Greenbaum

JULY - AUGUST 2019 I-129F FILERS

1,560 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
4 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

I can walk in and make a purchase at most stores and I'm presented with many ways to pay for my goods. I can use a charge card that has a chip, debit card with a chip, pay pal, Samsung Pay, Apple Pay, cash, personal check.

So what am I missing here from your statement? Oh "contactless yet" whatever that is. 

Sorry I just don't get your point. Please educate me. 

36 minutes ago, ek1357 said:

I have to agree with @brainless69 we are both in England and when I go to America I’m always very surprised how backwards some states are. I guess where you live is a little more tech savvy. But when I go to the Cheesecake Factory and ask to pay by card they have to manually type my card details!!

I was genuinely shocked, here in England no matter where I go I look into my phone screen tap it on the machine and out I stroll. Literally anywhere and any price! 

Exactly what @ek1357 has said, America seems to have fallen a little bit behind on the tech savvy ness that is available here in the UK. Although it is becoming more common in larger cities to have contactless payment, chip and pin and Apple Pay. Working in the hospitality industry here, when we get American customers, a majority of them don’t have Capabilities of the above payments types. So was just making a silly comparison as to why the apps and website don’t update when people get their NOA2 . 

6 hours ago, ek1357 said:

I have to agree with @brainless69 we are both in England and when I go to America I’m always very surprised how backwards some states are. I guess where you live is a little more tech savvy. But when I go to the Cheesecake Factory and ask to pay by card they have to manually type my card details!!

I was genuinely shocked, here in England no matter where I go I look into my phone screen tap it on the machine and out I stroll. Literally anywhere and any price! 

With such a large land mass that the US is, there is going to be those who are still without some conveniences that the "city folks" have. It surprises me that a large chain that Cheesecake Factory is that they must manual enter the card in the system. I'm sure that was an isolated case but I wasn't there.

We have a community of Amish who live in the Pennsylvania area who do not use electricity or motorized vehicles but candles and horse and buggy's. You'll have an education while living here. All the best.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
59 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

With such a large land mass that the US is, there is going to be those who are still without some conveniences that the "city folks" have. It surprises me that a large chain that Cheesecake Factory is that they must manual enter the card in the system. I'm sure that was an isolated case but I wasn't there.

We have a community of Amish who live in the Pennsylvania area who do not use electricity or motorized vehicles but candles and horse and buggy's. You'll have an education while living here. All the best.

I've visited Amish country a few times, it really is something else... and lived in the U.S. for a total of 6 years, both in bigger cities and more rural areas. BTW, I didn't mean to offend you, it was just an observation. Even on the countryside here in Sweden, away from the major cities, everything is done electronically these days and we haven’t had checks for as long as I can remember (I’m 34). 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
8 hours ago, MalinB said:

I second (third) this. When it comes to some things, like paying, Europe is way ahead of the United States. I can add that the "contactless” thing is implemented in most stores. You just "beep" your card againt the machine instead of sliding it in. Very convenient. 

It's the same in Australia. 

The US does have alot of people and they are quite spread out so its probably harder to make a switch to different payment methods, I remember when the stores in the US switched to mostly chip and pin a few years ago and almost everyone was complaining. Lol. I'm seeing banks in the US actually starting to issue "contactless" cards and more locations accepting them, so maybe we'll come around someday. 🤣🤣🤣

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Sorry.  I'm reading through these guides on here.  I'm a bit confused.  I'm 2 weeks past my NOA2 (Oct22).  Now my package leaves one department of our government and to another department.  This is at the "NVC" which I'm assuming is a single location in the USA.  This time period, which I'm looking at a bunch of people's timelines between 2016-2019 appears to be around 2-3 weeks.  I'm supposed to get an email because I filled out the electronic communication form before sending my I-129F.  Is that correct?  The NVC has no app or status website for me at this time.  Correct?

Now, when they get it, do I need to do something?  Will they want another payment?  Does it just keep moving?  Or do they hold it and wait for me to send things?  

Petition Mailed:     7/17/2019  (Fedex)

NOA1:                         7/19/2019
Check Deposit:       7/24/2019

Text Message:        7/25/2019  (Your case was received)

NOA1 Hard Copy:  7/29/2019

NOA2:                         10/22/2019

NOA2 Hard Copy:  10/28/2019

Timeline
2 hours ago, Cesartx75989 said:

I just called nvc ! They just received my paperwork today exactly 3 weeks after I received my approval :)

noa1 July 16

noa2 oct 17

at nvc nov 7

Congrats!  Your timeline is interesting
NOA1:  7/16  7/19 for me  (3 days)  We are both California
NOA2:  10/17  and 10/22 for me (5 days)

I wonder if my NVC will be 5 days after you, November 12.  

We are both headed towards that November 26 shipping date for embassy.  We really hope to make that cutoff but think we will probably end up December 10 shipping date.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Cesartx75989 said:

I just called nvc ! They just received my paperwork today exactly 3 weeks after I received my approval :)

noa1 July 16

noa2 oct 17

at nvc nov 7

Congratulations!!

• 7-15-1   I-129F Sent
  • 7-17-19    I-129F Received
  • 7-22-19    NOA1
  • 10-25-19  NOA2 / Hardcopy Received 11-1-19
  • 11-7-19    NVC RECEIVED
  • 11-12-19  RECEIVED CASE #
  • 3-17-20    MEDICAL (CANCELLED) 
  • 3-30-20    INTERVIEW (CANCELLED) 
  • 6-25-20    MEDICAL (RESCHEDULED/CANCELLED/TBD)
  • 7-8-20      INTERVIEW (RESCHEDULED/CANCELLED)
  • 7-9-20   INTERVIEW (RESCHEDULED/CANCELLED/TBD)
  • ?-?-21 MEDICAL 
  • ?-?-21  INTERVIEW 

Matthew 6:33But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. 

Psalm 37:4,5Delight thyself also in the Lord; and He shall give thee the desires of thine heart.  Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in Him; and He shall bring it to pass. 

Genesis 2:18And the Lord God said, it is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.  

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
20 minutes ago, DaveAndSmey said:

Congrats!  Your timeline is interesting
NOA1:  7/16  7/19 for me  (3 days)  We are both California
NOA2:  10/17  and 10/22 for me (5 days)

I wonder if my NVC will be 5 days after you, November 12.  

We are both headed towards that November 26 shipping date for embassy.  We really hope to make that cutoff but think we will probably end up December 10 shipping date.

Yeah hopefully on the 26 for me since they will have two full weeks for them to do their thing 🙏🏿🙏🏿🙏🏿

32 minutes ago, DaveAndSmey said:

Sorry.  I'm reading through these guides on here.  I'm a bit confused.  I'm 2 weeks past my NOA2 (Oct22).  Now my package leaves one department of our government and to another department.  This is at the "NVC" which I'm assuming is a single location in the USA.  This time period, which I'm looking at a bunch of people's timelines between 2016-2019 appears to be around 2-3 weeks.  It's been running about 3-4 weeks from NOA2 approval to NVC receipt. 1-2 weeks after that for case assignment.

I'm supposed to get an email because I filled out the electronic communication form before sending my I-129F.  Is that correct?  Some do and some don't. Everyone is different. You will get a copy mailed to you approx 2 weeks after case number assignment. That's why most just end up calling to get their case number so they can move along.

The NVC has no app or status website for me at this time.  Correct?  That's correct. Phoning is the only means unless you wait for the hard copy which comes in the mail.

Now, when they [embassy?] get it, do I need to do something?  The embassy will contact the beneficiary with instructions.

Will they want another payment?  One payment for the interview and once payment for the medical.

Does it just keep moving?  Not sure what you mean if it keeps moving. Yes it keeps moving to the embassy but stops their until you schedule and show up for the interview.

Or do they hold it and wait for me to send things?  The embassy requires that the beneficiary bring their documents to the interview. The only thing that the petitioner does is complete the financial document requirement to include the I-134.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

Thanks for the reply.  I got this answered by someone else.  I thought that it stops at the NVC and the NVC waits for me to send money and other documents.  I see that it just keeps moving forward.  Thank you!

2 hours ago, DaveAndSmey said:

Thanks for the reply.  I got this answered by someone else.  I thought that it stops at the NVC and the NVC waits for me to send money and other documents.  I see that it just keeps moving forward.  Thank you!

This is why VJ ask you to post your question in one thread. If I had known that you had your question answered somewhere else, I could have moved on and helped someone else. I wish the best with your pursuit of your visa.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

1 hour ago, Greenbaum said:

This is why VJ ask you to post your question in one thread. If I had known that you had your question answered somewhere else, I could have moved on and helped someone else. I wish the best with your pursuit of your visa.

I'm really grateful for your time.  You did answer questions I hadn't asked.  When I say "I got this answered by someone else" it wasn't a question I put in these forums but in a private conversation with another member.  Again, thank you very much! :)

Timeline

Happy Friday everyone! Hope see more approvals today as it’s been a pretty quiet week on this thread. 

I will be away for my birthday this week with my fiancée so keeping fingers crossed we hear something by app/text/website otherwise it’ll be a week of birthday wishes for it to have arrived by post when we get back. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.