laylalex

Is anyone watching the debates tonight and tomorrow?

1,276 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Boiler said:

I am getting confused with the MIL

Is this the Cornfed MIL or the to be MIL?

LOL

This is the MIL-to-be. She's a widow and a potter (so that's why I was politely drinking out of a pottery "vessel"). The "cornfed" MIL is my ex's mum (more correctly the one who called ME cornfed, no one could ever accuse her of being cornfed -- she's of the brittle and painfully thin type). Both don't like me so they have that in common!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
24 minutes ago, laylalex said:

LOL

This is the MIL-to-be. She's a widow and a potter (so that's why I was politely drinking out of a pottery "vessel"). The "cornfed" MIL is my ex's mum (more correctly the one who called ME cornfed, no one could ever accuse her of being cornfed -- she's of the brittle and painfully thin type). Both don't like me so they have that in common!

Have they met?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

6 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Have they met?

Yes, a couple of times I know of but not since about 2006 or 2007. It's been a while. They're not really very much alike. Alex's mum dresses like she just ran out of a Stevie Nicks convention and the ex-MIL is all neatly tailored tweeds/cashmere sweaters, etc. 

She would kill me if she knew I described her like that! She's over on the other side of the room at the moment poking aggressively at the fire with an iron and I keep thinking I wouldn't do that with a gauzy scarf on. No one feels like bed yet. 

38 minutes ago, Boris Farage said:

Here's your prize. :whistle:

red-flags-iStock.jpg

Very funny, Boris. What would you say your red flags are? I mean, we all have them. You told me yourself the other week.

Filed: IR-5 Country: England
Timeline
27 minutes ago, laylalex said:

Very funny, Boris. What would you say your red flags are? I mean, we all have them. You told me yourself the other week.

My red flags? All mine are green. I'm the perfect catch. ;)

-

“He’s in there fighting,” the president said. “Boris knows how to win.”

Timeline

In truth though, you already know my red flags. I expect my woman to be traditional, and for her to expect me to be traditional. She is to be a lady, and I a gentleman. I don't need a liberated woman who thinks I'm just some bloody cog in the patriarchy, and I don't need a woman with whom I have to justify my existence every minute of the day. In exchange, I will take care of her, she will be safe, and very well pampered.

-

Timeline
3 hours ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

I have had to show and teach my wife how to rack my Glock .40 so she can shoot it

Shown my too but she still hands it to me to do. I think it is a control issue problem she has but she is a lot younger and hot so I am good with it for now. 

18 minutes ago, Boris Farage said:

My red flags? All mine are green. I'm the perfect catch. ;)

Huh. That's not what your ex told me when we were on the women's march together. :mellow: :P 

13 minutes ago, Boris Farage said:

In truth though, you already know my red flags. I expect my woman to be traditional, and for her to expect me to be traditional. She is to be a lady, and I a gentleman. I don't need a liberated woman who thinks I'm just some bloody cog in the patriarchy, and I don't need a woman with whom I have to justify my existence every minute of the day. In exchange, I will take care of her, she will be safe, and very well pampered.

Yes, and I had mentioned that that was something I thought I was comfortable with at one point in my life. And I was kept safe and pampered and well taken care of, but in the end it was too suffocating, and his idea of "traditional" meant me being submissive to his every whim. I... just can't do that, and I think a lot of women will have problems with that. It's possible to make a man feel, well, manly without needing to bow down to him.

Edit to add: Night all -- my caveman is dragging me off to the cave. He didn't even need to slap me to convince me to do so, @Boris Farage. :D 

Edited by laylalex

Timeline
1 minute ago, laylalex said:

Yes, and I had mentioned that that was something I thought I was comfortable with at one point in my life. And I was kept safe and pampered and well taken care of, but in the end it was too suffocating, and his idea of "traditional" meant me being submissive to his every whim. I... just can't do that, and I think a lot of women will have problems with that. It's possible to make a man feel, well, manly without needing to bow down to him.

I've never expected a woman to bow down to me... at least not outside the bedroom. ;) My marriage expectations are fifty-fifty. We each fill our role. Don't try to wear the pants, and I won't try to wear the heels. Know your role, and I promise I will know mine. It's really that simple.

It is unfortunate you couldn't keep your promise to your ex. Maybe you're just not very good at spotting red flags. :whistle:

-

I'm either suffering from dyspepsia or I just can't stomach the raw male animal power here. 

BACK TO TOPIC! I was reading today that money is flowing into Buttigieg's coffers, leading some pundits to wonder if he's going to take up the mantle of leading moderate voice once Biden's out of the running (and that's pretty imminent -- I give it until Iowa at the very, very latest). I keep an open mind. I think that we have something of the inverse of 2016, when we had Bernie nudging Hillary to the left -- now we have Buttigieg and Klobuchar and Gabbard nudging Warren (and yeah, she's the frontrunner now) to the centre. We'll see how successful they might be. 

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

45 minutes ago, elmcitymaven said:

I'm either suffering from dyspepsia or I just can't stomach the raw male animal power here. 

BACK TO TOPIC! I was reading today that money is flowing into Buttigieg's coffers, leading some pundits to wonder if he's going to take up the mantle of leading moderate voice once Biden's out of the running (and that's pretty imminent -- I give it until Iowa at the very, very latest). I keep an open mind. I think that we have something of the inverse of 2016, when we had Bernie nudging Hillary to the left -- now we have Buttigieg and Klobuchar and Gabbard nudging Warren (and yeah, she's the frontrunner now) to the centre. We'll see how successful they might be. 

I don't think Buttigieg is a bad guy out of all of them you know. I'm not sure if he's cut to be Pres... but hey these days apparently.. anyone has a shot.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Timeline
1 hour ago, yuna628 said:

I don't think Buttigieg is a bad guy out of all of them you know. I'm not sure if he's cut to be Pres... but hey these days apparently.. anyone has a shot.

Butt man is a good one and he would make a good choice but Trump would take him in the election.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, elmcitymaven said:

i think it's all a plot to have hillary show up as the moderate among this band of fruitcakes.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline
2 hours ago, Ban Hammer said:

i think it's all a plot to have hillary show up as the moderate among this band of fruitcakes.

I would so love her to get the nod and would write a check for her. To see her destroyed and her fans melt down again would be awesome and worth every penny. Lose to Obama and then Trump twice would be epic. Life is good again and seeing the demise of the KKK Democratic party in my lifetime is satisfying.