Greenbaum

JULY - AUGUST 2019 K-1 NOA2 to NVC

1,256 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, Kacey8361 said:

DS-160 was completed last week. When I check status of Immigrant Visa on CEAC site it states that application is ‘in transit’ which is great. Then, it says “Your interview date was provided to you by the NVC”. Ummmm, no it hasn’t (!?!) 

anyone know what that is all about? 

That message is not for a K1 applicant disregard it.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 8/19/2019 at 5:25 PM, BingoH said:

Actually it's your choice but I wouldn't start calling before waiting a least 3 weeks. We called around 3 weeks after getting our NOA2 they said that they received our petition and 2 days after we called again and had a case number.

I had a similar experience, got my case number on 20 August when I called than and I see a DHL shipment onway not sure if it’s mine only so much I wish for this though . 

While I have updated email Id but I haven’t yet not received any email from NVC,is it normal ? How would I receive notifications do I need to register myself somewhere else as well .

considering I have the case no now trust I can proceed with filling DS160 

what else I need to do now , I have followed almost all the threads but want to be doubly sure before I start filing DS.

18 minutes ago, ParulAbhay said:

I had a similar experience, got my case number on 20 August when I called than and I see a DHL shipment onway not sure if it’s mine only so much I wish for this though . 

While I have updated email Id but I haven’t yet not received any email from NVC,is it normal ? How would I receive notifications do I need to register myself somewhere else as well .

what else I need to do now , I have followed almost all the threads but want to be doubly sure before I start filing DS.

I updated our email with NVC right after NOA2 as recommended on the pdf on the 1st page. We never got an email stating the NVC had our case or when our case got its number. I called 3wks after NOA2 and got it. We missed the shipment on the 6th but shipped on the 20th. We did however get an email from the NVC on Tues the 20th that our case had shipped.

If you didn't get your case number until the 20th you are not on the shipment that day. As stated in the pdf on page 1, you need to have a case number by the Wednesday prior to shipment date. You should be on the next one.

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Juls801 said:

I updated our email with NVC right after NOA2 as recommended on the pdf on the 1st page. We never got an email stating the NVC had our case or when our case got its number. I called 3wks after NOA2 and got it. We missed the shipment on the 6th but shipped on the 20th. We did however get an email from the NVC on Tues the 20th that our case had shipped.

If you didn't get your case number until the 20th you are not on the shipment that day. As stated in the pdf on page 1, you need to have a case number by the Wednesday prior to shipment date. You should be on the next one.

Thanks this helps meanwhile I can start filing DS 160?

4 hours ago, Juls801 said:

How many times did you call before getting in contact? I call everyday and I get an automated message which hangs up every phone call. 

10 hours ago, ParulAbhay said:

You won't receive the email till your file ships from NVC. This is all normal.

5 hours ago, Bere said:

How many times did you call before getting in contact? I call everyday and I get an automated message which hangs up every phone call. 

What are calling about?

9 hours ago, ParulAbhay said:

Thanks this helps meanwhile I can start filing DS 160?

Yes

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

5 hours ago, Bere said:

Twice. 1st time waited an hour then got hung up on. 2nd time was connected in about 5min. Both on the same day.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Juls801 said:

Twice. 1st time waited an hour then got hung up on. 2nd time was connected in about 5min. Both on the same day.

Thankfully I have a good fiance who did the calling part but even first time his call got DC automatically in the morning, later  he called them up late night on the same day his call was answered and status was given after two days case no was given. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hi everyone ,

My question might be strange but is there any way to know how long it takes to get an appointment at a specific  embassy for k1 visa or when are the first available appointments at the moment?(Paris in my case) Is it possible to find an answer to that before filling DS160 ? Just to get an idea of how long I will have to wait for an appointment most likely..

We received NOA2 not long ago

Thank you and have a good day !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
1 hour ago, Lisa Pr said:

Hi everyone ,

My question might be strange but is there any way to know how long it takes to get an appointment at a specific  embassy for k1 visa or when are the first available appointments at the moment?(Paris in my case) Is it possible to find an answer to that before filling DS160 ? Just to get an idea of how long I will have to wait for an appointment most likely..

We received NOA2 not long ago

Thank you and have a good day !

Probably best to ask in the regional forum for France and see if someone has recently done this.  They could probably give an idea for what they saw for timing and availability.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
Just now, nosleep said:

Probably best to ask in the regional forum for France and see if someone has recently done this.  They could probably give an idea for what they saw for timing and availability.

Thank you :) , yeah that's right , I did that , got an answer but I was just wondering if there was a more "precise"way to find out as it doesn't seem  to be a lot of people from France doing the k1 process at the moment and not a lot of recent info 

Timeline
On 8/22/2019 at 12:28 PM, Greenbaum said:

Hey!! I got a tip from that Greenbaum Guy and he said there is something in the PDF file that addresses your question. He thinks maybe you need to do a little more lifting to get your answers.

I did read it again, but i dont see where it say anything about when it reaches embassy. I only see "Ready" for visa issuance. But its cool though, i read my status again and it says on the bottom  "ready for interview" which i assume means at embassy and in there system. Thank you though. 

But a question though, Do i have to send original  i-134 with "wet" signature or can i email her a scanned copy. Cant really find an definite answer for this question. Thank you. 

38 minutes ago, js1ngh said:

I did read it again, but i dont see where it say anything about when it reaches embassy. I only see "Ready" for visa issuance. But its cool though, i read my status again and it says on the bottom  "ready for interview" which i assume means at embassy and in there system. Thank you though. 

But a question though, Do i have to send original  i-134 with "wet" signature or can i email her a scanned copy. Cant really find an definite answer for this question. Thank you. 

I have very few embassy recorded who do and who doesn't require wet signatures.  Here are 2 threads that will help with that answer.

Here is a topic in another forum where those from the Mumbai Consulate are applying with good information.
https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/331403-mumbai-consulate-k1-visa-221g-given/
And
https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/684938-india-processing-2018-noa2-nvc/?page=1

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.