Libin222

Rough timeline after USCIS I-130 approval?

12 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Libin222 said:

Rough timeline after USCIS I-130 approval? Petitioner is US citizen. Thank you in advance.

You can check the “immigration timeline” tab at the top of the page to get an idea about the timelines. As mentioned above, a lot of factors come into play so they will only give you an estimate..

“It’s been 84 years…” 

- Me talking about the progress of my I-751

4 hours ago, Daphne K said:

You can check the “immigration timeline” tab at the top of the page to get an idea about the timelines. As mentioned above, a lot of factors come into play so they will only give you an estimate..

Thank you for your reply. What factors come into play? Mine went to Nebraska service center, so it already has a pretty long wait. I assume that it will get adjudicated in the next 30-45 days. What can i do to better prepare myself for NVC and Embassy to speed up? Thank you in advance. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Libin222 said:

Thanks! I believe i'm prepared with all the necessary docs. What do you suggest so that i can be better prepared and ready to go when the time arrives? 

Become very very familiar with the information on the NVC process page 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/collect-and-submit-forms-and-documents-to-the-nvc.html

2 minutes ago, Libin222 said:

Thank you for your reply. What factors come into play? Mine went to Nebraska service center, so it already has a pretty long wait. I assume that it will get adjudicated in the next 30-45 days. What can i do to better prepare myself for NVC and Embassy to speed up? Thank you in advance. 

You can’t really speed it up .. but you can avoid slowing it down. 

You start out by asking for timelines and end up by asking about processes.  I'm going to leave this thread here and suggest you read the guides and the wikis based on the NVC process.  Have your items ready to go. 

Edited by NikLR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

36 minutes ago, Libin222 said:

The NVC stage is probably the only part where you have a tiny little bit of control when it comes to how quickly things go. And with this I mean, make sure that you have all the needed documentation beforehand, so you can start this process as soon as your case reaches the NVC, make sure that you upload the documentss correctly because if you upload a document the wrong way up it will get rejected and you have to resubmit and wait again for them to review it. All these things can make or break your NVC stage. And after that, you will be left at the mercy of the embassy,.

You will have a lot of waiting between the USCIS and NVC stage (it took us 5,5 weeks to get the NVC casenumber) and also the wait times for the interview can be very long for certain embassies.

So my advise is to start doing your research here (in the 'guides' section) to find out about the processes and the documentation that will be needed and I also used this resource a lot: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/after-petition-approved/begin-nat-visa-center.html

Good luck!

“It’s been 84 years…” 

- Me talking about the progress of my I-751

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Our timeline was 4 months between petition approval and visa issued, but we were very prepared with all documents ready to upload via CEAC, some countries still require mailed documents which could slow down the process.  So do more research on the NVC and interview documents and process, paying fees, etc. so that you are ready to go and know exactly what to do and which documents to submit and how to do it correctly to avoid unnecessary delays in the process.  Probably the biggest factor out of your control is how long it takes for NVC to schedule the interview abroad.  Our interview was scheduled only about a month after NVC qualified, but some countries take many months, like Mexico can be up to six months just to get an interview.  What is your country of residence?  Another delay that could happen is at the interview you may not have enough evidence to show that you will not become a public charge in the US.  What is the petitioner's income?  If it is not enough you will need a co-sponsor so check that out and have a co-sponsor and their documents prepared if needed.  Are there any red flags in your relationship?  Age difference, religion difference, previous issues with US immigration like removal or overstays in the US?  How many visits to be together, time spent with each other, and did you marry on the first visit?  These are all important factors that can cause delays or requests for more information or even a denial.  More information about your country and situation would help to give you the best advice.

Edited by carmel34

On 7/10/2019 at 12:41 PM, Lil bear said:

You can’t really speed it up .. but you can avoid slowing it down. 

This is excellent and concise!

15 hours ago, carmel34 said:

Our timeline was 4 months between petition approval and visa issued, but we were very prepared with all documents ready to upload via CEAC, some countries still require mailed documents which could slow down the process.  So do more research on the NVC and interview documents and process, paying fees, etc. so that you are ready to go and know exactly what to do and which documents to submit and how to do it correctly to avoid unnecessary delays in the process.  Probably the biggest factor out of your control is how long it takes for NVC to schedule the interview abroad.  Our interview was scheduled only about a month after NVC qualified, but some countries take many months, like Mexico can be up to six months just to get an interview.  What is your country of residence?  Another delay that could happen is at the interview you may not have enough evidence to show that you will not become a public charge in the US.  What is the petitioner's income?  If it is not enough you will need a co-sponsor so check that out and have a co-sponsor and their documents prepared if needed.  Are there any red flags in your relationship?  Age difference, religion difference, previous issues with US immigration like removal or overstays in the US?  How many visits to be together, time spent with each other, and did you marry on the first visit?  These are all important factors that can cause delays or requests for more information or even a denial.  More information about your country and situation would help to give you the best advice.

thanks! 

On 7/10/2019 at 3:27 PM, Daphne K said:

The NVC stage is probably the only part where you have a tiny little bit of control when it comes to how quickly things go. And with this I mean, make sure that you have all the needed documentation beforehand, so you can start this process as soon as your case reaches the NVC, make sure that you upload the documentss correctly because if you upload a document the wrong way up it will get rejected and you have to resubmit and wait again for them to review it. All these things can make or break your NVC stage. And after that, you will be left at the mercy of the embassy,.

You will have a lot of waiting between the USCIS and NVC stage (it took us 5,5 weeks to get the NVC casenumber) and also the wait times for the interview can be very long for certain embassies.

So my advise is to start doing your research here (in the 'guides' section) to find out about the processes and the documentation that will be needed and I also used this resource a lot: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/after-petition-approved/begin-nat-visa-center.html

Good luck!

thanks! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.