ycujudie

Military dependents living overseas while I-751 pending

8 posts in this topic

Hi everyone:

I'd like to know if there's anyone have experience with living in other country (your nationality) while I-751 pending?

My husband PCS to Korea with unaccompanied order for 1 year and I am planning to go back to live in Taiwan while he is in Korea, and I know I probably need to send out I-131 form (for re-entry permit) before I leave for Taiwan, other than that what else do I need to do to make sure I will have no problem come back to live in the US after 1 year?

P.S.  I filed I-751 on 2019/06/18 and my 2 years GC expired 2019/08/31

Planning to leave around beginning of Oct. this year.

Thank you so much!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
13 minutes ago, ycujudie said:

Hi everyone:

I'd like to know if there's anyone have experience with living in other country (your nationality) while I-751 pending?

My husband PCS to Korea with unaccompanied order for 1 year and I am planning to go back to live in Taiwan while he is in Korea, and I know I probably need to send out I-131 form (for re-entry permit) before I leave for Taiwan, other than that what else do I need to do to make sure I will have no problem come back to live in the US after 1 year?

Thank you so much!

Might need to provide a copy of your husband's orders, and possibly request expedite for the proccess. 

52 minutes ago, ycujudie said:

Hi everyone:

Thank you so much!

I am going to say that you are going to have a problem because you are NOT on his orders at all. So that does not give you license to leave the country for a indefinite amount of time. If you were on his orders accompanied then that would be a different scenario. 

42 minutes ago, Ed&Midori1031 said:

Might need to provide a copy of your husband's orders, and possibly request expedite for the proccess. 

Why? She is not on his orders so there is no reason for a expedite at all

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
58 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Why? She is not on his orders so there is no reason for a expedite at all

You're right.  I stand corrected.  I was just comparing to my situation I had to go through, thank you! 

2 hours ago, ycujudie said:

and I know I probably need to send out I-131 form (for re-entry permit) before

"Probably?" Of course you need it.

Be aware that this will postpone your eligibility for naturalization.

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

I know it's gonna have some issue, also I am not looking for expedite the case, and I will send out the I-131... but I just wondering if there's anyone experienced the same situation before ( I am sure there are some :) ) ? 

* need the suggestion, not judgement :)  

Edited by ycujudie

The I-131 will be issued for duration of your green card - so useless. Stay put in the US - get a job, go to school. 

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.