then it turns out their parent "passed" as white and never told them that they weren't "all white" (whatever that means). So if she was told "you're of Native American blood" from when she was a small child, why would she think to doubt it? I don't think it's a lie if you believe it to be true when you say it. That doesn't mean it isn't false.

If she thought that from a child onwards, it would have been on all her apps.  She wouldn't be going back and changing them later, would she?

1 minute ago, ALFKAD said:

If she thought that from a child onwards, it would have been on all her apps.  She wouldn't be going back and changing them later, would she?

Well, I am not as old as she is, so I don't know if it was always an option on all applications. And perhaps she thought sometimes it would be disadvantageous and sometimes it would be advantageous to mention it, as she really isn't (as she knew then) full-blooded Native American. The history of passing and code-switching in this country is complicated and as a white person I'm not really qualified to talk about it much. A good friend of mine is biracial and has at times called herself white, black, or biracial, as it suited her. Of course, all are true. 

28 minutes ago, laylalex said:

Well, I am not as old as she is, so I don't know if it was always an option on all applications. And perhaps she thought sometimes it would be disadvantageous and sometimes it would be advantageous to mention it, as she really isn't (as she knew then) full-blooded Native American. The history of passing and code-switching in this country is complicated and as a white person I'm not really qualified to talk about it much. A good friend of mine is biracial and has at times called herself white, black, or biracial, as it suited her. Of course, all are true. 

And if she put black on her paperwork in order to gain a hiring advantage, so be it.  She has that right via an honest claim.  Liawatha?  Not so much.  

43 minutes ago, laylalex said:

Omg sweet pea. She didnt know she wasnt an Indian of the non Patel variety?

You cant be serious!

35 minutes ago, laylalex said:

True for your friend not for pocahontas. 

I don't know, if my parents and grandparents had told me I was part something, I'd believe it. Why would I doubt it? Outward appearance doesn't always say everything. 

33 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

Omg sweet pea. She didnt know she wasnt an Indian of the non Patel variety?

You cant be serious!

Not that I believe Warren's claims one bit...  but I had this aunt, she always was a bit dotty upstairs, but she swore that she was Native American when I was little. Did the research, happy to report she was hilariously 100% German. Probably would have crushed her to know the truth (honestly swear she'd use bronzer.. and tried to style her hair like.. ugh it's so stupid). It's really weird how some people want to make themselves be another culture they are not, nor do I know why you'd make such an odd claim to try and get into a school. Now my other aunt that recently passed, she made similar claims, but she was correct in them. Her ancestors went waaaaaaay back to native indigenous peoples in Mexico and then later French settlers that intermarried before Texas even existed.

Edited by yuna628

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

25 minutes ago, laylalex said:

I don't know, if my parents and grandparents had told me I was part something, I'd believe it. Why would I doubt it? Outward appearance doesn't always say everything. 

Again... if she believed she was indian from birth, why wait until so late in life to use it on her apps?  One would think pride in heritage would have started at a much younger age.

Filed: O-2 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
1 hour ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

True for your friend not for pocahontas. 

Regardless of what Trump called her, what box she checked, what her Grandmother said about what tribes, what the Trumpanistas want to believe to make themselves feel better , she has genetic markers that can only come from the empirical fact that she has a Native American ancestors. 

If you have the ancestors and it doesn't appear, it does not disprove anything. If you have ancestry and the markers it is proof 99.99999% positive.

That is the science. That is truth.

I am not saying she has the right to identify as a Tribal member, but it certainly should be the sign that folks calling her a list should just hush.

If you have some plausible explanation for how a European might have Native American genes that doesn't involve KonTiki type voyages, please share.

Edited by 90DayFinancier

11 hours ago, 90DayFinancier said:

Regardless of what Trump called her, what box she checked, what her Grandmother said about what tribes, what the Trumpanistas want to believe to make themselves feel better , she has genetic markers that can only come from the empirical fact that she has a Native American ancestors. 

If you have the ancestors and it doesn't appear, it does not disprove anything. If you have ancestry and the markers it is proof 99.99999% positive.

That is the science. That is truth.

I am not saying she has the right to identify as a Tribal member, but it certainly should be the sign that folks calling her a list should just hush.

If you have some plausible explanation for how a European might have Native American genes that doesn't involve KonTiki type voyages, please share.

Oh dear God. 1/512 face palm