Tony999

100% of the Federal poverty guidelines? 125% for I-130

70 posts in this topic

I was going to petition my fiancée for a k1 visa. I've just started reading about it for the past few day. Just now on one website I read for the first time.

"The U.S. citizen partner must meet certain income requirements, earning at least 100% of the federal poverty guidelines when applying for the fiancé visa, and earning 125% of these guidelines when the foreign partner applies for his or her green card."
It says 125% for the  I-130 petition, “IR1 / CR1 process”).

I'm on SSI getting 760$ or whatever it is. Is the idea of a  K1 visa really gone for us?  So does that mean we can't do this at all, or what? I've seen something about a sponsor for the I-130 petition, “IR1 / CR1 process.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
1 minute ago, Tony999 said:

I was going to petition my fiancée for a k1 visa. I've just started reading about it for the past few day. Just now on one website I read for the first time.

"The U.S. citizen partner must meet certain income requirements, earning at least 100% of the federal poverty guidelines when applying for the fiancé visa, and earning 125% of these guidelines when the foreign partner applies for his or her green card."

I'm on SSI getting 760$ or whatever it is. Is the idea of a  K1 visa really gone for us?  So does that mean we can't do this at all, or what? I've seen something about a sponsor for the I-130 petition, “IR1 / CR1 process.

You can use a joint sponsor if the petitioner doesn’t meet the requirements . This applies for both K1 and the subsequent Adjustment of Status , and the CR1 Spousal visa 

Edited by Lil bear

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, Tony999 said:

Joint sponsor for the IR Visa is a possibility 

YMMV

First off Thank you to everyone for responding, and this wonderful forum. I will find a way to donate, once I complete this crazy trail.   I know the cost of life here in the US, I know she will not be able to work for many months. The cost of immigration is about 3K or more for us including everything. She's in the Philippines on Mindanao, flights to and from Manila, then the US.  It's the paperwork and that side of things. Who gets what fee, I'm scared of. Because I'm going to have to do my end and tell her how to do her stuff. I would have no chance without your help. Please and thank you for all of your help. I have a bad heart and this has already been very stressful. I guess if we need a sponsor either way. Maybe the CR1 Spousal visa is best, but I worry about getting advice, as less people know about that.  

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

First off Thank you to everyone for responding, and this wonderful forum. I will find a way to donate, once I complete this crazy trail.   I know the cost of life here in the US, I know she will not be able to work for many months. The cost of immigration is about 3K or more for us including everything. She's in the Philippines on Mindanao, flights to and from Manila, then the US.  It's the paperwork and that side of things. Who gets what fee, I'm scared of. Because I'm going to have to do my end and tell her how to do her stuff. I would have no chance without your help. Please and thank you for all of your help. I have a bad heart and this has already been very stressful. I guess if we need a sponsor either way. Maybe the CR1 Spousal visa is best, but I worry about getting advice, as less people know about that.  

Your wrong,  a lot of people know about spousal visas.  There is  a Philippines regional forum that knows just about everything as it relates to the Manila embassy 

YMMV

4 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

Where in Mindanao does your fiance live if you don't mind me asking, and has she ever worked abroad? I am asking this to see if you will need more than 1 trip to Manila to do everything. This is honestly the biggest issue with having a fiance in the provinces of Mindanao is the traveling back and forth to Manila for stuff. My wife is from Compostela Valley Province by the way. 

2 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Your wrong,  a lot of people know about spousal visas.  There is  a Philippines regional forum that knows just about everything as it relates to the Manila embassy 

Also the FB Filipino visa group called "Visa Approved" is notoriously awful about giving out bad advice.

5 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Where in Mindanao does your fiance live if you don't mind me asking, and has she ever worked abroad? I am asking this to see if you will need more than 1 trip to Manila to do everything. This is honestly the biggest issue with having a fiance in the provinces of Mindanao is the traveling back and forth to Manila for stuff. My wife is from Compostela Valley Province by the way. 

She Lives in Purok Rizal,Bacolod Ozamiz City,Misamis Occidental??? Great point, she did work in Dubai not sure if it was more than six months. 

Edited by Tony999

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

She Lives in Purok Rizal,Bacolod Ozamiz City,Misamis Occidental??? Great point, she did work in Dubai not sure if it was more than six months. 

Doesn't matter,  she won't be getting a PC from UAE since she is no longer there 

YMMV

2 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

Really? Oh my gosh. Could you give me some idea's on what made it cost so much. Wow Yea that's more than I can drop.

Well you are lucky because the US Embassy in Manila is a relatively easy embassy to go through. Some other countries are really read hard and require alot of work in order to get a visa from the embassy. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.