laylalex

Is anyone watching the debates tonight and tomorrow?

1,276 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
5 minutes ago, laylalex said:

Tonight I have a crystal tumbler! I stood my ground with my MIL to be and said that while I thought her vessels were lovely (and they are), they really weren't suitable for drinking whisky. The Glasgow solicitor said, good on ye lass, or something like that. MIL was not impressed by either of us but I am glad to have an ally up here. 

I asked the Glasgow solicitor what he thought about Warren's age since it hadn't come up. He said that he thought it seemed like less of an issue for her because she clearly has energy and looks a lot healthier than Biden (whom he called overly made up with pancake makeup) and Bernie ("geriatric"). Also -- and he said this looking at Al's mother when he said this -- it's well known that a woman ages better than a man does in terms of health and stamina. She looked pleased (which she was until I insisted on the tumbler). So whether this was said because he believes it or he just wants to get some tonight I do not know! :lol: 

Now you need to ask her for a cuppa tea in one of her fine vessels to appease her.

Filed: Timeline
6 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

I have had to show and teach my wife how to rack my Glock .40 so she can shoot it

Mine knows how.  The issue (from a firearms instructor and safety standpoint) is that while she can DO it, it is not the controlled event it needs to be.  Go to a gun shop and rack them side by side,  or better yet,  have HER do it.  You'll quickly see what I mean.

1 minute ago, ALFKAD said:

Now you need to ask her for a cuppa tea in one of her fine vessels to appease her.

I wish that was all that's necessary! If I offered to pay to fix the ceiling in the dining room, maybe. I'm not exactly the most popular person here.

On an unrelated note, I think my official engagement is tomorrow night and I am getting a little excited about it. :D 

16 minutes ago, Boris Farage said:

You make a good point. The white male card is of course the gold standard. But the wealthy white female and middle-class white female cards aren't far behind.

I am not disagreeing that being white gives me a good amount of privilege, but it's silly to think that there are "cards" anyway. We have the set of advantages and disadvantages that we are born with and earn, and some of these can change and some can't. 

But if there are cards, yeah, wealthy, straight, while male is probably the best one to have. What's yours look like, @Boris Farage?

Filed: IR-5 Country: England
Timeline
3 minutes ago, laylalex said:

I wish that was all that's necessary! If I offered to pay to fix the ceiling in the dining room, maybe. I'm not exactly the most popular person here.

On an unrelated note, I think my official engagement is tomorrow night and I am getting a little excited about it. :D 

Will your fiance be slapping you before he drags you by the hair into his cave, or after? :whistle:

2 minutes ago, laylalex said:

But if there are cards, yeah, wealthy, straight, while male is probably the best one to have. What's yours look like, @Boris Farage?

24k gold, mounted in gilded frame and lit with soft, tasteful art lighting. ;)

-

“He’s in there fighting,” the president said. “Boris knows how to win.”

6 minutes ago, Boris Farage said:

Will your fiance be slapping you before he drags you by the hair into his cave, or after? :whistle:

Honestly, I shouldn't even dignify this with a reply. But no, there will be no slapping before he has the ring for me, which I guess is probably going to be after dinner. Whatever happens after then...well, it's none of your business what we get up to when we celebrate. :P

10 minutes ago, Boris Farage said:

24k gold, mounted in gilded frame and lit with soft, tasteful art lighting. ;)

:rolleyes: What, they didn't give you the platinum one? Alex's is platinum. 

Timeline
16 minutes ago, laylalex said:

:rolleyes: What, they didn't give you the platinum one? Alex's is platinum. 

Didn't you know? Men who slap when they fight have their cards replaced with a bronze ovary. ;)

-

57 minutes ago, Boris Farage said:

You make a good point. The white male card is of course the gold standard. But the wealthy white female and middle-class white female cards aren't far behind.

Thank you for proving my point, dear Boris. It does take a man to tell a woman the value of her... card.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

4 minutes ago, Boris Farage said:

Didn't you know? Men who slap when they fight have their cards replaced with a bronze ovary. ;)

And how do you fight? You've never slapped someone before?

Timeline
4 minutes ago, elmcitymaven said:

Thank you for proving my point, dear Boris. It does take a man to tell a woman the value of her... card.

Always happy to be of service, dear Maven. If ever I can help to clarify matters, do let me know. ;)

Just now, laylalex said:

And how do you fight? You've never slapped someone before?

Fisticuffs, like any good Englishman worthy of the title. It is my experience that "men" who fight other men with an open hand use a closed hand for their women.

-

4 minutes ago, Boris Farage said:

Fisticuffs, like any good Englishman worthy of the title. It is my experience that "men" who fight other men with an open hand use a closed hand for their women.

:rolleyes:

I can assure you, I am safe in his hands. Slaps are reserved only for boors.

Timeline
1 minute ago, laylalex said:

:rolleyes:

I can assure you, I am safe in his hands. Slaps are reserved only for boors.

Slaps are also for women who ask me nicely, in the correct circumstances. ;)

But you shouldn't refer to your fiance as a boor. That's my job. :whistle:

-

3 minutes ago, Boris Farage said:

Slaps are also for women who ask me nicely, in the correct circumstances. ;)

Ew, gross. 🤮 You would be into that sort of thing. Well, it just so happens that Alex is not a boor, though I appreciate that you are now calling him my fiance. :D I have won this war!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I am getting confused with the MIL

Is this the Cornfed MIL or the to be MIL?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”