Dman2019

Annulment

37 posts in this topic

On 7/24/2019 at 12:02 AM, Dman2019 said:

My finance and I are looking for a goog annulment attorney with a good reputation of getting speedy annulment. It’s my understanding the right attorney can help speed it through as long as you are willing to pay. Can anyone suggest one with these abilities?

Yes thanks so much. We really long to be together where I can provide her the life she deserves. Thank to all

Anyway you look at it you are looking at a minimum of 2 years+ and in excess of 5k USD (much more if they find out your fiancee has a foreigner fiance especially an American). Lawyers in the Philippines can bill themselves as getting the job done fast, but beware they have NO control of when  court cases are heard or who the judge is. Best to research a given area in the Philippines where annulments are usually granted. Just because she files for annulment does not necessarily mean she'll get it. Throw out what you know about American divorces meaning don't compare them to an annulment. There are only a few grounds for an annulment and there is no such thing as a no fault annulment.

As what was pointed out by one VJer it WILL NOT be cheap or will it be fast. Lots of questions you need to ask yourself before you undertake this venture as I gather you will be bank rolling the process. I am speaking from experience so I know what I am talking about. You are welcomed to pm me and I'll give you the low down and dirty!!!!!!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

20 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

Anyway you look at it you are looking at a minimum of 2 years+ and in excess of 5k USD (much more if they find out your fiancee has a foreigner fiance especially an American). Lawyers in the Philippines can bill themselves as getting the job done fast, but beware they have NO control of when  court cases are heard or who the judge is. Best to research a given area in the Philippines where annulments are usually granted. Just because she files for annulment does not necessarily mean she'll get it. Throw out what you know about American divorces meaning don't compare them to an annulment. There are only a few grounds for an annulment and there is no such thing as a no fault annulment.

As what was pointed out by one VJer it WILL NOT be cheap or will it be fast. Lots of questions you need to ask yourself before you undertake this venture as I gather you will be bank rolling the process. I am speaking from experience so I know what I am talking about. You are welcomed to pm me and I'll give you the low down and dirty!!!!!!

Wow, Sound a royal PITA.

ChickBoy

There are no fast nor cheap ways of gaining an annulment in the Philippines.  If anyone is telling you one or the other, they are selling you snake oil.  Besides the attorney costs, expect additional court costs, psych analysis and funds to "grease the wheels" to move things along.  All in all, ours took over 2 years to get the process moving to getting final court decree.  Last piece was that it was "sitting on the judges desk" waiting to be signed.  That's code for we need additional payments in order to get that signature.

x

2 hours ago, Scott Br said:

There are no fast nor cheap ways of gaining an annulment in the Philippines.  If anyone is telling you one or the other, they are selling you snake oil.  Besides the attorney costs, expect additional court costs, psych analysis and funds to "grease the wheels" to move things along.  All in all, ours took over 2 years to get the process moving to getting final court decree.  Last piece was that it was "sitting on the judges desk" waiting to be signed.  That's code for we need additional payments in order to get that signature.

I know people who found a fixer and got it done for $5000 and in 6 months.  Everything was fine until the interview when the CO noticed that it was a forgery...they had to start over from scratch and the idea of the quick annulment quickly dissipated.

My wife's annulment took 2 years and cost 350,000 pesos (around $7000 in today's dollars).  That was when there was a lot of money under the table to speed things up a bit.  

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

1 hour ago, Falcon Cara said:

You boys are doing it all wrong.

I almost have to beat the woman off with a stick when I am in Philippines.  I hear pogi and gwapo so much I think it's my name in the Philippines.......

I get that a lot as well and what's funny is my wife when we were still dating had to tell a girl that worked at a local bakery that "If she ever spoke to me again then she would drag her in the street and scrap her face on the road". This is all because the girl was asking questions about why I was there up in the mountains of Compostela Valley. When I showed her the picture of my then gf now wife she responded by saying "Oh I am pretty than her. Why don't you come stay with me instead". 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

I get that a lot as well and what's funny is my wife when we were still dating had to tell a girl that worked at a local bakery that "If she ever spoke to me again then she would drag her in the street and scrap her face on the road". This is all because the girl was asking questions about why I was there up in the mountains of Compostela Valley. When I showed her the picture of my then gf now wife she responded by saying "Oh I am pretty than her. Why don't you come stay with me instead". 

Was she prettier?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

12 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Was she prettier?

She was pretty I will say that. But she basically had a layer of that stupid whitening cream on her face and her arms which is a big turn off to me because I like darker women like my wife. That is why I usually stuck around Bisaya women because they are darker and prettier to me. 

The icing on the cake though was that my wife's family and that girl's family knew each other. So it was a big insult to my wife.  

Edited by Cyberfx1024

While the stories of the encounters of local women in the Philippines is somewhat awkwardly entertaining to read... let's try to stay on topic please. 

😉

P.S. You are free to PM more of those stories

Edited by Unlockable

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

15 hours ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

She was pretty I will say that. But she basically had a layer of that stupid whitening cream on her face and her arms which is a big turn off to me because I like darker women like my wife. That is why I usually stuck around Bisaya women because they are darker and prettier to me. 

The icing on the cake though was that my wife's family and that girl's family knew each other. So it was a big insult to my wife.  

Bisayan all the way 😉

I remember when I was in the search phase. If someone said they were separated or "divorced" I just moved on. I knew it was a non-starter. I had already read and heard about enough annulment and divorce horror stories by then. I do feel sorry for the woman who are trapped in this situation. Can't divorce. Can't remarry. For someone who is unaware of the divorce laws in the Philippines it can quickly became a quagmire that takes a lot of money and more important to some of us...your time.

Edited by boris64

Finally done...

My latest annulment story...I have a friend who is engaged to a Filipino from Batangas.  They filed over a year ago and everything was fine until her ex husband showed to to say he is not fighting the annulment.  Since annulments cannot be issued for couples who both agree on the annulment they have a  huge challenge in the courts now.  We don't know if the ex husband knew this or if he was just trying to be nice.  My guess is he knew that if he didn't fight the annulment it can't happen.  

It seems backwards but annulments are only given in cases where one of the parties object or one of the parties doesn't respond to the court dates.  If they both want the annulment it can't happen!  This is so weird to me.  My friend is there now to speak to the lawyer.

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
15 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

My latest annulment story...I have a friend who is engaged to a Filipino from Batangas.  They filed over a year ago and everything was fine until her ex husband showed to to say he is not fighting the annulment.  Since annulments cannot be issued for couples who both agree on the annulment they have a  huge challenge in the courts now.  We don't know if the ex husband knew this or if he was just trying to be nice.  My guess is he knew that if he didn't fight the annulment it can't happen.  

It seems backwards but annulments are only given in cases where one of the parties object or one of the parties doesn't respond to the court dates.  If they both want the annulment it can't happen!  This is so weird to me.  My friend is there now to speak to the lawyer.

Actually that makes sense.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

5 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Actually that makes sense.

I guess an annulment is not a divorce.  I just felt bad that my friend already spent $5K and is a year in and just now the husband who has no contact with them can just state that he agrees and the annulment goes away.

IMG_5168.jpeg

On 7/31/2019 at 11:46 AM, John & Rose said:

Humm that's strange because with us it was just the opposite. If both parties agree then that's a good thing, what some Filipinos do is when they find out that their separated partner has a foreigner  for a boyfriend or girlfriend they try to extort money to agree to the annulment. If the separated spouse who wants the annulment does not pay then the other spouse refuses to sign and agree to the annulment.

I think what you may be referring to is a word we are all to familiar with collusion. If it is found (and they check) if there is any collusion between the parties wanting to annul then the case can not proceed. This is all as of 2018. Again both parties must agree to the annulment before it can proceed. If one does not want the annulment then there is a gridlock until one of the parties agrees. That's Pinoy revenge, as there is NO no fault annulments!!!!!! Check it out

In this case collusion meaning that there are no grounds for annulment and both parties just want to annul for the sake of moving on etc!!!

Edited by Sarge2155

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 8/1/2019 at 12:46 AM, John & Rose said:

I would like to give my experience regarding this.

I had my annulment done 4 years ago. My ex from the start wasn't cooperating (not fighting the annulment) which my lawyer said will work in our advantage as long as the summons or letters from the court are being received by the other party.

I got my annulment finality after 2 years.

Only thing is you really need alot of patience and of course a lot of money. Spent a total of $7000 dollars (P350,000).

HTH.

Edited by 0NI

ROC filed September 9 2024

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.