15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone, im a k1 visa holder, married to a us citizen and i am filing for an Adjustment of Status along with I-765 and I-131. I need a cover letter, simple and neat. I cant find an accurate and recent cover letter samples in some forums and it seems not active so i decided to create a topic. If you know a sample please feel free to link it in. Its better if you can share and post yours. 

Thank you so much in advance! ;)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

333381562_AOS.jpg.3a1795afd4300f5b8880c01cf8cc5486.jpg

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

My husband and I just recently (last week) sent our concurrent filing application (I-130 and I-1485 with I-765 & I-131).

What I did was I made a cover letter for the entire application package. And then I made a cover letter for each of the I-130 and I-485 (which is the example that I will attach here).

I also got the ideas from my letter to some people here in Visa Journey and to some website using Google. God bless on your journey!

vj2.PNG

vj.PNG

vj 1.PNG

Timeline
3 hours ago, Mrs Thor said:

My husband and I just recently (last week) sent our concurrent filing application (I-130 and I-1485 with I-765 & I-131).

What I did was I made a cover letter for the entire application package. And then I made a cover letter for each of the I-130 and I-485 (which is the example that I will attach here).

I also got the ideas from my letter to some people here in Visa Journey and to some website using Google. God bless on your journey!

vj2.PNG

vj.PNG

vj 1.PNG

Such a big help. Thank you!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Here is one cover letter that is in a thread in the AOS Process Forum, it has been around since 2014: 

HTH.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline
10 hours ago, Pitaya (火龙果) said:

Here is one cover letter that is in a thread in the AOS Process Forum, it has been around since 2014: 

HTH.

It doesnt seem active. But thats the one i follow. Tried to post a comment in there but sadly no one answered.

So, if you may, in I-765 and I-131 in this cover letter, do i need the whole copy of my passport? or just the biographic page and the visa?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I don't think that the thread I previously mentioned is necessarily intended to be active, but more to serve as a reference. Hence, you didn't get a reply. Additionally, you can get the general idea on cover letters from the reference thread, but don't go around looking for a Form G-325A. It is likely listed on the reference cover letter, but got cut from the required form list a couple years ago.

I sent in a copy of each of our passports, cover to cover. Of course, when they had their POE, I scanned all of the passports. So that when they ask for one page or another, who cares, I just send in a pdf copy of the whole enchilada.

BTW, here is a parallel contemporary thread about AOS, contents, tips and tricks, you should consider checking it out. https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/710567-what-to-submit-for-aos/#comments . There maybe some pearls of wisdom that may be of use to you.

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline
1 hour ago, Pitaya (火龙果) said:

I don't think that the thread I previously mentioned is necessarily intended to be active, but more to serve as a reference. Hence, you didn't get a reply. Additionally, you can get the general idea on cover letters from the reference thread, but don't go around looking for a Form G-325A. It is likely listed on the reference cover letter, but got cut from the required form list a couple years ago.

I sent in a copy of each of our passports, cover to cover. Of course, when they had their POE, I scanned all of the passports. So that when they ask for one page or another, who cares, I just send in a pdf copy of the whole enchilada.

BTW, here is a parallel contemporary thread about AOS, contents, tips and tricks, you should consider checking it out. https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/710567-what-to-submit-for-aos/#comments . There maybe some pearls of wisdom that may be of use to you.

great! thank you!

Timeline
1 hour ago, Pitaya (火龙果) said:

but on the I-485, You just submit your passport biographical page and visa page only?

Edited by kittyanne

5 hours ago, kittyanne said:

but on the I-485, You just submit your passport biographical page and visa page only?

You submit the biographical page, the visa page and the page that has your entry stamp. That's what I did.

• 4 months later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Comanutd33 said:

Do we really need W2's from last three years?

You are required to submit either tax returns with all W-2s and all schedules for the most recent tax year or tax transcripts for the most recent tax year.

You can submit returns or transcripts for prior years if you wish to. If you choose to submit returns rather than transcripts for any year, you need to also include W-2s and all schedules. This is why it's generally better to submit transcripts.

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

3 hours ago, DaveAndAnastasia said:

You are required to submit either tax returns with all W-2s and all schedules for the most recent tax year or tax transcripts for the most recent tax year.

You can submit returns or transcripts for prior years if you wish to. If you choose to submit returns rather than transcripts for any year, you need to also include W-2s and all schedules. This is why it's generally better to submit transcripts.

What if we never filed any taxes before because we were in school and didn't have any actual jobs. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
13 hours ago, Mason23 said:

What if we never filed any taxes before because we were in school and didn't have any actual jobs. 

You can get a statement from the IRS that you were not required to file due to insufficient income, though I'm not sure exactly how to do that.

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.