laylalex

Is anyone watching the debates tonight and tomorrow?

1,276 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: England
Timeline
13 minutes ago, laylalex said:

Oh, I think the link may not work because it might require you to be in the UK. No crystal tumbler, sorry -- I'm having it out of a pottery mug (I did not argue with the MIL to be when she gave it to me).

Pottery? I weep at the thought. :(

Please, at least find a glass. This whiskey deserves at least that. And please put me in touch with your MIL to be, so I may instruct her on the proper pouring and consumption of a fine whiskey.

-

“He’s in there fighting,” the president said. “Boris knows how to win.”

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

You guys keep talking about Whiskey like your Gentlemen, all the while I am over here sipping on some Tequila. If you want a good Tequila that won't break the bank thank check out Olmeca Reposado 

I do fancy a good tequila on special occasions where I plan on waking up on a dirty floor with no idea where I am. :lol:

-

16 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

You guys keep talking about Whiskey like your Gentlemen, all the while I am over here sipping on some Tequila. If you want a good Tequila that won't break the bank thank check out Olmeca Reposado 

You are very welcome to come join me in the library and bring your tequila. 😊 It's kind of chilly but there's a fire in the fireplace. I could use some American company and I won't make you face any of the Scottish lunatics in the other room! :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Boris Farage said:

Pottery? I weep at the thought. :(

Please, at least find a glass. This whiskey deserves at least that. And please put me in touch with your MIL to be, so I may instruct her on the proper pouring and consumption of a fine whiskey.

Do you think it would be rude to ask her? She's a potter, so they are her vessels (she calls them vessels), so I worry it would be rude. I did note that her boyfriend got a tumbler. He's AWFUL, drives a Lamborghini and has the worst eyebrows ever (very bushy) but she seems to be into him and he's rich, so that's what's imprtant, I guess. These people are lunatics, did I mention that???

Also, we are in Scotland so it is whisky here, not whiskey. :P I have been reminded too many times.

Timeline
46 minutes ago, laylalex said:

Did you WANT to see Klobuchar's chest? Warren's? Harris's?

Actually, @Boris Farage, question: this is what we're drinking tonight: https://www.malts.com/en-gb/our-whisky-brands/special-releases-2019/mortlach-26-year-old/

I think I like it -- do you have any thoughts? It's making this evening less painful -- my MIL-to-be has already told me to my face that she was disappointed in how I treated my ex... even though this means that since I'm no longer with him, I can make her son happy. Also, she asked me if a prenup was absolutely necessary, and if it is, could I please make some sort of promise to her to keep the family home standing? Alex was mortified and then his sister piped up that I did treat my ex rather poorly, even if it is to her benefit, and it wasn't fair that I got all that money in the divorce and that it was my separate property that Al couldn't touch. And I was like, are you reading up on California divorce law? And she just laughed and said MAYBE! 😧

Anyway, I am now hiding from everyone in the library with some of this and I think I rather like it!

Scotch is nasty and should be poured down a drain. Bourbon was invented so civilized people can drink booze.

29 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Cuervo gold or any blue agave or one will never be invited inside my home. Patio is OK though for poor people who can't afford good stuff.

29 minutes ago, laylalex said:

Oh, I think the link may not work because it might require you to be in the UK. No crystal tumbler, sorry -- I'm having it out of a pottery mug (I did not argue with the MIL to be when she gave it to me). 

Why am I not surprised about Harris. :rolleyes:

Hell drink out of a bowl or the bottle itself if no one is around. Why waste time getting up and risk injury getting a nice receptacle?

6 minutes ago, luckytxn said:

Scotch is nasty and should be poured down a drain. Bourbon was invented so civilized people can drink booze.

You can't say that up here or they will kill you!!! (Probably.) 

Timeline
21 minutes ago, laylalex said:

Do you think it would be rude to ask her? She's a potter, so they are her vessels (she calls them vessels), so I worry it would be rude. I did note that her boyfriend got a tumbler. He's AWFUL, drives a Lamborghini and has the worst eyebrows ever (very bushy) but she seems to be into him and he's rich, so that's what's imprtant, I guess. These people are lunatics, did I mention that???

Also, we are in Scotland so it is whisky here, not whiskey. :P I have been reminded too many times.

It would be rude NOT to ask her for a proper vessel. Is her boyfriend from the continent? I'm picturing a track suit and gold chains...

9 minutes ago, luckytxn said:

Hell drink out of a bowl or the bottle itself if no one is around. Why waste time getting up and risk injury getting a nice receptacle?

Et tu lucktxn? :(

-

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Boris Farage said:

It would be rude NOT to ask her for a proper vessel. Is her boyfriend from the continent? I'm picturing a track suit and gold chains...

Et tu lucktxn? :(

Won't admit that it has happened to me at all but will only say that it can happen so it is a valid statement.

5 minutes ago, Boris Farage said:

No, he's from Glasgow so I don't think the tracksuit and gold chains is that far from reality!!! :lol:  He's a solicitor and he just moved to a nearby town for a quieter life and picked up the MIL at the post office. 

My ex used to say this thing about people who drive Lamborghinis, which I completely forget now that I wish I remember because it was so cutting. 

3 hours ago, laylalex said:

It's just sad to me that candidates are co

Yes. Pretends. What, you and your special "lady from the North" don't have in jokes? This is an in joke. He knows about my strong feelings about women being taken seriously as human beings and he likes to rib me a little, because he thinks it's cute when I get upset. Or pretend to get upset.

So this doesn't make YOU an unreconstructed brute???? I mean, that is LITERALLY what Alex said in our hangouts chat -- that she was speaking too much for his liking. So it's okay when you say it but not when he does?????

You too! I am very disappointed. :( 

Why do you guys pretend to be upset. why cant you just discuss things without causing stress and drama ?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, laylalex said:

No, he's from Glasgow so I don't think the tracksuit and gold chains is that far from reality!!! :lol:  He's a solicitor and he just moved to a nearby town for a quieter life and picked up the MIL at the post office.

All you had to say was "Glasgow." :whistle:

2 minutes ago, laylalex said:

My ex used to say this thing about people who drive Lamborghinis, which I completely forget now that I wish I remember because it was so cutting. 

I don't know what your ex said, but in my experience Lambos are strictly Russian and Arab transportation.

-

Just now, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

Why do you guys pretend to be upset. why cant you just discuss things without causing stress and drama ?

Hey, we're having a fun time here now! :) We're talking about whisky and tequila and bourbon.

2 minutes ago, Boris Farage said:

All you had to say was "Glasgow." :whistle:

I don't know what your ex said, but in my experience Lambos are strictly Russian and Arab transportation.

😂😂😂

Yes, it was something JUST like that! 

11 minutes ago, luckytxn said:

Well I wouldn't say that up there but will down here where I am armed.

They have knives here. And fists. FIsts too.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, laylalex said:

😂😂😂

Yes, it was something JUST like that! 

They have knives here. And fists. FIsts too.

I do too and have a few (dozen) firearms also so it is all good.