Greenbaum

JULY - AUGUST 2019 I-129F FILERS

1,560 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, FreyandRyan said:

Thank you everyone for the well wishes :)))

Got home last night from London and turns out the hard copy was waiting in the mail and dated 11/21, so actually a day earlier than the app states. We'll go with that!

Will your interview be in London or Manila?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
2 hours ago, FreyandRyan said:

Thank you everyone for the well wishes :)))

Got home last night from London and turns out the hard copy was waiting in the mail and dated 11/21, so actually a day earlier than the app states. We'll go with that!

Congrats!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
13 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

One is old and the other was supposed to be the new one but both seem to work and sometimes neither. Can't put to much faith in either. By the way, there is always someone similar or someone who has experienced the same. That will always be answered with a yes.

So is the eGov Link above the new or the old? 

2 hours ago, JacJ said:

So is the eGov Link above the new or the old? 

Old site (also the data source for all 'USCIS case tracker' apps): https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do 
New : https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ (you have to create an account and add your case # to it) 

Neither is more reliable (and it's very possible you won't see anything on either, and will have to just wait for the physical mail). For a while it looked like they were phasing out the "old" site, but that trend seems to have reversed itself and there are still lots of cases that show up on only one (or much earlier on one than the other). 

We can't opine on which is more accurate. Your mileage may vary.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
35 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Old site (also the data source for all 'USCIS case tracker' apps): https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do 
New : https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ (you have to create an account and add your case # to it) 

Neither is more reliable (and it's very possible you won't see anything on either, and will have to just wait for the physical mail). For a while it looked like they were phasing out the "old" site, but that trend seems to have reversed itself and there are still lots of cases that show up on only one (or much earlier on one than the other). 

We can't opine on which is more accurate. Your mileage may vary.

Thank you, I really appreciate the help! 

20 hours ago, Ljubcasta said:

Hopefully we’ll start getting some late August noa1s approved in the next week. I know there will be a delay with the holiday however. We’re currently on day 91. Just waiting patiently to hear something soon! 

Absolutely fellow late-Auguster. The processing date seem to have started ticking up a bit more slowly in the last couple of weeks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
8 hours ago, Elise&Joe said:

My fiancee phoned me at 1am UK time last night. I was at first pretty dazed and confused at being woken up, this made its way into mild panic that something bad must have happened. Turns out she had got home from work to find our NOA2 waiting for her!

We've both been having a bit of a rough time at our respective jobs recently and this good news has really lifted us. I couldn't get back to sleep until after 2am. I'm tired today, but I've got a big smile on my face!

Elise is visiting the UK over New Year, so hopefully NVC processing will happen before/during her visit and we'll have another milestone to celebrate!

Congratulations to you.

Waiting patiently for ours 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline

Well, we got a notification of RFE just now. Now the waiting game to see what the RFE is for. Good news is you guys warned me we would probably get one since we filed one in 2018, but my attorney appears to have not done an official  rescinding of the last visa (I know, it’s ultimately on my head...I take that responsibility). I’m hoping the RFE is something simple that we need to tidy up. I know before I was laid off last time, we got the NOA2 and I was laid off in transition to NVC period and it took about 5 months and me moving to a new city to gain employment. I make great money so I don’t see any issue there, but can folks respond and give it to me real or maybe even put my nerves to rest a bit? I know I’m asking for you to have a crystal ball moment, but any insight would be beneficial from the SMEs here. Thank you in advance. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline

@payxibka on August 28 of this thread you indicated a waiver might be necessary to account for the non-official cancellation of our visa pursuit by our attorney (me ultimately) in 2018.  I posted just above this post that I was just notified of an RFE. I am hoping it’s something simple they are requesting. I tried to do some research about multiple filings, but the Google is mostly geared towards marriage brokered instances (not us) or older content. Is there an official form when it comes to the waiver requests or do they request a signed letter stating the events that transpired that led to not fully pursuing the visa? I was laid off and it took several months and literally moving to another state for work. When that dust settled, we filed for the visa again as we assumed the last one had been rescinded. Hers and my relationship history can be picture documented back to 2012 and visa stamps on her old passport.  It took several years for us to figure it all out, but we are 100% confident we have hashed out all issues now. Thanks in advance. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
23 minutes ago, Chad USA/Swiss said:

@payxibka on August 28 of this thread you indicated a waiver might be necessary to account for the non-official cancellation of our visa pursuit by our attorney (me ultimately) in 2018.  I posted just above this post that I was just notified of an RFE. I am hoping it’s something simple they are requesting. I tried to do some research about multiple filings, but the Google is mostly geared towards marriage brokered instances (not us) or older content. Is there an official form when it comes to the waiver requests or do they request a signed letter stating the events that transpired that led to not fully pursuing the visa? I was laid off and it took several months and literally moving to another state for work. When that dust settled, we filed for the visa again as we assumed the last one had been rescinded. Hers and my relationship history can be picture documented back to 2012 and visa stamps on her old passport.  It took several years for us to figure it all out, but we are 100% confident we have hashed out all issues now. Thanks in advance. 

Gotta wait for the actual letter to see which rabbit hole to chase.  A waiver request has no template or form as everyone's facts and circumstances are unique 

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.